Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why the hammer of building does not work for gear ups?

  1. #21
    It will work on gear ups if you already have OTTO.



    Just joking.

  2. #22
    Forum Superstar Mrlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    You are "shaking your head" at a comment based on something which is entirely your own speculation.

    You state as fact something which is entirely opinion. Unless ofcourse you were actually working for SC when the hammers were designed?
    Ajax what i am saying is if a code is needed in the game sc would for sure add the code and not say I cant be bothered thats the part i am shaking my head at which i thought i had made pretty clear anyway i apologize for any confusion caused maybe in the future it's better just to ask for clarifaction of a comment rather then make a wrong assumption as in no way shape or form did i state anything as a fact i was saying my understanding of how somthing works nothing more nothing less after all i am a player like everyone on here so why would i state anything as a fact
    just expressing a opinion no offence intended my english writing skills is rubbish so i aplogies in advance please everyone accept my comnents at face value yup i can be a bit thick but i try my best so please be understanding

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    Ajax what i am saying is if a code is needed in the game sc would for sure add the code and not say I cant be bothered thats the part i am shaking my head at which i thought i had made pretty clear anyway i apologize for any confusion caused maybe in the future it's better just to ask for clarifaction of a comment rather then make a wrong assumption as in no way shape or form did i state anything as a fact i was saying my understanding of how somthing works nothing more nothing less after all i am a player like everyone on here so why would i state anything as a fact
    Well your post certainly came over that way, whether you intended it or not.

    When you say something is "a staggering answer and totally wrong", that is stating as fact that it is wrong. And the following statement is one apparently of fact also rather than opinion "its simply not how the hammer has been designed to work its ment for upgrades not gear ups".

    You may well be right, but you don't know that (neither do I BTW), while appearing to post that you do.

    Personally, I believe it more likely to be an oversight than deliberate, but I really don't know for sure. I don't think it likely that they would have deliberately gone "Can't be bothered making that change".

  4. #24
    rowman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    On a lenghty sabbatical
    Posts
    11,308
    In all honesty, I see valid arguments on both sides. I have a mortar and want to gear it up. As others noted above, can indeed be viewed as an upgrade to the existing item.

    But, it can also be viewed as an initial placement, or as a new item. Prior to upgrade I had zero multi-mortars, afterwards I had one placed. Hence, a new object was deployed, and a hammer cannot be used for initial placement. (If my memory is correct. Have not placed a new item in a long time). And yes those new items available in the shop for placement also appear in the Builders Menu.

    All in the however you elect to view it. In the strictest stance though, a gear-up is not a upgrade, nor an initial placement, but a rather a conversion, which makes that action unique to the game.
    Last edited by rowman; June 1st, 2020 at 10:00 PM.

  5. #25
    Forum Superstar Mrlk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    3,977
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Well your post certainly came over that way, whether you intended it or not.

    When you say something is "a staggering answer and totally wrong", that is stating as fact that it is wrong. And the following statement is one apparently of fact also rather than opinion "its simply not how the hammer has been designed to work its ment for upgrades not gear ups".

    You may well be right, but you don't know that (neither do I BTW), while appearing to post that you do.

    Personally, I believe it more likely to be an oversight than deliberate, but I really don't know for sure. I don't think it likely that they would have deliberately gone "Can't be bothered making that change".
    As i already clarified my head shaking and staggering was at the sc can't be bothered to add code comment nothing more nothing less i totally accept my writing skills are poor as i have stated many times over the years on this forum i struggle with writing so were possible please just take what i say at face value and nothing more then that i accept i am some what stupid and lack education which is reflected in my poor grammer and choice of wording my only desire is to try and join in conversation on here not offend or have a go at anyone
    just expressing a opinion no offence intended my english writing skills is rubbish so i aplogies in advance please everyone accept my comnents at face value yup i can be a bit thick but i try my best so please be understanding

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    In all honesty, I see valid arguments on both sides. I have a mortar and want to gear it up. As others noted above, can indeed be viewed as an upgrade to the existing item.

    But, it can also be viewed as an initial placement, or as a new item. Prior to upgrade I had zero multi-mortars, afterwards I had one placed. Hence, a new object was deployed, and a hammer cannot be used for initial placement. (If my memory is correct. Have not placed a new item in a long time). And yes those new items available in the shop for placement also appear in the Builders Menu.
    That is true, you can't use a hammer for a new item. And as you say, they do still appear in the builder menu.

    All in the however you elect to view it. In the strictest stance though, a gear-up is not a upgrade, nor an initial placement, but a rather a conversion, which makes that action unique to the game.
    True again. I don't know whether this is deliberate on the part of SC, or whether it is an oversight, and they should have worked for gear ups.

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrlk View Post
    As i already clarified my head shaking and staggering was at the sc can't be bothered to add code comment nothing more nothing less i totally accept my writing skills are poor as i have stated many times over the years on this forum i struggle with writing so were possible please just take what i say at face value and nothing more then that i accept i am some what stupid and lack education which is reflected in my poor grammer and choice of wording my only desire is to try and join in conversation on here not offend or have a go at anyone
    Oh, I don't think you are stupid at all.

    Poor choice of wording sometimes, fair enough.

    That just seemed very definite, rather than being presented as "I think" or "probably" or "In my opinion" or similar. And I wasn't the only person to think that.

    And I understood the "head shaking", it was the "and totally wrong" without any qualification that made it seem very definite. Just qualify with things like "probably", or even "almost certainly", or "I think", makes it much clearer.

  8. #28
    Millennial Club kristojesus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    1,368
    Simple because gearing up is what the MASTER builder job/expertise..... yes master....

  9. #29
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,568
    I'm leaning towards my standard answer as a parent. Because I (supercel) said so. Anything else is just speculation.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #30
    Quote Originally Posted by kristojesus View Post
    Simple because gearing up is what the MASTER builder job/expertise..... yes master....
    Hammer of building works in Builder Base, so that is not the explanation.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •