Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Bring Back Trained Troops/Spells/Sieges to the Queue

Under the spider's web in the dark corner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cookiemonster123123 View Post
    Ok overall let me get this straight. This would be an amazing update, and it's honestly pretty frequently requested (in terms of donations and stuff messing your army up). I'm just saying that I'm pretty sure SC has already seen this type of request a lot, and still haven't done much. Just being realistic.
    The new donation system was suggested 7 years ago now its in the game. There is chance of this coming.

I am Dark Healer's Master.

Thanks TerMinus Prime for the avatar check out his signature shop here.

Forum Superstar
    This is a real and annoying issue. Training troops in the training queue spilling forward into the active army slot. There are so many possible solutions, please solve it.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    This is a real and annoying issue. Training troops in the training queue spilling forward into the active army slot. There are so many possible solutions, please solve it.
    I will say this again, (and I'm considering this now as a spam), I've been having these assumptions many many times over, the issue with it is they made the logic very simple and inefficient or its too old for having more cons than pros, "what is in front will be spitted out", meaning first-in-first-out, I keep on wondering why can't they make it, a simple type based logic, meaning what you have lost/donated will be filled by the same type of what you currently have on the queue, if its not available then resort back to its default logic (housing space + position). I'm having this assumption that they have a very bad spaghetti code lying dormant, untouched under the game.

These assumptions became more prevalent(no sure if I'm using the right adjective here) when I watched the last town hall and Eino stated there's only 1 guy who was brave enough to touch the very complicated logic of the AI, so I had this impression that there must be a lot of bad codes laying everywhere in this game.

Or maybe they just don't give a hell about this (words from a frustrated player)

Out of the context: There's no perfect system, no perfect code, but there are tons of modern conventions and practices that can cover a lot of coding issues nowadays, especially on existing ones like this where the system is running for 10 years.
    Last edited by maximooze007; May 29th, 2020 at 05:29 AM.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    I will say this again, (and I'm considering this now as a spam), I've been having these assumptions many many times over, the issue with it is they made the logic very simple and inefficient or its too old for having more cons than pros, "what is in front will be spitted out", meaning first-in-first-out, I keep on wondering why can't they make it, a simple type based logic, meaning what you have lost/donated will be filled by the same type of what you currently have on the queue, if its not available then resort back to its default logic (housing space + position). I'm having this assumption that they have a very bad spaghetti code lying dormant, untouched under the game.

These assumptions became more prevalent(no sure if I'm using the right adjective here) when I watched the last town hall and Eino stated there's only 1 guy who was brave enough to touch the very complicated logic of the AI, so I had this impression that there must be a lot of bad codes laying everywhere in this game.

Or maybe they just don't give a hell about this (words from a frustrated player)

Out of the context: There's no perfect system, no perfect code, but there are tons of modern conventions and practices that can cover a lot of coding issues nowadays, especially on existing ones like this where the system is running for 10 years.
    There is perfect code. It might just be unachievable.

Clash of Clans has an extraordinary imbalance between revenue (huge) and staff (a few dozen?). We wonder what they do with all their money.

Maybe they do this because more staff means more bureaucracy means the death of the spirit of fun that started it all. Their staff is so small, I bet they all know each other. Even working from home maybe.

When they did the major revamp of troop training (an improvement I didn't know I needed, but I like it), I reckon surely, surely, they did it with forward looking professional coding standards, and surely, they can put a catch on queued troops moving into the active army. Make it an optional manual click to move the queued army forward.

Quote Originally Posted by George1971 View Post
    Make it an optional manual click to move the queued army forward.
    Sounds inconvenient, as if you turn it on then you're always required to click it. But the problem of messing up army camps only happen rarely if not frequently.

I think my suggestion of editing a troop back to the queue will work perfectly well. From there you can cancel it and get a refund, or you can merge it to your next army. Again, also removing the useless function of deleting troops.

Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted11 View Post
    It also happens when you cook troops and you cancel them, the elixir is spent, and then it is refunded.
    Left over troops is another factor that messes up the camp.
    If you have leftover troops, just delete them,you had already decided to use them anyway.
    And yes, cooked troops waiting in the queue are refunded, but I donít see their a need to be able to move troops inside your camps, back into the queue.
    I understand your problem... it is especially annoying to cook troops to donate and do a raid while they cook, to find that after your raid is done, someone else has donated and now you are stuck with unwanted troops in your camp.
    Im sure you comment in the chat, saying they are cooking but other clan members donate anyway or just donít see the comment. I just this as clan management issues.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 15 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 - League: Legends (Highest) | Max Tropies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by vansimon View Post
    If you have leftover troops, just delete them,you had already decided to use them anyway.
    And yes, cooked troops waiting in the queue are refunded, but I donít see their a need to be able to move troops inside your camps, back into the queue.
    I understand your problem... it is especially annoying to cook troops to donate and do a raid while they cook, to find that after your raid is done, someone else has donated and now you are stuck with unwanted troops in your camp.
    Im sure you comment in the chat, saying they are cooking but other clan members donate anyway or just donít see the comment. I just this as clan management issues.
    But this issue is more than just what you "don't see there's a need". Because if you can't see, you're not looking enough. Find related threads about donation issues if you may.

And if you can kindly provide a complication with moving back troops to the queue, then be my guest.
    Last edited by Disenchanted11; 4 Weeks Ago at 12:58 AM.

But this issue is more than just what you "don't see there's a need". Because if you can't see, you're not looking enough. Find related threads about donation issues if you may.

And if you can kindly provide a complication with moving back troops to the queue, then be my guest.
    The problem is, for every scenario you find it positive, you can also find a negative. The only one I might like is to block queue troops from going to your main camps. I'll give you an example. Seige machines always come from your queue first. Mostly good except when I donated multiple and end up without the one I needed in my active group because it took from queue, not main. So i end up deleting a machine to have what i need for my next attack.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

So, I go to bed... Cook up two camps worth of Dark Elixir Troops, one sits in the camps, one sits in reserve. Over 15k DE removed from my storage. I could now have next to nothing to take when raided.
    In the morning I cancel the reserve troops (which a can do currently if I choose, being refunded 7500+) and with troops returning to reserve I can do another full return on 7500+ DE.
    So allowing this can help remove resources from the economy. And while it’s only 7.5k DE, or however much you get doing similar with Elixir it still reduces the economy.
    I use to do this when the reserve army started but stopped doing because the number of times I’d forget to clear the back up troops made it overall, poor value but this would make this more viable as you wouldn’t forget as the army in your camps would be not one you would raid with.

Clan:
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 - League: Legends (Highest) | Max Tropies: 5000+

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The problem is, for every scenario you find it positive, you can also find a negative. The only one I might like is to block queue troops from going to your main camps. I'll give you an example. Seige machines always come from your queue first. Mostly good except when I donated multiple and end up without the one I needed in my active group because it took from queue, not main. So i end up deleting a machine to have what i need for my next attack.
    This idea I like.... but as an option easy to turn on and off, default being to always feed in, but a small untick or button to push to block incoming. Great idea and I’m sure easy to add.
    This would resolve the OP issues I think also.

Clan: