Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Liking posts

Liking posts

So here's what I'm thinking. If you are not signed in and you can't post threads or reply to threads I think you should be able to like or dislike a thread with out having to be signed in.

If you have any ideas to make this better please tell me.
    FrozenPekkas

I know this is an in-built feature on most forums, but I'm not sure it'll fly with the moderators although it's a good suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by FrozenPekkas View Post
    So here's what I'm thinking. If you are not signed in and you can't post threads or reply to threads I think you should be able to like or dislike a thread with out having to be signed in.

If you have any ideas to make this better please tell me.
    FrozenPekkas
    If you aren't signed in, what prevents you from giving a positive reputation point (that is what our "likes" are) to the same post many times?

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    If you aren't signed in, what prevents you from giving a positive reputation point (that is what our "likes" are) to the same post many times?
    What do mean by giving a positive reputation point?

At the bottom-left of forum posts, next to the report icon, is a little star icon. That allows you to give reputation.

Note that this icon isn’t on every post (e.g. the reputation system is completely turned off on the Hay Day subforum) but it is here in Forum Talk.

That effectively allows you to “like” a post.
    Last edited by WheatLandIII; May 31st, 2020 at 07:42 PM.

I’m just a forum member, here to help. Also known as “WheatLand”.
    I found something shiny in my mystery net on Sunday, 2nd July 2017.
    Level 50 reached: Saturday, 25th January 2020.
    Share your Hay Day farm’s statistics with everyone!

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    FYI,

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...utation-System

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...utation-system

I also activated your Reputation Tab in your Profile by upvoting one of your posts.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    May 31, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 31st, 2020 at 08:06 PM.
    Thank you Supercell Co-Founder Mikko Kodisoja and good luck on your new adventure.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ft-the-Company

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash12344321 View Post
    I know this is an in-built feature on most forums, but I'm not sure it'll fly with the moderators although it's a good suggestion.
    I don't think we would do it if we could, but I'm pretty sure vBulletin doesn't allow it (quite rightly, with the point made by 2222).

I must admit, I haven't seen a forum which does allow it, so I am really surprised you say it is an in-built feature on most forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ... I must admit, I haven't seen a forum which does allow it, so I am really surprised you say it is an in-built feature on most forums.
    Vbulletin does not, but there a couple of other forum applications that do. Agreeably, would not expect these forums to change it's framework just to have upvoting.

Ok it was just an idea because I was in a situation for quite some time where I was just looking at the forums and couldn't say anything about them.

Centennial Club
    OP. I like your post. I just wish I didn’t have to type this out to tell you. You know. I wish there was a button.