Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: QOL Plead

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    That used to bother me too until I maxed my heroes. Having been in OBS Legend all this time, it never really mattered for gameplay. I dropped out of Legend recently and grew so accustomed to having my heroes always defending that I continue to let them defend even if I have to wait for them to wake up now to do a raid. It would be a good QOL change for those that need it.

It's really hard to just throw yourself in discussion when it comes to the competitive scenes or at least the legends ladder, it seems like everyone who responded is or has been at legends league, so let me share my thoughts with this.

First I don't agree, I'm just an average player at TH11 and reached my maximum potential at Titan 1, this is the very best I can do ( I dont know if I can reach the legends even if become Th12), so I can say I'm still part of the majority (), I don't see any problem if I left my heroes on-sleep or what so ever, everyone would agree that there are occasional times that when your'e about to do an attack war/raid, you come to forgot that there's no Queen! a hero is missing!

My point is, always pay attention to your heroes, in this case I would agree with JhonnyPC when we were having discussion about too much automation in the game, Supercell wants you to be actively connected to the game especially league ladder, always pay attention before and after you upgrade your heroes, its your responsibility as their commanding chief.

Now somehow contradicting, I may agree to this, there seems to be a "special"-ish thing in the legends ladder than the leagues below it, something more than the 8 attacks or whatever is there. This thread and the thread regarding a secondary attack of heroes seems a good thing to apply or maybe considered ONLY in league legends and many more but I would disagree on both if applied to everything.

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    It's really hard to just throw yourself in discussion when it comes to the competitive scenes or at least the legends ladder, it seems like everyone who responded is or has been at legends league, so let me share my thoughts with this.

First I don't agree, I'm just an average player at TH11 and reached my maximum potential at Titan 1, this is the very best I can do ( I dont know if I can reach the legends even if become Th12), so I can say I'm still part of the majority (), I don't see any problem if I left my heroes on-sleep or what so ever, everyone would agree that there are occasional times that when your'e about to do an attack war/raid, you come to forgot that there's no Queen! a hero is missing!

My point is, always pay attention to your heroes, in this case I would agree with JhonnyPC when we were having discussion about too much automation in the game, Supercell wants you to be actively connected to the game especially league ladder, always pay attention before and after you upgrade your heroes, its your responsibility as their commanding chief.

Now somehow contradicting, I may agree to this, there seems to be a "special"-ish thing in the legends ladder than the leagues below it, something more than the 8 attacks or whatever is there. This thread and the thread regarding a secondary attack of heroes seems a good thing to apply or maybe considered ONLY in league legends and many more but I would disagree on both if applied to everything.
    Legends doesnt matter. Heroes are always up even if you just finished an attack. When I was floating between titan and champs to farm, i always kept my cc and heroes in sleep mode. That meant even if i was attacked, i could log in and attack right away. My attack cc troops weren't much use on defense and having heroe available on demand was much more important than defending. Besides, getting leveled gave more shield time. The issue posted by the op is that if you set a hero to upgrade, even if it is set to sleep mode, it wakes up in guard mode. Usually 5 minutes before I logged in ready to attack. Annoying.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #14
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post

This thread doesn't apply to Legends at all.

We are talking here about the fact that many people set the heroes to sleep, rather than defend. They get used to this, so they know that when they come back after being logged off for a while, their heroes are ready for use.

They then upgrade a hero (maybe even using a book/hammer so it is instant), but when they come back after a while, the hero is down because your base got attacked a few minutes ago, so now instead of being ready to attack, you have to wait half an hour for the hero, or spend gems on healing it more quickly - and to make matters worse, you can't even set it back to sleep mode until it wakes up.

This doesn't apply in Legends, because there it is a copy of your base that is attacked, and your offensive heroes are not affected by any attacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    ...They then upgrade a hero (maybe even using a book/hammer so it is instant), but when they come back after a while, the hero is down because your base got attacked a few minutes ago, so now instead of being ready to attack, you have to wait half an hour for the hero, or spend gems on healing it more quickly - and to make matters worse, you can't even set it back to sleep mode until it wakes up.

This doesn't apply in Legends, because there it is a copy of your base that is attacked, and your offensive heroes are not affected by any attacks.
    Ohhhh yeah... got it now, thank you, so what cons would it introduce when we have the ability to toggle the heroes during its upgrade time...?

If that's the case, then YES why not add it

Much as I was shot down for requesting a toggle feature for the warden and seiges on the training menu, I'll add the reply that I was given to this, supercell already added in a confirm screen before you attack so any error in having heroes down before you attack is your own fault

Quote Originally Posted by Itsjusmac View Post
    Much as I was shot down for requesting a toggle feature for the warden and seiges on the training menu, I'll add the reply that I was given to this, supercell already added in a confirm screen before you attack so any error in having heroes down before you attack is your own fault
    That option is for defense. I doubt you're playing a different game if you get this confirmation screen for defenses too

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsjusmac View Post
    This is true.

But the issue is not actually attacking with them down, it is the fact that you log in expecting to be ready to attack, and you then have to wait half an hour or more because the hero is down when you had intended it to be on the sleep setting.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted11 View Post
    Cancel the raid before dropping anything and wake up your heroes first. It will not be a "default rest mode" but it will only remember what the mode is before you upgraded that hero.

And your proposed solution is not valid for everyone.
    Not asking that the default is rest mode, just that the choice is remembered after upgrading. Also, rest mode does not mean you can't use your heroes in an attack, it just means they won't exist during defense and so they will always be available to attack with (provided they had time to heal from their previous attack).

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    This is true.

But the issue is not actually attacking with them down, it is the fact that you log in expecting to be ready to attack, and you then have to wait half an hour or more because the hero is down when you had intended it to be on the sleep setting.
    Thank you Ajax for understanding. I'm not sure how this thread derailed into legends and accidently attacking without heroes. The issue is the waiting. I do check before I attack, and am sad to see that I have to wait another 30 minutes because I forgot to set my recently upgraded hero back to sleep after its last upgrade. Sometimes this repeats itself because I cannot set it right then and there (while it is healing) and forget again.