Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Number of newspaper ads

Number of newspaper ads

Hello!

on mobile devices the newspaper (Daily Dirt) have a 2x2 ads page (2 columns of 2 items each).
    on tablets, I've seen that newspaper's layout change to 6x6, which is obviously easier to buy as I can see much more ads per page. But I have seen other tablets with same or similar screen size, that still keep 2x2 layout.

I want to buy a new tablet and I want to be sure to play Hay Day and have a "6x6 experience".
    So ... which is the technical requirement to have 6x6 ads on newspaper? Dpi? resolution?

Thank you!

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Sorry I don’t know but I got a 6th generation iPad last yr and it has the layout u want

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    Sorry I donít know but I got a 6th generation iPad last yr and it has the layout u want
    Thank you but I prefer an Android device. If anyone know which are the requirements the tablet should meet, I'll really appreciate it.

My guess is anything with diagonale at least 7 inches could be considered big enough to display the Daily Dirt in 2 rows (one of the first ever small tablet, iPad mini, has 7"9). Phone nowadays are usually up to around 6".

If you have a model in mind, post it here to see if anyone has the same model or search the internet with "hay day" assocaited as keyword. You might find a screenshot taken on that device.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

My second tablet a Lenovo 7 inch has the lower setup after that december 2018? Update. Hated the change ever since.

for Daily Dirt & RSS display ??
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    My guess is anything with diagonale at least 7 inches could be considered big enough to display the Daily Dirt in 2 rows (one of the first ever small tablet, iPad mini, has 7"9). Phone nowadays are usually up to around 6".

If you have a model in mind, post it here to see if anyone has the same model or search the internet with "hay day" assocaited as keyword. You might find a screenshot taken on that device.
    Thank you all. I was thinking on Samsung Galaxy Tab A, model SM-T590. But .... I'm still unsure. It's 8 diagonal inches... But I found another thread where it's the same discussion here:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...UGE-now/page11

it's not so clear it's only a diagonal inch matter. I think it's a combination of resolution, dpi and aspect ratio...
    Last edited by gramenauer13; May 30th, 2020 at 09:39 PM.

People can see 36 ads in the paper at the same time? Wow thats a lot!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A from 2016 model sm-t580 and I can see 12 ads at a time in the paper. (4x3)

Think I got it.

Tablets that doesn't show 2-row RSS or 6+6 items on DD have an "strange" aspect-ratio. I mean, DPI should be set accordingly to tablet resolution. If you have, for example, 1600x900 tablet, and 8'' inch, the DPI should be 160 to keep aspect ratio. Some tablets ignore the correct aspect ratio and then Hay Day show like a mobile. I think SC is checking this from a recent game update.

For the ones affected, you should change your Android DPI size accordingly to your resolution and diagonal size.

Galaxy Tab has a good aspect ratio so I think it's the correct one.
    Last edited by gramenauer13; May 30th, 2020 at 10:00 PM.

Sorry, 6 + 6

Thank you !

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitly View Post
    People can see 36 ads in the paper at the same time? Wow thats a lot!

I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab A from 2016 model sm-t580 and I can see 12 ads at a time in the paper. (4x3)