Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Visual effects - random object mechanic

Fresh Spawn

Visual effects - random object mechanic

What if you could make the area around the base a jungle theme. Long jungle grass close to base walls and around buildings then gets thicker with different foliage and darker towards the outside of the map. Make the random obstacle mechanic more aggressive and frequent so attackers could use a normal wall breaker with a sneaky ability to use the foliage as cover. Defenders could use a new range of hidden traps also. What about a hero killer. Hidden in the foliage, putt them down in the wrong place and goodbye full health hero even with healers. You could introduce camouflage abilities other than cloak to camouflage all the troops on approach depending on the type of terrain they would be facing. Therefore being able to select the ability before you deploy your first troop. Better Wind and weather effects on grass and trees. Because lets be honest who doesn’t just look at their base to only sit there and collect resources as they pop up and watch where all the villagers go to have a sleep for 8 seconds. So you could add something else to look at as well. Maybe the weather in your current region.
    Weird idea but thought I would throw it out there. I can see how it would be hard to incorporate this with everyone’s base design let alone programming it and the extra processing power needed for such visual mechanics. I will now wait for the brutal comments 😂

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    Quote Originally Posted by Keefy62 View Post
    What if you could make the area around the base a jungle theme. Long jungle grass close to base walls and around buildings then gets thicker with different foliage and darker towards the outside of the map. Make the random obstacle mechanic more aggressive and frequent so attackers could use a normal wall breaker with a sneaky ability to use the foliage as cover. Defenders could use a new range of hidden traps also. What about a hero killer. Hidden in the foliage, putt them down in the wrong place and goodbye full health hero even with healers. You could introduce camouflage abilities other than cloak to camouflage all the troops on approach depending on the type of terrain they would be facing. Therefore being able to select the ability before you deploy your first troop. Better Wind and weather effects on grass and trees. Because lets be honest who doesn’t just look at their base to only sit there and collect resources as they pop up and watch where all the villagers go to have a sleep for 8 seconds. So you could add something else to look at as well. Maybe the weather in your current region.
    Weird idea but thought I would throw it out there. I can see how it would be hard to incorporate this with everyone’s base design let alone programming it and the extra processing power needed for such visual mechanics. I will now wait for the brutal comments ��
    No thanks to anything that affects attacking. We already have traps & teslas hidden until they activate, we don't need more.

As purely visual effects, no problem, although I suspect SC may feel there are more pressing things t o work on.

Fresh Spawn
    That is very true

First off, please use paragraphs, they make reading much easier.

Secondly, wall breakers are already pretty balenced, they don't need "cover."

The hero killer is way too overpowered. What if you did QC hybrid and your queen instantly died to this thing? Or your warden died instantly during a lalo? Big no.

The camouflage thing would also be too broken.