Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why the hammer of building does not work for gear ups?

Why the hammer of building does not work for gear ups?

The title asks the question.
    forum configuration.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanderx899 View Post
    The title asks the question.
    How will the hammer decide whether you want to upgrade the stuff nomally or gear it up?

upgrading <> gear up ?

Use your hammers on other things. The Book of Building works to finish a gear up. There are only 3 gear ups in the game, it shouldn't be had to accumulate the loot to pay for them then use a book.

Gear up is not an upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Gear up is not an upgrade.
    Nonsense, of course it is an upgrade. SC has just not bothered with the code to differentiate from a regular upgrade to the defense and a gear-up upgrade hence you can't use the BoB.

Quote Originally Posted by NightsWatchMB View Post
    Nonsense, of course it is an upgrade. SC has just not bothered with the code to differentiate from a regular upgrade to the defense and a gear-up upgrade hence you can't use the BoB.
    Not often do i shake my head at a comment as everyone is entitled to their opinion/point of view however to say supercell couldnt be bothered with adding the code is a staggering answer and totally wrong its simply not how the hammer has been designed to work its ment for upgrades not gear ups it really is that simple had sc wanted it to work on gear ups i can assure they would have done the code for it and not said nah cant be bothered lets leave it as is
    just expressing a opinion no offence intended my english writing skills is rubbish so i aplogies in advance please everyone accept my comnents at face value yup i can be a bit thick but i try my best so please be understanding

Quote Originally Posted by NightsWatchMB View Post
    Gear up is not an upgrade. It remains the same level as before just with different stats.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; June 1st, 2020 at 05:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    Gear up is not an upgrade. It remains the same level as before just with different stats.
    Upgrade: raise (something) to a higher standard, in particular improve (equipment or machinery) by adding or replacing components.

I'm pretty sure that's exactly what the master builder is doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    Not often do i shake my head at a comment as everyone is entitled to their opinion/point of view however to say supercell couldnt be bothered with adding the code is a staggering answer and totally wrong its simply not how the hammer has been designed to work its ment for upgrades not gear ups it really is that simple had sc wanted it to work on gear ups i can assure they would have done the code for it and not said nah cant be bothered lets leave it as is
    Your knowledge of SC's thought processes is unprecedented outside company HQ I would imagine. I think it's highly likely that they have discounted numerous ideas/improvements because of the coding overhead required.