Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shift in customer service after prolong months of not spending money on in-app purcha

Shift in customer service after prolong months of not spending money on in-app purcha

When I was spending over $25 a month buy gold pass across multiple accounts, customer service was great, receive a reply when I have inquire about <something i dont want to disclose in the forum openly> within a few hours.

But then I stop spending money on this game, and thats where things goes down, as if I'm no longer VIP status or something. I notice this when I try to inquire them about <something i don't want to disclose in the forum openly> and I have never received a message back.

Anyone else experience a shift in customer service?
    Last edited by rurunix; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:07 PM.

Centennial Club
    I’ve noticed that since the virus customer service has declined.. I am still waiting for a response on an issue that I submitted at the end of the season. They responded once and said they were looking into the matter and I haven’t gotten anything back yet.

I have no idea but your post reminds me of something I said on the forums years ago that got people riled up. I suggested that those of us who spend money on the game should get priority in finding dead bases while searching for bases to attack. That didn’t go over too well here, lol.

There was a thread just 1-2 weeks ago where people were observing that there was a "Contact Us" link within the game on accounts where they recently spent money, but the link was absent on accounts that haven't spent money in a while.

It's a perfectly legit support strategy. One of the departments I manage at our small business is tech support. I would gladly welcome a system where only our best customers of our most expensive products got our phone number. Half the time we're getting calls from technology-challenged people who bought one of our cheapest products, haven't even attempted to read the manual, and need their hand held through the entire setup process. Our profit on those cheap products is gone the second we answer the phone.

Havent you noticed the big notification in help section regarding support and corona?
    It can take several days for an answere and due to current situation way longer.
    How long it takes for an answere doesnt depent on the money factor.

Maybe your request cant be answered?!

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPC View Post
    There was a thread just 1-2 weeks ago where people were observing that there was a "Contact Us" link within the game on accounts where they recently spent money, but the link was absent on accounts that haven't spent money in a while.

It's a perfectly legit support strategy. One of the departments I manage at our small business is tech support. I would gladly welcome a system where only our best customers of our most expensive products got our phone number. Half the time we're getting calls from technology-challenged people who bought one of our cheapest products, haven't even attempted to read the manual, and need their hand held through the entire setup process. Our profit on those cheap products is gone the second we answer the phone.
    Some years back that was me. Exact same situ. Except i was sales and tech. We shifted to .premium rate number for tech for exact same reason, profit gone on phone.....which also equaled missed sales on the other phone. The worst wss having to adopt a different acccent to answer the tech line just in case it was the same punter i sold the stuff to lol
    Last edited by Uggster; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rurunix View Post
    When I was spending over $25 a month buy gold pass across multiple accounts, customer service was great, receive a reply when I have inquire about <something i dont want to disclose in the forum openly> within a few hours.

But then I stop spending money on this game, and thats where things goes down, as if I'm no longer VIP status or something. I notice this when I try to inquire them about <something i don't want to disclose in the forum openly> and I have never received a message back.

Anyone else experience a shift in customer service?
    What causes so much contact to support to be needed? I'm just curious as it isn't something I need to do.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What causes so much contact to support to be needed? I'm just curious as it isn't something I need to do.
    Lol

me curious 2

i have been playing game since launch and have never even thought of contacting customer support

honestly cant think what they could do for me

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Centennial Club
    Not in Reddit and never will be. #Wearenotredditforumers!
    I personally don't think people who spend money getting better/more accessible support is bad. In any monetary transaction there is the chance of an error, and such errors need to be addressed at once. I guess that the support is isn't as available to people who haven't payed recently because many people will just use it for unimportant issues or complaints that isn't in the scope of support to deal with. Such things would use supports resources as for dealing with actual problems.

I've never needed support - but I might at some point.

I don't have a huge issue with keeping support behind a paywall - or at least level 2 support. My first job out of college was in tech support for a software company, so I understand the desire to keep costs down and keep your support people more focused on the "right" cases, rather than frantically working through a backlog.

But it seems that something is up, especially with some players seeing a difference in their accounts with purchases and their F2P accounts. It would be nice to see an official statement on this, even if this is just a temporary shift due to the pandemic.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images