Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Major valley issue - sc please reply

Centennial Club

Major valley issue - sc please reply

The valley season is what, 12 days old or thereabouts? In that time, I've played in the valley 9 or 10 of those 12 days on my main account.

I kid you not, I've been counting, on my main account, I have broken down 7 times, twice in the same day. That is practically a breakdown a day.

On my second account, although I haven't counted, it has been at least 5 times, and today, I moved one lousy little dot, and broke down.

By any perspective, SC, is that not unreasonable? I cannot stress how utterly frustrating it is to want to play the valley for 5 minutes here and there and breakdown literally in the first 30 seconds.

Honestly, I love the game, I even support the game from time to time to enhance my enjoyment of it.

But the truck breakdown feature is so irritating it is forcing me to ask why I want to keep playing.

I can go into Boom or Clash, play awhile, and not have a small, unnecessary part of the game stop me from the enjoyment of it.

I cannot be the only player utterly irritated with the truck breakdowns. If I'm wrong, then I guess I just do need to stop playing.

SC please respond. Other helpful perspectives welcome.

I'm sure the breakdowns are random, but I am wondering if there should be some way for SC to determine how many breakdowns have occurred for each player, and if the number is high, perhaps reduce the occurrence. At the start of this season I seemed to have an inordinately high number of breakdowns, but (touch wood) haven't had one for about 3 days now. I have 2 farms, and both are hovering around the same area so they can help each other with breakdowns.

I must agree that I don't enjoy the breakdown aspect of the game.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by nukeman235 View Post
    ...I can go into Boom or Clash, play awhile, and not have a small, unnecessary part of the game stop me from the enjoyment of it.

I cannot be the only player utterly irritated with the truck breakdowns. If I'm wrong, then I guess I just do need to stop playing.

SC please respond. Other helpful perspectives welcome.
    Let me offer a perspective from someone who plays Boom and Clash.

In Boom, we must wait for our troops to finish training. The wait times vary from about 15 to 45 minutes depending on the composition of the army. If the troops survive a battle, they may be used again for the next battle and we have the option to train more troops for a full army. We have the option to speed up the training time by using gems or buying a monthly subscription for instant training.

In Clash, we must new train troops after every battle. We may speed up the training by using potions or gems.

For the above two games, whenever I must wait for troops to finish training, I logout of the games because there's nothing else to do since attacking, upgrading, and attacking is what we do besides chatting and donating troops in Clash.

In contrast, whenever I experienced truck breakdowns, I exited the Valley and play the Derby and the Town. Then I logout of HD and return to the Valley a few hours later.

nukeman235, I'm curious how you deal with the training times while playing Boom and Clash.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    May 26, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 26th, 2020 at 10:25 PM.
    Thank you Supercell Co-Founder Mikko Kodisoja and good luck on your new adventure.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ft-the-Company

In addition to what LynnK say about Clash of Clans

- Troops training time varies from 25 to 40+ minutes depending to the unit you choose. If you count heroes healing it could go up to 1 hour maybe ? All this 3 minutes attack.Thena nother 40 minutes waiting!
    - Buildings takes up to 14 days to upgrade during which it cannot be used.

Truck breaking down doesn't bother me much. My Valley activities are planned, not a 5 minutes playing session. Just like derby where the most important activities is trashing task which I have harder time to tolerate.

So while I understand where you come from, I don't feel the same way because I don't have the same expectations.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Truck breakdown is a cash trap. What do you expect SC should answer? "Thank you!" ?
    It's there for a reason. Pay or wait. Time management.
    Last edited by BULIGO; May 26th, 2020 at 11:23 PM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    Let me offer a perspective from someone who plays Boom and Clash.

In Boom, we must wait for our troops to finish training. The wait times vary from about 15 to 45 minutes depending on the composition of the army. If the troops survive a battle, they may be used again for the next battle and we have the option to train more troops for a full army. We have the option to speed up the training time by using gems or buying a monthly subscription for instant training.

In Clash, we must new train troops after every battle. We may speed up the training by using potions or gems.

For the above two games, whenever I must wait for troops to finish training, I logout of the games because there's nothing else to do since attacking, upgrading, and attacking is what we do besides chatting and donating troops in Clash.

In contrast, whenever I experienced truck breakdowns, I exited the Valley and play the Derby and the Town. Then I logout of HD and return to the Valley a few hours later.

nukeman235, I'm curious how you deal with the training times while playing Boom and Clash.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    May 26, 2020
    Hey, Lynn, thanks for the perspective, and I guess perspective is part why I'm having the issue.

First, to your last question, in Boom, I always have full transports, and almost always use tanks and medics with Capt everspark. I have high gunboat energy, oodles of power dust, and strategically attack bases where I know my troop losses will be low to none, so I can attack multiple times in a row, no wait. I also have 2 Boom accounts I switch between, so Boom does give me quite a bit of play value without waiting for troops to train.

