Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Advancing Forward in the game

Fresh Spawn

Advancing Forward in the game

Clash seems to have put a cap on the play time for players. I am a Th10 with max walls and heroes, but my defenses are still at Th9 levels and my lab still has a ways to go. What I'm saying is that it's very hard to progress further in the game at the point I'm at right now. I constantly have max storages and I'm always waiting on builders and lab for days at a time. Now especially with the season bank I have so much loot that I am simply unable to spend. I use the items from gold pass and buy worthwhile items in the trader with gems but its still not enough.

The game is becoming less fun because I no longer have incentive to attack or play much except for occasional war/CWL/clan games. Supercell would probably like me to spend money and gems to finish my upgrades to spend my loot but I'm frugal with gems and it almost never seems like a good deal to me. My other option I suppose is to upgrade to Th11 so I can once again spend my extra loot on walls, but then I'd be a Th11 with Th9 defenses and I despise rushing.

Does anyone have any tips or solutions for me? Or advice if you've faced a similar issue?

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    I doubt many have faced your issue.

Almost everybody will have completed most other buildings before completing either Walls or Heroes at TH10.

Seems like you probably put too much resources into walls, rather than keeping it for defences early on. Unfortunately, it is hard now to recover the situation, as you are finding.

But if you stagger your upgrades, and get the 6th builder (if you haven't already), then you will get there eventually. I don't think there are any shortcuts really, unless you want to spend, and I agree that wouldn't really be a good way out of it.

If you are going to spend anything, then make it the gold pass, because that will give you discounts on building time.

And when you do get to TH11, keep at least 4 builders on buildings. Only do walls when you have enough left over that you won't be short the next time a builder comes free.

I'm having this problem too with my mini.

Having only 5 builders, using 3 on heroes, one free for walls and one for buildings hindered my progress at th11 and I have defenses between th9 and th11 as a th12 now! I went to th12 to keep farming heroes but now I keep two builders for buildings and I'll do walls later/do one or two walls between heroes upgrades. You should consider stagger your wall upgrades a bit too.

As others noted, it comes down to planning. I agree with Ajax, most have the opposite problem, in that they leave walls to the end. I recently farmed up a th11 and now am working on it as a th12. At first, I kept one builder free to work on walls. However, I knew I should not do that all the way to when the walls are done as I would have the same problem as OP. Instead, I did a lot of walls (I didn't try to figure it out exactly) with that method to start. It also allowed me to get my offense up before my defense got too heavy. Then, I switched and went to having all of my builders working all of the time. I now only upgrade walls with "extra" loot when a builder comes free. I think the way it is going to time out is going to be my walls done a bit too early, mostly because I get the gold pass and that results in a lot of extra loot to dump into walls.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Centennial Club
    I've maxed a th 13 and have another that's on the way. I usually keep a builder open for walls. Due to the long upgrade times as you get higher I've found that this evens things out a little and gives me incentive to keep raiding. As mentioned, be sure to get the 6th builder. That makes a HUGE impact on getting things done. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mj00 View Post
    Clash seems to have put a cap on the play time for players. I am a Th10 with max walls and heroes, but my defenses are still at Th9 levels and my lab still has a ways to go. What I'm saying is that it's very hard to progress further in the game at the point I'm at right now. I constantly have max storages and I'm always waiting on builders and lab for days at a time. Now especially with the season bank I have so much loot that I am simply unable to spend. I use the items from gold pass and buy worthwhile items in the trader with gems but its still not enough.

The game is becoming less fun because I no longer have incentive to attack or play much except for occasional war/CWL/clan games. Supercell would probably like me to spend money and gems to finish my upgrades to spend my loot but I'm frugal with gems and it almost never seems like a good deal to me. My other option I suppose is to upgrade to Th11 so I can once again spend my extra loot on walls, but then I'd be a Th11 with Th9 defenses and I despise rushing.

Does anyone have any tips or solutions for me? Or advice if you've faced a similar issue?
    Upgrades used to take much longer and were much more costly than now, are you complaining about max storages? It was complaining about getting enough resources in my time as a th10.
    Last edited by MiniDeathclaw; June 1st, 2020 at 08:44 PM.

Wow, I have th10 minis that have all defenses done and am just catching up the king and walls now. One th11 mini has a king, a few defenses and a lot of walls to go. Three th12 minis are midway though heroes and defenses and will end up finishing same as others.

I think maybe the difference is that I don’t keep all heroes down at once and i prioritize defenses over walls. By that I mean that I usually have all builders going at once but staggered a little apart so that I’m never more than 1-3 days away from a free builder and if I have a buildup of loot at that time then I’ll do some walls, otherwise the walls can wait.

Not saying my experience is optimal — I’m a raid magnet when a few days away from a builder. OTOH, if I lose loot in raids that could otherwise have gone into walls that’s okay, bc maybe getting defenses up quicker protects some loot and maybe somewhat evens out in the end.

Fresh Spawn
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I doubt many have faced your issue.

Almost everybody will have completed most other buildings before completing either Walls or Heroes at TH10.

Seems like you probably put too much resources into walls, rather than keeping it for defences early on. Unfortunately, it is hard now to recover the situation, as you are finding.

But if you stagger your upgrades, and get the 6th builder (if you haven't already), then you will get there eventually. I don't think there are any shortcuts really, unless you want to spend, and I agree that wouldn't really be a good way out of it.

If you are going to spend anything, then make it the gold pass, because that will give you discounts on building time.

And when you do get to TH11, keep at least 4 builders on buildings. Only do walls when you have enough left over that you won't be short the next time a builder comes free.
    I've managed to keep all 5 of my builders busy all the time, I've only been at Th10 for about 2 months, with the previous 1 gem army boosts and training potions I was raiding so much and getting enough loot that I was able to max walls while catching up new defenses to existing levels and maxing my offensive buildings. I think my problem was simply I played too much during the past 2 months, lol. Currently just praying for research potions in the trader and working towards otto.
    Thanks for the response.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    With max heros and overflowing storages i would definitely go to th11.

low level defences dont matter

it you attack a lot it doesnt really matter if you get smashed on defence on your farming base a few times a day

and in wars hero strength is the most important thing, as your defensive weight will probably match you to a th10, but you probably dont war much with heros down all the time anyways.

no reason i can think of to stay at th10

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Looks like you just put a great effort on getting your walls maxed. Maybe the heroes too.
    Hey wait a sec, you just told that you have got your walls maxed and heroes. So arent your builders sitting empty?? Farm more and upgrade the defences . Not gonna take much longer. Maybe a month will do .And use the elixirs and darks to max the labs . Thats it . There u go