Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Losing interesting in the game, anyone else ? Longterm C1 CWL player

Losing interesting in the game, anyone else ? Longterm C1 CWL player

Hi all.

First let me just start with saying that I'm a co-leader of the top CWL clan in our country. We have two CWL teams, one in C1 and another in C3.

I play on 3 almost maxed TH13s, but lately I have started to lose interest in the game, together with two of my co-leaders/leaders. Between three of us, it was not unusual to have 10 of the 15 accounts in the CWL. We have gone through good and bad times with Clash over the past few years, but it hasn't been until very recently where interest from all of us has dropped significantly.

The point of this introduction was to explain where I am coming from and our experience level with the game.

I believe a reason for losing interest in the game is a combination of a number of things, the main few I can think of right now:

1) Favoring of complicated vs simple attacks.
    Getting 3* with simple attack strategies is getting extremely difficult. I attack mostly with Yeti-Witch "spam" attack, and 3* rate is below what I consider an enjoyable experience. I am still able to 3* bases in CWL and wars, however its becoming way too cumbersome.
    On the other hand, it seems like that players heavily invested into hybrid attack strategy (Hogs&Miners) have little to no difficulties 3* most of the bases in wars.

While I think its good that skill/skilled players are rewarded by getting 3*, I dont think that skill with simple strategies is being rewarded even remotely equally.

2) Lack of interesting attack strategies. I have been bored to death of queen walks, hogs, dragons, edragons, yetis, witches etc. Last time I have really enjoyed an attack strategy was probably during Halloween with the Royal Ghost special troop. Before that, it was probably a year ago when TH12 was still max that Edragons were pretty decent.

3) New super troops have done nothing to increase the promised variety of the attacks. I think the decision to make them only available for a period of time takes away from people being able to learn and use them. From what I have seen from my clan mates, the only useful super troop that anyone uses is Super WB. There are few situations where Super Goblins can be used to snipe the TH but that's pretty much it.
    I think removing the cool down on super troops would be a net positive change. It didn't bring the desired variety to the game, people are just waiting to get the good troop every 2 weeks and ignore the other super troops.

4) Oldie but goodie: Central town hall ring bases are not fun to attack against without an army that is good against them. As cool as it is to get 1* on defenses, playing against such bases just feels like torture every time I see one. Yes there are attacks that work nicely against them, but that's besides the point. I am talking mostly about the fun aspect when meeting such bases with armies that dont do well against them. Not that fun.

To not only complain, I think legend league changes have been great, and being able to get my attacks in any time I want is probably the only reason I was able to keep playing even in times when I didn't feel like it.

Maybe I have just outgrown the game and it's time park my accounts and say goodbye to the clan mates. Has anyone else observed this or do you guys think the game play and attacking has improved over the past 1 year.

Thank you for reading, I hope to read some other opinions on this topic.

I hear where you are coming from. Ironic that we were just discussing this in clan chat. Most of our current 46 players are all bored with the game. About 1/3 of us live in Legends with another 5 right now doing the defense achievement. The whole clan agrees that unless we are running CG or CWL there is just not much to do. Most of us are full of loot all the time waiting for builders(not saying this is bad at all) so other than the 8 per day Legends attacks it is getting stale.

These are not complaints just observations. There hopefully will be in the not too distant future something added to the game to give us a little more to do. At least when we had Global it was something fun to sit and watch the idiots insulting each other
    Last edited by carmour987; 4 Weeks Ago at 06:53 PM.

It's not just you op. My clan is discussing mass retirement for everyone. The few remaining people that want to play have been finding new homes. The sad part is many of these long term players want to play more but the game is no longer enjoyable for a multitude of reasons.

I think sc could very quickly generate renewed interest by removing wait times and allowing any super troop to be cooked to add a lot of variety to army comps. Another massive pain is wanting to try different super troops in cc but good luck finding clan mates to donate. I even go to request and leave clans and it can take hours.

It was implemented with a dump for de. It really didn't need to be. Agreed, there has yet to be anything spectacular except easier wb and occasionally a gob snipe. How about actually making them super if they are in such short supply. As they are now there's no need to have them behind the de/time wall. Wasting an opportunity to add creativity to the game is shameful.

I'm on my last leg just wishing something would come along to bring energy back for me and my clan mates. Make no mistake I long to play the game if sc would just make more and better content. What are they doing with the billions they make? How about hiring more team and keeping the product exciting. Give us a reason to buy that season pass. Shameful.

Forum Veteran
    I’ve been playing since 2012 and must admit it feels like coc has lost some of the magic that used to keep me coming back for more.

It’s difficult to pick any one thing that has got me feeling this way but certainly there are a few things that have contributed.

1) I understand the reasons why they got rid of it but must admit I miss the entertainment that went with global. Over the years I met some really good people on global who ended up joining clans I was in. Yes there was the bad side of global but I found more good than bad over the years.

2) I agree with the OP on the lack of interesting attack strategies. I don’t even look at my defence replays much anymore as I know they will be pretty much variations on the same 2-3 attack strategies - queen walk, electro drag, bowler yeti smash.

