Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Freedom isnít free...but should it be?

Freedom isnít free...but should it be?

If l understand this game correctly,it is primarily about designing a base and defending attacks.It is about designing any base you like and being able to make changes at any time for free.For me that is the basic concept of the game and should apply to ALL players at ALL times for FREE.

So why is it that in almost 8 years of existence 100% base design freedom for all players at all times for free is not an option for all players?And we are not talking about a handfull of players.We are talking about a significant percentage of a very large player base.

Why is it that if a player takes up the game on itís offer of collecting seasonal obstacles that they incur a restriction for doing so?What have they done wrong?Why do they have to wait for a free shovel to become available or pay 500 gems to buy one?

Sure,spawning bases can be used at a later stage of the game so that you can maintain base design freedom but are not an option early on and not all players know about them.

The seasonal obstacles themselves are no more than novelties but the fact that they restrict so many players throughout their clash journey and prevent them from having 100% base design freedom at all times for free is something that l find really strange for a build and battle game such as clash.

Anyway...rant over,leave your thoughts if you wish.

#ditchtheshovel!

Signature by Holmes

You can easily design bases in war base layout section.They don't have any obstacles.
    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

From a player that has played since late 2012 and has every single special obstacle (except the 2012 xmas tree which I removed as a noob) - I understand your frustration.

The only problem with your arguement/rant is that you are talking about an obstacle.

The definition from the dictionary is “a thing that blocks one’s way or prevents or hinders progress” which basically means if you really want it, it’s going to get in your way. The price of your freedom is removal.

Luckily enough, we do have the third option of shovelling... I just hope one day SC offer a “bundle of shovels” so we can really get creative lol
    IGN: Mike:1984 #QG9UL8Y9
    CLAN: BDB Warriors #2JRGY0Y
    TH13 / Lv 235 / HIGH SCORE 5987
    Account Established Dec 2012
    Maxed heroes ✔️ Maxed walls ✔️

4.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Allliqueredup View Post
    If l understand this game correctly,it is primarily about designing a base and defending attacks.It is about designing any base you like and being able to make changes at any time for free.For me that is the basic concept of the game and should apply to ALL players at ALL times for FREE.

So why is it that in almost 8 years of existence 100% base design freedom for all players at all times for free is not an option for all players?And we are not talking about a handfull of players.We are talking about a significant percentage of a very large player base.

Why is it that if a player takes up the game on it’s offer of collecting seasonal obstacles that they incur a restriction for doing so?What have they done wrong?Why do they have to wait for a free shovel to become available or pay 500 gems to buy one?

Sure,spawning bases can be used at a later stage of the game so that you can maintain base design freedom but are not an option early on and not all players know about them.

The seasonal obstacles themselves are no more than novelties but the fact that they restrict so many players throughout their clash journey and prevent them from having 100% base design freedom at all times for free is something that l find really strange for a build and battle game such as clash.
    Obstacles have never been a part of base design. You don't place them, they are a random (ish) part of the game.

Until recently, you couldn't move them AT ALL. The shovels have at least no given you the option to move them. And you can get shovels in season pass rewards or Clan Games rewards, or some events, or buy from the trader with gems earned in game. So moving them need not cost anything.

I would suspect that most players simply remove them and go about their clash lives without a second thought. I know I did early on. Be grateful they added shovels.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Standing outside a broken Clan Castle with Gold in my hand
    Most of the shovels I’ve acquired have been awarded in-game for free. My last shovel count was around 30 based on the number of obstacles I’ve specifically uprooted and placed. I have 60 special obstacles total, and only 4 aren’t in completely in the border. You must have been extremely unlucky with their spawn points for them to be an issue.
    Last edited by toofinedog; May 25th, 2020 at 12:22 AM.

Thankfully, I get one of every obstacle on the fringe. No hesitation to clear the others when needed here! I haven't used a shovel yet, but I intend on making a cute little obstacle garden somewhere.

I see shovels as 50 gems always and immediately clear all obstacles as soon as villager available...

Pro Member
    I agree that SC could make moving obstacle same as moving decorations but this concept of things blocking part of the village isnt SC invention but many games has it too for obvious reasons.. so it is what it is, you can to be patient or pay money

edit:
    and tbh, COC is a game that offers HUGE amount of gems even compared to other SC games, not to mention that shovels are giving out free very commonly so just use them wisely
    Last edited by iRvN; May 25th, 2020 at 06:58 AM.

I don't understand your frustration at all. With all obstacles, if you don't like them blocking your base you always have option to remove them FREE (I mean just gold/elixir, no gem cost). So ALL players can build ANY base they want for FREE.