Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: AI

Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Who records their game ? To bring such proof. AI is not completly broken, but it is a bit. We all see the Warden behaviour especially. Switching sides every 2 seconds. Sometimes not attacking closest building when he is alone, but going into defences and attacking something behind them. Or going into range of cannon when he has more range, to attack it. Sometimes not placing himself with the army right, his life aura doesnt keep up with front troops. Or his ability leaves troops outside cause he wasnt following them after all the switching.Aint that really obvious thats "broken AI", or are we playing another game...

Its easier to experience this problems with some armies. If you play yetti armies then probably you have everything in same spot. But with hybrid or ballons its easy to see what people are talking about.
    How often do you find these AI glitches?
    I did say its not perfect.
    Btw there's attack logs where you can watch replays and record it if you want.
    And there's quite a lot of people who record their attacks.
    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

AI canot think logically or strategically; the Chief is the brain behind their actions. If they did not act as intended, the Chief is at fault and is the only one to be blamed!

If the troops could think logically, however, you'd only find yourself in the battlefield and the troops would be resting peacefuly in the Town Hall!
    Last edited by Clash12344321; May 26th, 2020 at 05:50 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #13
    Quote Originally Posted by dpgza View Post
    Who records their game ?
    Anybody who wants others to see evidence of what they are claiming happens.

It isn't too hard nowadays to record a replay to video, then upload that somehwere you can link to here. You don't need to record it as you play, the replay should be exactly the same as when you did the attack in the first place.

To bring such proof. AI is not completly broken, but it is a bit. We all see the Warden behaviour especially. Switching sides every 2 seconds. Sometimes not attacking closest building when he is alone, but going into defences and attacking something behind them. Or going into range of cannon when he has more range, to attack it. Sometimes not placing himself with the army right, his life aura doesnt keep up with front troops. Or his ability leaves troops outside cause he wasnt following them after all the switching.Aint that really obvious thats "broken AI", or are we playing another game...
    Several of those are not broken, some probably could be described that way, but we really would need to see in order to be able to judge.

The ones where he doesn't keep up with the front troops, or there are some outside his aura probably aren't really broken at all. He isn't intended to keep up with the front troops, just with the largest group (in warden weight) of troops.

Its easier to experience this problems with some armies. If you play yetti armies then probably you have everything in same spot. But with hybrid or ballons its easy to see what people are talking about.
    I play mostly hybrid with my two legends accounts, and rarely have problems, apart from the not always keeping up with front troops, but I expect that.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by Clash420420 View Post
    When are you going to fix the garbage ai? Troops hitting Walls just to break up and go hit another wall, Archer queen runs past buildings to shoot something behind them, Troops going around no matter how big of a funnel you make. This game is getting pretty frustrating due to the horrible troop pathing and it only seems to get worse and worse.
    Yes the AI can be frustrating, when an attack doesn't go to plan

no i see no evidence of the AI or troop pathing getting worse

yes i do see AI glitches, but only very rarely, maybe 1/1000 attacks. For example i have had a wall wrecker get stalled on a wall for over a minute, and troops jump backwards and forwards over the same wall

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

Without a replay, we are only about to summon the "PRO" players around the community, telling you that you suck at funneling in every ways possible. I though agree with some frustrations about "AI", especially the Warden's AI, it happened to me once (though never again), he followed the edrag instead of the balloons crying to their demise because of the damage they are soaking.

I really encourage you to post the replay before you lose it or an update (removes the replays) happens, we may find something really really valuable from it, just prepare for the bombardment, the reason for this is when Eino said from the last town hall, there's only 1 guy who was brave enough to touch the AI's code, anything we can get out of it may help the guy which in turn will help us all.
    Last edited by maximooze007; May 26th, 2020 at 09:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maximooze007 View Post
    Without a replay, we are only about to summon the "PRO" players around the community, telling you that you suck at funneling in every ways possible. I though agree with some frustrations about "AI", also about the Warden's AI, it happened to me just once, he followed the edrag instead of the balloons crying to their demise because of the damage they are soaking.
    Without a reply we can only guess, you mean.

Speaking for myself, I am limited in my attacks (far from "PRO"), but if anything I know how to funnel. And if a funnel does not work, I can always determine afterwards why it didn't work. Funneling is simply predictable, and if it fails it has a reason, which is usually my own failure in taking everything in to account.

The only situations I see as less predicable are the heroes, mainly AQ and GW. The AI of those two has room for improvement for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by LordSk View Post
    Without a reply we can only guess, you mean...
    ...The only situations I see as less predicable are the heroes, mainly AQ and GW. The AI of those two has room for improvement for sure.
    I was just being sarcastic to any people who wouldn't think and understand first anything about OP's frustration.

I have 300+ records of my attack since th10, including those failed queen walks, but I see none of them telling me that its an "AI-bug", or maybe it is, I always replay and pause those shots yet I don't find it being a "bug", there are also few times where I painstakingly copied the enemy base where I failed(of course I waited 24 hours), tested it multiple times, it does what it does... so we really need a replay when someone's frustrated on how the AI coding works, otherwise we'll just expect bombardments of "you suck at funneling"-ish
    Last edited by maximooze007; May 26th, 2020 at 09:15 AM.

I don't know whether to call it bad or inconsistent.... Hmm ...definitely inconsistent. This is very strange in itself as the game is about knowing and understanding the troops AI and utilizing it to your advantage.

Centennial Club
    funny how no one ever talks about defense AI which is just about as bad, it is possible to snipe a hero without your warden getting hit, the eagle is commonly known for arbitrarily deciding when to change targets and when to stay locked on to a dead target. general retargeting of any single target defense is just absolutely atrocious. kinda glad scatter short doesnt have the horrible splash mechanic either as rage basically negates those defenses. theyre both bad and thats to help prevent getting super in depth of the theory when attacking. how are you fully sure the troop will get into x position that will help stall out another shot from a cannon as opposed to be half a tile closer? i found ground was always more incosistent, even with EQ helping butter walls theyre still proned to falling for their "rule of 3" and then decide to attack the highest hp wall they can. air doesnt have to worry about that, but everyone has a king and queen so its impossible to fully avoid the ground chaos

Quote Originally Posted by CorValerie View Post
    funny how no one ever talks about defense AI which is just about as bad, it is possible to snipe a hero without your warden getting hit, the eagle is commonly known for arbitrarily deciding when to change targets and when to stay locked on to a dead target
    Whoa, this just happened to me yesterday. So this what happened and I again, I'm not sure if its a bug.

- I dropped enough spells for the queen charge so the eagle activated
    - Eagle targets the queen
    - I dropped the slammer somewhere bottom
    - Dropped the 2 lava hounds
    - Spam dropped the balloons with the warden behind
    - Eagle targeted the balloons!?

Eagle was suppose to target the most toughest(highest HP) first right? or what happened to mine was just normal?
    Last edited by maximooze007; May 27th, 2020 at 01:42 AM.