Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PERMITS or lack of

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by BULIGO View Post
    Scrolls for what? The game area is already x times larger than it once was. You can't farm that land.
    I don’t have enough territory. I really want her to be more.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by catherinewool View Post
    We keep having events giving puzzle pieces 2 next week. Not much use when you completed your animals
    It's been months since we had a boat event with permits
    I have 5 farms and on 2 only have 1 permit in Valley rewards.
    It's a matter of luck which I must not have none
    The need for permits is just sucker bait to keep you playing the game. 5 years from now you will still be wanting to open the same plots. 2 or 3 permits at a time does nothing for plots needing 10+.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    I think they NEED our money. Their revenue was way down, and that was before the economy crashed due to covid.

They do need to make money, and I think they're better at it than a lot of other games. Permits are not necessary to play the game. You can have fun without them...
    I'm not sure why you have the perception that Supercell's revenue was "way down". AFAIK, the game teams don't share publicly the number of active players and revenue because they want their games to be judged on the merits of gameplay and quality.

As long as Team Hay Day continues to develop a fun game, we'll continue to play and some players will support the game with monies.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    May 25, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 26th, 2020 at 02:24 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitly View Post
    We can not buy scrolls right?
    For real money in special weekly deals, yes.

Quote Originally Posted by LynnK2015 View Post
    I'm not sure why you have the perception that Supercell's revenue was "way down". AFAIK, the game teams don't share publicly the number of active players and revenue because they want their games to be judged on the merits of gameplay and quality.
    I meant Supercell in general, not Hay Day in particular. SC is required by law to report its revenue every year. It's a very successful company, and quite profitable even in bad years. But I think Clash of Clans and other games are the real money makers. You can really play Hay Day quite happily without spending a cent. And they have killed games that weren't sufficiently profitable in the past.
    Level 215

Quote Originally Posted by hobbitly View Post
    How does not giving us scrolls gives them money? We can not buy scrolls right? So the less scrolls, the less interested people are in playing.
    You usually can't buy scrolls outright, but you can use diamonds to do better in the derby, to open toolboxes, to get more spins on the wheel of fortune when there's a scroll on it, to shuffle the rewards at the end of the derby, etc.

It's something for high level players to work toward. You reach a point in this game where you don't need coins or vouchers, your machines are all maxxed out, you have all the achievements, your fishing book is filled and you have all the pets and sanctuary animals.

The only reason you need more land is if you want to display more decorations. Strategically speaking, you can play the game without the scroll land expansions. (And many of us did, for years, before they added them.) I don't see why fewer scrolls would make people lose interest in playing.
    Level 215

I don't see why fewer scrolls would make people lose interest in playing.

I posted that, but I want to make clear that that is not my opinion. I read of people being so disappointed in HayDay and wanting to quit cause of things, for example scrolls. Hence my comment.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    I meant Supercell in general, not Hay Day in particular. SC is required by law to report its revenue every year. It's a very successful company, and quite profitable even in bad years. But I think Clash of Clans and other games are the real money makers. You can really play Hay Day quite happily without spending a cent. And they have killed games that weren't sufficiently profitable in the past.
    I'd like to excerpt what Supercell CEO Ilkka Paananen wrote in 2019 and 2020 on its website:

"...A few people have asked me whether as the CEO of the company I feel disappointed that the numbers went down from the previous year (and the year before). Well, sure, of course it would be great if the numbers always grew from the previous year. But, focusing on short-term financial metrics has never been the most important thing for me or for us as a company. Our concern is that if you start to be driven by short-term financials, you may be tempted to release average quality games too early or be overly focused on monetization. Instead, our approach is to focus on building great teams and creating a culture where these teams can focus on building great games. With a bit of luck, we hope that over the course of decades this approach will result in great games that players all over the world love and become part of the rich history of games...

And last but not least, there are of course many new games in the works, all in different stages. Some are quite close to a state where we could imagine trying them in a Beta phase, others are further away. As usual, many of them will be killed before anyone outside Supercell will see them. But, with some luck, you should see a game or two from us in Beta this year. And then it is up to you, if enough players like them, we will release them globally..."

https://supercell.com/en/news/my-tak...d-year/7145/?2

"...First, and most painfully, we beta-launched and killed another game, one that we were very excited about: Rush Wars. The team behind the game killed it because based on the beta, they felt like this was not going to be a game that lots of people would play for years nor would it be remembered forever. The early gameplay was lots of fun, but it just did not carry over to the endgame.

I feel proud of the decision the team made. I cannot even imagine how painful it is to kill your own darling, something that you’ve poured your heart and soul into. That said, this is how we all want Supercell to operate: we should only release games that are of exceptional quality, games that the players love and games that have a shot at being remembered forever. Very importantly, at Supercell these types of decisions are always owned by the team who is behind the game. We feel that it is critical that the people who are responsible for the game also get to decide about its future...
    "
    https://supercell.com/en/news/my-tak...d-decade/7427/
    Last edited by LynnK2015; May 28th, 2020 at 02:02 AM.
    The Cell Structure: How Supercell Turned the Traditional Org-Chart Upside Down
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...3#post11889093

So sick of this scroll nonsense! Between holding onto things need to upgrade buildings and things so we can open up land. Keeps my barn so full and cant upgrade! Hayday for the love of God get rid of them stupid scrolls the game is no fun anymore. We would actually love to have more room to work and decorate.
    Last edited by Cowslips; May 28th, 2020 at 05:41 AM.