Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Dark Magic Casting

Dark Magic Casting

I don’t really come up with ideas often, but I’m usually the one who shuts down ideas but I believe I have an interesting new barrack related item (others include workshop, spell factory, barracks etc) concept.

Sorry in advance for this extended essay

Minor details:
    -can be donated to cc at th12 for 1 capacity, also remains 1 space through th13 and 14 as well.
    -building cost 12 million elixir to build
    -building unlocks at th14
    -all three levels to the building are for th14

Lv1: unlocks dark meteor (1 space)
    -1 Capacity space (capacity of building)
    -building hp: 880

Lv2: unlocks barbarian piñata (2 spaces)
    -2 capacity (capacity of the building)
    -building hp: 950

Lv3: unlocks siege rage (1 space)
    -2 capacity
    -building hp: 1060

Dark meteor concept:

The witches (compared to wizards for spells) summoned a meteor from the sky causing a set-in-stone 10% damage to buildings (including walls) which means upgrades don’t affect this power. But this cast focuses on opposing cc troops. (Related to poison) but different in a unique way. This inflicts instant damage to enemy cc and instant 10% to building all within a range of 6. Levels 1-2 will be introduced at th14.

Level 1: 900 damage to enemy cc troops
    Cost: 850 DE

Level 2: 1000 damage to enemy cc troops
    Cost: 900 de

Barbarian piñata concept:

Placed anywhere in the base and tempts traps to show themselves, also including spring traps, bombs, big bombs, air traps, and brings up hidden Tesla’s. Works on all traps but the tornado (as removing it may be game-breaking).

*Side notes*:
    -this is not bait, as in things attack it, nor does it have health, it is placed and shown for a few seconds activating all traps but the tornado in it radius.
    -defenses aren’t tempted.
    -does not activate giga Tesla/giga inferno.
    -does lure out cc (allowing the second slot for dark meteor to help )

Stats for levels 1-2:

Level 1: activates traps in a range of 5.5
    Cost: 700 de

Level 2: activates trap in a range of 6
    Cost: 800 de

Siege rage concept:

Ever noticed the siege machine is not compatible with rage or haste? Well that’s where this dark cast assists. Having the sieges faster and stronger help it keep up with your raged army in a situation with a wall wrecker or stone slammer for example.

Other info:
    -only affects siege, not anything else nor the troops inside.
    -range of 7
    -does not affect siege barrack.

Stats for levels 1-3:

Level 1: 120% damage increase for siege+ 12 speed increase
    Cost: 600 de

Level 2: 130% damage increase for siege+ 15 speed increase

Level 3: 140% damage increase for siege+ 18 speed increase

Why should these be added?

Meteor:
    -help defeat enemy cc with a blast rather than the poison which slows and may be more versatile but this also helps with building and walls to a minimum.
    -allows wiggle room in spell slots for players who could use the earth quake that has to be used to activate the th early by using this instead to activate it.

Barb Piñata:
    -bases are getting harder to attack as they have much more unpredictable traps laying around. A reasonable amount is great but it is getting difficult to perform a reliable strategy with so much going on.
    -encourage the spread of traps which may change the meta and keep players motivated with other ways to play. (Not factual but in assumption)

Siege rage:
    -helps keep the siege tanking in front of its raged fellows.
    -doesn’t keep the siege from slacking behind the main course army.
    -helps the wrecker get through a storage faster.
    -the slammer will now 1 shot a few more building rather than the long wait on another shot.

Your thoughts? Tips are helpful to improve and build upon this concept.
    Last edited by MiniDeathclaw; May 29th, 2020 at 02:29 AM.

I think this is a great idea! I have one question,the barn plants does spawn barbs or does it just spring traps without barbs?

3.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #3
    Quote Originally Posted by MiniDeathclaw View Post
    I don’t really come up with ideas often, but I’m usually the one who shuts down ideas but I believe I have an interesting new barrack related item (others include workshop, spell factory, barracks etc) concept.