3) As an air attacker it feels like this side of the game is neglected by SC compared to ground attacks. There is only one real air attack meta out there which is the electro drag based attack and even this looks to be significantly weaker when compared to ground attack metas. I must admit I thought it was very telling that when SC launched the new super troops that all 4 of them favoured ground attackers.
    IGN: Rowcoy | Clan: Lost Phoenix | TH12 | Level: 226
    GG: 2 Bil | EE: 2 Bil | HH: 32 mil+ | SV: 6157
    Top global ranking: 93 | Top UK ranking: 1

Quote Originally Posted by ClashingOutOfControl View Post
    1) Favoring of complicated vs simple attacks.
    While I think its good that skill/skilled players are rewarded by getting 3*, I dont think that skill with simple strategies is being rewarded even remotely equally.
    Rightfully so in my opinion. I don't think any simple strategies is equal to having skill, unless the base the player is attacking match with the simple strategy he choose to use, otherwise it doesn't require much skill to use a simple spam strategy, and I think that's where it separates skillful players from less skilled ones.

2) Lack of interesting attack strategies. I have been bored to death of queen walks, hogs, dragons, edragons, yetis, witches etc. Last time I have really enjoyed an attack strategy was probably during Halloween with the Royal Ghost special troop. Before that, it was probably a year ago when TH12 was still max that Edragons were pretty decent.
    You are stating quite a number of strategies in TH13, yet you are bored to death with it.
    Then you recall enjoyable time, but you are only stating 1 specific strategy in 2 different times.
    So it is lack of what you think are interesting strategy. So how do you define a strategy is "interesting"?
    The point is there much more viable strategies at TH13, but each player have a different view of what's interesting. To me personally I will take TH13 strategies over what we had in TH12.

3) New super troops have done nothing to increase the promised variety of the attacks. I think the decision to make them only available for a period of time takes away from people being able to learn and use them.
    I think that's been limited due to balancing issue if the Super Troops are allowed all the time, it would't be so "super" then. And I that's one of the reasons why Season Troop like Royal Ghost you mentioned in point #2 is so good and interesting, but if it was regular troops it wouldn't be as strong as he was.

Additionally, actually if you are having multiple accounts you can plan which Super Troops to have during CWL time.
    You said your clan find Super WBs good, then most of your account should activate Super WBs during CWL, then Super Troop that can be donated (like Super Giant, Sneaky Goblin) activated by just one account, that allows you to use Super Troops to your advantage.

4) Oldie but goodie: Central town hall ring bases are not fun to attack against without an army that is good against them.
    Thank you for reading, I hope to read some other opinions on this topic.
    Agreed. And it can be a pain I assume for Legend Players since you don't know what base you are going to attack. It is pretty easy however for war players since you could view the base design you are going to attack.

I just took a break from clan wars for a little while, really getting bored with the game too. I am maxed and just do not get any joy out of winning wars or attacking anymore when I pretty much get nothing out of it, kinda feels like work. No desire to learn new attacks, plan out attacks, etc... just kinda want to get them over with. No more walls to build, so I am stuck. Clan Games are pointless now, used to really love doing it, now it again feels like work when I can use NONE of the prizes.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Take a break. It really helps.

I came back to the game in mar 2020 after a few months break, did ~ 240 attacks in that season, similar # of attacks in the April season, ~130 in may, and now trying to hold on till the june CWL.

Though I understand the absence; removal of the global chat was for great intention but it still doesnít feel right without it. Iím now completely max as well and am clueless on the next steps to take. So I hang in the forums as it kind of feels like a global chat In some parts like the off-topic or forum games section.

I have got my first account in 2013 and play to this day (with minor breaks in between). Things are getting seemingly boring as the recent additions helped ground attackers and I was never a fan since th8 and th10 of ground attacks. The recent additions were things like the super troops- no benefit to me.

But to be real, Iím not losing much interest but itís building up but I think the new troop mentioned in the meeting kept my hopes up for the game to continue. please hurry this new troop supercell lol.
    (Not talking to supercell directly so donít point me out on that, stating in general)

I'm going to assume by C1, you mean Crystal 1 because a lot of the scenarios you describe would be hard to come by in Champions 1/2. Ring bases enjoy the highest 3 star rates up at that skill level. They are actually really easy to 3 star once you figure out the general attack methodologies for every single current meta army composition.

I think you have hit a big wall in your skill level and need to move on. To be honest, Crystal 1 does not offer the competitive TH13 clashing experience at the top level of the game. Sounds like you are playing with a very small and long time group of clashers so that might be the reason why you are starting to lose interest because you are not really going anywhere and improving.

I think the 3 star rate is at a good place right now but I come from champions league clans where 3 stars on max TH13 bases are quite common and to be expected. I don't believe the 3 star hit rate with any sort of attack, simple or complicated, should ever be high enough that even your 4 year old can mash a bunch of buttons and still wind up with a 3 star on a max TH13. That was the problem with royal ghosts, they were so powerful and enjoyable because people that could never 3 star before were suddenly 3 starring left and right. I don't think the game will be as enjoyable when wars come down to who is luckier with the spam and comes up with the perfect war.

To end, I believe the game meta is always constantly changing and shifting as well as defense and offense constantly swapping upper hands. But I believe both simple and complicated attacks are still very viable right now. Yeti spam/yeti bats are still strong right now and capable of leveling any base out there. It is always funny to see the staunchest anti 3 bases advertised and bought from base builders to be very simply 3 starred through yeti spam.

Forum Elder
    What's the big deal?

Enthusiasm for everything waxes and wanes over time, it's perfectly natural. No need to pick fault with the game tho'.