Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: When do you cast off boat orders without filling any crates?

When do you cast off boat orders without filling any crates?

Level 54 here. I try to clear slots in my machine at about the same time I am ready to cast a filled boat orders. What products do you see in the next boat order that you decide that you will cast it away?

1. Sugar mill products. I find this boat order very disruptive to my other machines. In addition, these items are not readily available in the Daily Dirt.
    2. Dairy. Same reason as #1.
    3. Any jams. Due storage issues, I can't hoard on many products so I find hard to fill jam orders due to long production time.

What about you?

I’m on level 105, and for me, it really depends on what I all have in stock at the moment.

Most times, I keep my machines going and producing anything I need, or just making fast and easy stuff (like bread, pasta noodles, carrot pies, etc.) if I will be playing for a while. That said, I normally have enough product in my barn to complete most crates and flag the rest for help. I rarely purposely make items that are on my next boat order, unless I need to complete the boat (like for a Derby task).

That being said, I never keep boats that ask for dairy products. Ever. I am more relaxed on boats that ask for sugar because I usually have more of it in my barn. I also normally send away boats asking for anything with lobster tails in it. I mainly focus on duck feathers in my fishing area, and not the lobsters so much. And the products I do make with lobster tails, I usually save to help friends and neighbors, or use for truck and town orders.

To sum up, I send away boats that ask for dairy items, items using lobster tails, and boats that ask for items I only have a few of.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JLSuperfly View Post
    Level 54 here. I try to clear slots in my machine at about the same time I am ready to cast a filled boat orders. What products do you see in the next boat order that you decide that you will cast it away?

1. Sugar mill products. I find this boat order very disruptive to my other machines. In addition, these items are not readily available in the Daily Dirt.
    2. Dairy. Same reason as #1.
    3. Any jams. Due storage issues, I can't hoard on many products so I find hard to fill jam orders due to long production time.

What about you?
    Lvl 203 here, and I'm exactly the same as what you’ve wrote here. What this really speaks to is the imbalance of this game, as dairy and sugar are weighed very heavily.

Level 88 here. Once I got a boat that needed bell peppers, veggie platter and bell pepper soup all 3 needed bell peppers. I would have attempted, but bell peppers can be hard to find in the newspaper, so I casted off.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by pharvey11 View Post
    Level 88 here. Once I got a boat that needed bell peppers, veggie platter and bell pepper soup all 3 needed bell peppers. I would have attempted, but bell peppers can be hard to find in the newspaper, so I casted off.

Level 92, and I would have loved that boat, I always have 50+ peppers in the silo, 15+ veggie platters at the salad bar (over and above the 10 of everything that I keep in the barn), and the soup would probably be within the 10-count I keep, so that boat would have been fun to fill

I wish I could have given it to you! 😀😀! I remember getting one boat for 60+ popcorn, sent it off no problem and the very next boat...60+ more popcorn. That was a truly bad boat LOL

Quote Originally Posted by heartgal View Post
    Level 92, and I would have loved that boat, I always have 50+ peppers in the silo, 15+ veggie platters at the salad bar (over and above the 10 of everything that I keep in the barn), and the soup would probably be within the 10-count I keep, so that boat would have been fun to fill

I am lev95 got to be honest i only tend to do puzzle boats and xp boats otherwise i send them away empty
    just expressing a opinion no offence intended my english writing skills is rubbish so i aplogies in advance please everyone accept my comnents at face value yup i can be a bit thick but i try my best so please be understanding

Quote Originally Posted by JaydensWienerDogs View Post
    I mainly focus on duck feathers in my fishing area, and not the lobsters so much.
    Why feathers? I am level 55 now and I only see feathers used in pillows.

Almost Always

Boat orders, as well as truck orders, reward you with diminished coins in exchange for increased experience points. As long-time players know, this is a terrible trade off. You should attempt to remain at your current level for as long as possible. This gives you much more time to gather coins, diamonds, vouchers, and tools before having to level up. Only under special boat or truck events does it make sense to fill boats or trucks. This approach is especially important to players at lower experience levels and diminishes as players surpass level 100.

I almost never do boats. Unless my barn is full and the boat wants things that I don't need, I cast it off.

I did boats when I wanted the boat achievements, and I still do them if there's an event or a derby task, but mostly, I cast them off.

When there were scrolls or puzzle pieces as extra gifts, I would do boats. No scroll events any more, and I don't need puzzle pieces. I don't particularly care for boosters. More trouble than they're worth.
    Level 211