Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Smoke spell

Smoke spell

Its a dark spell but unlike others it has an effect area of an normal elixir spell. It produces smoke over its effect area, not allowing defenses target or see anything in that area and giving troops a chance to destroy buildings before smoke gets blown away. Level 1 spell should have an effect time of 5 seconds. Spell storage remains 1 per spell as usual.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Anmol104 View Post
    Its a dark spell but unlike others it has an effect area of an normal elixir spell. It produces smoke over its effect area, not allowing defenses target or see anything in that area and giving troops a chance to destroy buildings before smoke gets blown away. Level 1 spell should have an effect time of 5 seconds. Spell storage remains 1 per spell as usual.
    Didnt Vov Vovson make that idea?
    Even if you did think of it yourself, this is basically the freeze
    But A for effort

Quote Originally Posted by Goo27 View Post
    Didnt Vov Vovson make that idea?
    Even if you did think of it yourself, this is basically the freeze
    But A for effort
    Well, i did think it myself and sorry if it is posted earlier but i had no idea about it really. I actually got this idea while using smoke bombs in the last of us game.

Now,coming to the topic, its totally different from a freeze spell. A freeze spell freezes the buildings or heroes, defending troops for a certain time while smoke spell makes the troops in the smoke like invisible, for a certain time of course, leaving long range defenses like eagle artillery and archer towers with no clue of their location. A freeze spell freezes max 2-3 defending units if closely placed while a smoke spell actually has an indirect impact on all the defending units in the village.

If you feel it to be overpowered, make the defenses attack the smoke area randomly so that sometimes the troops do take damage depending on the luck of the attacker (who would be hoping the eagle artillery to at least miss his /her troops&#128556.

Centennial Club
    What you could do is:
    If there is a defense in the smokes radius then it would still attack it
    Anyways it's a good idea, just a bit too similar to freeze

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    So if our troops are within the Smoke can they attack? If so that sounds a little OP if you ask me.

This also sounds similar to the Smoke ability in Boom Beach. There if one uses that ability defenses and troops cannot be fired on nor can attack while within the Smoke' radius.

I don't think this game needs any (more(?)) "crossover" spells/troops at this time.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LapDawg View Post
    So if our troops are within the Smoke can they attack? If so that sounds a little OP if you ask me.

This also sounds similar to the Smoke ability in Boom Beach. There if one uses that ability defenses and troops cannot be fired on nor can attack while within the Smoke' radius.

I don't think this game needs any (more(?)) "crossover" spells/troops at this time.
    If they can shoot inside the smoke then make the duration shorter

Quote Originally Posted by Goo27 View Post
    If they can shoot inside the smoke then make the duration shorter
    Even if you can shoot inside the smoke, this still be a bit op. You basically have a smoke screen covering your troops, almost making them invincible.

Also, what about the inferno towers? THe single infernos need to lock onto a target, and if they just randomly fire, it might be a bit weird.

And as you said above, this is just too similiar to the freeze spell.

What if the smoke screen lowers the accuracy of defenses? Currently defenses never miss. Make the smoke screen lower defense accuracy by 50% or 30%. As a downside you cannot see your own troops in it. So timing in heals, rage, etc. is much trickier.

Nevertheless, Freeze spell will still outweigh the Smoke's purpose, why would you sacrifice 1 housing space for gambling with the defensive buildings, why not just take freeze right away, and freeze the hell out of them?

If you happen to think of Rikimaru(Dota 1)'s, smoke screen, an evasion chance, how would you apply this on a single inferno?
    It's an accumulating single target damage, will it's damage reset everytime the smoke takes effect on it?

If not everything I said above make sense accordingly to the Idea, then its just a bad version of the freeze

Edit: There's only 1 thing I think of as a slight exception.

Even if you freeze the Eagle, once it released its shells, it will still bombard you right? then the Smoke-Screening might have some good use for it, stretching out the purpose of Warden's ability
    Last edited by maximooze007; 4 Weeks Ago at 04:06 AM.

Centennial Club
    Not in Reddit and never will be. #Wearenotredditforumers!
    It's a fun and creative idea, all things told, but it has a major problem. That problem is that it will either always be better than the freeze, or always worse than it; this is because they both work for the same purpose. If it's worse, no one will use it, and if it's better then freeze will become obsolete. I personally don't think any new additions to the game should make any old ones useless.

The only way to avoid this problem is to make it fulfil a different roll from Freeze's, but that would require a new concept for the spell and would be difficult as its natural bent is to slow/blind/hinder defenses.

I would be interesting to have some sort of of spell that decreases the effectiveness of defense. I think the problem would be that many would prefer to have certainty in their attacks, especially at higher levels, so would prefer to just use a heal/freeze/warden ability rather then gambling with a smoke spell.