Sorry in advance for this extended essay

Minor details:
    -can be donated to cc at th12 for 1 capacity, also remains 1 space through th13 and 14 as well.
    -building cost 12 million elixir to build
    -building unlocks at th14
    -all three levels to the building are for th14

Lv1: unlocks dark meteor (1 space)
    -1 Capacity space (capacity of building)
    -building hp: 880

Lv2: unlocks barbarian piñata (2 spaces)
    -2 capacity (capacity of the building)
    -building hp: 950

Lv3: unlocks siege rage (1 space)
    -2 capacity
    -building hp: 1060

Dark meteor concept:

The witches (compared to wizards for spells) summoned a meteor from the sky causing a set-in-stone 10% damage to buildings (including walls) which means upgrades don’t affect this power. But this cast focuses on opposing cc troops. (Related to poison) but different in a unique way. This inflicts instant damage to enemy cc and instant 10% to building all within a range of 6. Levels 1-2 will be introduced at th14.

Level 1: 900 damage to enemy cc troops
    Cost: 850 DE

Level 2: 1000 damage to enemy cc troops
    Cost: 900 de

Barbarian piñata concept:

Placed anywhere in the base and tempts traps to show themselves, also including spring traps, bombs, big bombs, air traps, and brings up hidden Tesla’s. Works on all traps but the tornado (as removing it may be game-breaking).

*Side notes*:
    -this is not bait, as in things attack it, nor does it have health, it is placed and shown for a few seconds activating all traps but the tornado in it radius.
    -defenses aren’t tempted.
    -does not activate giga Tesla/giga inferno.
    -does lure out cc (allowing the second slot for dark meteor to help )

Stats for levels 1-2:

Level 1: activates traps in a range of 5.5

Level 2: activates trap in a range of 6

Siege rage concept:

Ever noticed the siege machine is not compatible with rage or haste? Well that’s where this dark cast assists. Having the sieges faster and stronger help it keep up with your raged army in a situation with a wall wrecker or stone slammer for example.

Other info:
    -only affects siege, not anything else nor the troops inside.
    -range of 7
    -does not affect siege barrack.

Stats for levels 1-3:

Level 1: 120% damage increase for siege+ 12 speed increase
    Cost: 600 de

Level 2: 130% damage increase for siege+ 15 speed increase

Level 3: 140% damage increase for siege+ 18 speed increase

Why should these be added?

Meteor:
    -help defeat enemy cc with a blast rather than the poison which slows and may be more versatile but this also helps with building and walls to a minimum.
    -allows wiggle room in spell slots for players who could use the earth quake that has to be used to activate the th early by using this instead to activate it.

Barb Piñata:
    -bases are getting harder to attack as they have much more unpredictable traps laying around. A reasonable amount is great but it is getting difficult to perform a reliable strategy with so much going on.
    -encourage the spread of traps which may change the meta and keep players motivated with other ways to play. (Not factual but in assumption)

Siege rage:
    -helps keep the siege tanking in front of its raged fellows.
    -doesn’t keep the siege from slacking behind the main course army.
    -helps the wrecker get through a storage faster.
    -the slammer will now 1 shot a few more building rather than the long wait on another shot.

Your thoughts? Tips are helpful to improve and build upon this concept.
    Interesting additional spells, but no need for a new building for them. They should just be new spells. Number of slots to be determined.

Ill speak for my current state on the game. (TH11)

Among all the things you suggested, the best thing I would want is the dark meteor (its a spell right?), I wanted something that can damage both the CC and buildings around its drop location.

I would disagree though on trap activator, sometimes 1 trap stops a possible 3 star, and disagree with the siege, I'm an average player but Ill tell you, if I'm able to rage my stone slammer? 9 out of my 10 attacks will be 3 star, every time.

So I vote for the meteor (damage all) spell. But I cannot comment anything about it's attributes/properties/slots etc.. , laying down the math for the game is something I wouldn't even think of diving into.

Again this is subjective to my current experience in TH11.
    Last edited by maximooze007; May 29th, 2020 at 08:57 AM.

Pro Member
    We already have lightning spell which has the ablity to kill cc troops and also inflict damage on building. Your dark meteor spell is just buffed version of lightning spell.so instead of a new spell we can buff lightning.
    Then coming to trap activator I don't think that will be a good idea then players will use it to deactivate bombs and spring traps then hybrid will become overpowering.
    Then when it comes to seige rage How will it affect seige barracks.
    Last edited by Ullaspn; May 29th, 2020 at 09:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ullaspn View Post
    We already have lightning spell which has the ablity to kill cc troops and also inflict damage on building. Your dark meteor spell is just buffed version of lightning spell.so instead of a new spell we can buff lightning.
    Then coming to trap activator I don't think that will be a good idea then players will use it to deactivate bombs and spring traps then hybrid will become overpowering.
    Then when it comes to seige rage How will it affect seige barracks.
    We are getting many traps to keep track of and maybe additional traps for the upcoming town hall. Bases are really large and I think this will help the metas a little bit.

I mentioned siege rage does not affect the siege barrack, maybe helping other sieges that may changes the meta away from bowler yeti smash.

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    Ill speak for my current state on the game. (TH11)

Among all the things you suggested, the best thing I would want is the dark meteor (its a spell right?), I wanted something that can damage both the CC and buildings around its drop location.

I would disagree though on trap activator, sometimes 1 trap stops a possible 3 star, and disagree with the siege, I'm an average player but Ill tell you, if I'm able to rage my stone slammer? 9 out of my 10 attacks will be 3 star, every time.

So I vote for the meteor (damage all) spell. But I cannot comment anything about it's attributes/properties/slots etc.. , laying down the math for the game is something I wouldn't even think of diving into.

Again this is subjective to my current experience in TH11.
    You aren’t going to be able to use siege rage until th12, which will not be over powered (th12 inside cc). Th11 would be 3-star almost every time. But with new town halls allow new defense cc levels. Basically the same thing about unlocking the ability to take sieges at th10 which we all though would be op but it’s not 100% op, powerful, yes but now we have stronger defense than before soy his could potentially help out the th12s a bit.

If I'm looking at if from a spell perspective (cuz I'm just assuming that's what is is), your first idea would probably make the most sense. The dark meteor would be like a better lightning spell, and can probably strike the same building more consistently than the lightning. If they add this though, I think they should take out the lightning spell, as having two similar spells would be weird.

For the revealing traps, its gonna be a big no from me. Traps can make or break an attack, and knowing where things like seeking air mines and spring traps are would be to overpowered.

Same thing for the siege machine rage. Imagine raging a slammer, that thing would fly around at least a third of the base and melt everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    If I'm looking at if from a spell perspective (cuz I'm just assuming that's what is is), your first idea would probably make the most sense. The dark meteor would be like a better lightning spell, and can probably strike the same building more consistently than the lightning. If they add this though, I think they should take out the lightning spell, as having two similar spells would be weird.

For the revealing traps, its gonna be a big no from me. Traps can make or break an attack, and knowing where things like seeking air mines and spring traps are would be to overpowered.

Same thing for the siege machine rage. Imagine raging a slammer, that thing would fly around at least a third of the base and melt everything.
    Consistent, perhaps a smaller range? Less spread could be consequential as well.

Siege rage is temporary and could be adjusted to be balanced. Not overpowered. 180% damage on a normal rage for troops could be once’s though overpowered but 120%-140% is minimal and the speed gain is nothing like rage or haste, it is much scaled down and mainly to help sieges to stay with your army that is under the influence of haste which could potentially make troops that were vulnerable surpass the tank (usually a siege) and ruin the attack. As no spells affect the siege.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Interesting additional spells, but no need for a new building for them. They should just be new spells. Number of slots to be determined.
    No, I made it as a new category so they could not be donated to th11 and below which would be overpowered in my eyes at least. This new category disabled lower players to get ahold of such powerful castes like these.