Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: TH13 level Army Camps?!?!?!?!?!

Like I said, with same effort you get a better reward. It can be loot, which help those who arenít max players. It can be a little more happiness for doing more % or even increase 3 star rate. So, it makes easier. It felts easier. Increasing the 3 star rate is making one of the main tasks easier. Are you denying all this? Iím not ignoring the balance of war, CWL or Legends, but the main tasks gets easier, so the general perception of the game. Not saying that war, CWL or legends gets easier. But we perceive It as easier.
    You know what else will change by increasing 3 star rate? 1 and 0 star rate will probably decrease.

Sorry for my english

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1986 View Post
    Like I said, with same effort you get a better reward.

If by reward you mean more fun, yes, I agree. I agree it is more fun to have stronger offense. Some do not agree.

It can be loot, which help those who aren’t max players. It can be a little more happiness for doing more % or even increase 3 star rate.

For max th13 balance, loot is not an issue. Again, though, you are correct that in my opinion a higher 3 star rate equals more happiness, as long as it doesn't go too far. Everyone has their own point of where "too far" is, though.

So, it makes easier. It felts easier. Increasing the 3 star rate is making one of the main tasks easier. Are you denying all this?

It makes it easier to have fun. I agree with that. I disagree with the summary of saying it makes the "game" easier, for the reasons I mentioned previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Terminator1986;1257848[/FONT
    I’m not ignoring the balance of war, CWL or Legends, but the main tasks gets easier, so the general perception of the game. Not saying that war, CWL or legends gets easier. But we perceive It as easier. You know what else will change by increasing 3 star rate? 1 and 0 star rate will probably decrease. Sorry for my english

War, CWL and legends are my only attacks. Making offense stronger won't make it any easier for me to do better in any of those three parts of the game. I wouldn't do any better in legends tomorrow if they added another level to camps, but I think I'd have more fun. It will make it easier for me to have more fun because I find a stronger (stronger than now) offense more fun. Some find a stronger (stronger than now) defense more fun.
    Last edited by 2222; June 1st, 2020 at 02:31 AM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Making offense stronger makes the game easier. Also, it might broke the game for elite players if done without caution. Talking about esports tournaments.
    It's only easier for you if you are the only one that gets additional space. Assuming this is not the case, you will still have to defend against those additional troops. This won't make it easier to win a war, since you have to defend against stronger armies as well as having one yourself. Same goes for legend league. The one area where this might be an advantage is for an active farmer in league below legend, because you will attack much more than you defend.

In short, easier to 3-star != easier to win

Also, let me add that adding a new army camp level does not necessarily mean we HAVE to have 20 more troops. Sure, I think it's more likely they add 5 more troop space to each camp as they have, but they also could say that you could only upgrade, say 2 of the 4 camps. Or, maybe you upgrade all 4 but each camp gives you 2 (or 3) more camp space rather than 5. These are a couple of the ways they could go if SC thinks TH13 offense needs a boost, but are concerned that 20 more troop space will make offense too strong.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

Count me in for extra camp space! Defense is waaaay stronger than offense now, and more bases are getting stronger defenses every day as they continue towards maxing. Ticking the 3:star rate up a little would make the game more enjoyable, IMO.

Would more hero levels throw a proverbial spinner in the army camp upgrade works? Right now we’ve got 5 levels more than TH12 for the BK & AQ. I could see another 5 coming to each of them (not necessarily in the next upgrade). With 4 heroes now I’m not sure we will get +15 for BK and AQ though.
    Started playing Jan 2019
    Convert from DomiNations
    Part of Sheepdogs - woof!
    TH13 - LOJY8UUP9

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Quali View Post
    Would more hero levels throw a proverbial spinner in the army camp upgrade works? Right now we’ve got 5 levels more than TH12 for the BK & AQ. I could see another 5 coming to each of them (not necessarily in the next upgrade). With 4 heroes now I’m not sure we will get +15 for BK and AQ though.
    It would make a difference, certainly. Particularly if it includes another 5 for RC, who only has 20 at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by ShoNuffdamasta View Post
    I'm enjoying these updates but when will Townhall 13 get upgradable army camps? We've been sitting at 280 for a long time.
    I don't think we need more. balance in game at the moment is good

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    After watching the video on reddit of a max th13 being 3 starred with heros, healers and archers and seeing how good attackers expect to 3 star max th13s nowadays i am wondering whether another camp may be a good idea to balance the game.

a hero camp, similar to the engine camp but even better

the hero camp would fit 3 heros and you could bring ALL 3 into battle, unlike the engine camp

before each battle you could select 3 heros for the hero camp and The 4th hero would get a well earned respite and stay at home on gardening duty.
    Last edited by Iftheskyisblue; June 2nd, 2020 at 03:06 AM.

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

What buildings do not yet have an upgrade at TH13.

I know sweepers have been mentioned.

Cannon and archer towers both have a level already at 13, but could get another. But as another poster already mentioned SC has a habit of nerfing these defenses at the same time they provide a new level. In effect, we could end up paying 16 to 18 million each just to stay in the same place (mostly).

We also got only a couple of traps so there could be room for a few more, and yes tornado trap is a possibility.
    Most requested QoL feature is a regional filter in the recruiting tool. If it is so hard to track players by region, why does the top player ranking show both a global and (in my case) a local U.S. tab?

Quote Originally Posted by PapaTroll View Post
    What buildings do not yet have an upgrade at TH13.

I know sweepers have been mentioned.

Cannon and archer towers both have a level already at 13, but could get another. But as another poster already mentioned SC has a habit of nerfing these defenses at the same time they provide a new level. In effect, we could end up paying 16 to 18 million each just to stay in the same place (mostly).

We also got only a couple of traps so there could be room for a few more, and yes tornado trap is a possibility.
    Also no new level for skeleton traps, spring traps, or the tornado trap.
    Most requested QoL feature is a regional filter in the recruiting tool. If it is so hard to track players by region, why does the top player ranking show both a global and (in my case) a local U.S. tab?