In Clash, I always have two armies trained. I also play on the "dark side" as our clan calls it, ie the builder base. I also always have 5 training potions, and will spend the 25 gems to stay stocked (trader usually has training potions). I only have 1 Clash account, but I again can get good play value without long troop training wait times. I should note I rarely use gems, never buy, but still have amassed 10,000 gems. So spending the 25 gems isnt much of an issue. If I could accumulate 10,000 unbought gems in HD, I guess I'd have less of a problem.

So troop training translated into HD terms is like waiting for an item to be produced (and I'm always producing), or waiting for those last two elusive marker stakes to gain more land and empty my barn.

The above are all, I guess what I consider, inherent in the game. I guess I view the truck breakdowns as non-inherent, due to the random nature of it. You cant plan for it.

You make a good point, HD has lots of facets, break down in the valley, move onto the farm, town , or derby.

I just find the breakdowns exacerbatingly irritating, and that is the issue, albeit mine.

I guess my point is that HD already has so many wait features, the breakdowns just seem downright malicious to me.

So why it would be nice, imho, if SC gave players a break, and removed this one "feature".

Brad
    Last edited by nukeman235; May 27th, 2020 at 01:15 AM.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    In addition to what LynnK say about Clash of Clans

- Troops training time varies from 25 to 40+ minutes depending to the unit you choose. If you count heroes healing it could go up to 1 hour maybe ? All this 3 minutes attack.Thena nother 40 minutes waiting!
    - Buildings takes up to 14 days to upgrade during which it cannot be used.

Truck breaking down doesn't bother me much. My Valley activities are planned, not a 5 minutes playing session. Just like derby where the most important activities is trashing task which I have harder time to tolerate.

So while I understand where you come from, I don't feel the same way because I don't have the same expectations.
    I understand your point. But breaking down 7 times, twice in one day, in 9 or 10 days, imo, is a little much. Or is that the norm for most players?

It is also hard to plan valley activities if you break down after 1 dot, and have to wait 2 hours. You dont wait that long in Clash or Boom, or at least, I dont.

@Buligo, sadly, I know you are right. It just seems there is so much of that though in HD.

Maybe this is just my Waterloo, and everyone else has a different battle.

Still, 7 times 10 days, is a little too much.........whatever the battle.

Brad

By planning my Valley activities, I mean:
    - reduce movements to the strict necessary (mostly for daily quest or go to Sanctuary/Fuel station
    - gather fuel for at least one or two planned trip before moving
    - park at a fuel station xaitign for free fuel offer
    - part at a fish shop/diner for next daily quest
    - save spin for the next day if not needed

Waiting at a fuel station after dropping off animals or at a building is already part of my planned activiites. Truck breaking down is simply another waiting time, regardless what its name and reason. The opposite of truck break down is roadside surprise that people don't complain about.

Now even without truck breaking, I am "forced" to stay where I am simply because of wallet and shop limit. Can't do new orders yet. This is also something I can plan ahead and calculate how many of each type of token I need.

As I see, Valley has to be checked regularly (to trigger animals as well). Just like derby when trashing the board.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by meonhoc View Post
    By planning my Valley activities, I mean:
    - reduce movements to the strict necessary (mostly for daily quest or go to Sanctuary/Fuel station
    - gather fuel for at least one or two planned trip before moving
    - park at a fuel station xaitign for free fuel offer
    - part at a fish shop/diner for next daily quest
    - save spin for the next day if not needed

Waiting at a fuel station after dropping off animals or at a building is already part of my planned activiites. Truck breaking down is simply another waiting time, regardless what its name and reason. The opposite of truck break down is roadside surprise that people don't complain about.

Now even without truck breaking, I am "forced" to stay where I am simply because of wallet and shop limit. Can't do new orders yet. This is also something I can plan ahead and calculate how many of each type of token I need.

As I see, Valley has to be checked regularly (to trigger animals as well). Just like derby when trashing the board.
    Couple comments..

1, Have you broken down 7 times in 10 days? Without any idea if this is normal, I'm left to assume this is egregious.

2. I plan as you do. What is really irritating is you have a plan, the animals are there, you break down, the animals are gone when you come back. This scenario has no equal in Clash. I mean, that would be like planning and starting an attack, but randomly and unexpectedly, your siege machine breaks down, and your giants all go on strike....

3. Waiting to unload animals, amount of fuel, you can plan accordingly. You know what it is, you plan. You cant plan for the breakdowns.

Edit, ps, I could live without the roadside surprise as well. I dont need the prize, but it starts out like breaking down, so I could live without that.
    Last edited by nukeman235; May 27th, 2020 at 01:58 AM.

I have broken down multiple times, I don't keep track of them. But I was expected that and simply ignore. I go do something else.

The animals aren't guaranteed where you are in competition with others to catch them for token. I stay away from other truck for this purpose to lower competition.

I am not saying your situation is a norm, sometimes you are lucky sometimes you are not. Truck break down could as well occur based on time passed and/or node passed. But you can see no one here track their truck movements enough to help predict this.

I turn an unexpected event to expected event, that is how I plan. I might be evil but if I see a broken truck near the animals I plan to catch, I am not sure I won't be unhappy.