Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Avatar size

I was wondering did anyone ever make a suggestion to increase the size of forum avatars? If yes, what was the response from the supercell team, why didn't they do it.

The maximum size of a forum avatar is 80 x 80 which is very small. I am suggesting to increase the size a little bit. Like make 150 x 150 the maximum size of a forum avatar.

I've heard space is the issue, and an increment by 16000 px2 is certainly a large one, which would require a layout change to accommodate its size - something Supercell is reluctant to do.

Additionally, the forum would look clustered with avatars and signatures, which many may not want.

Just realized 150 x 150 might be a little big to fit in but 130 x 130 or 120 x 120 would perfectly fit into the current layout.

Here's an example of a 120 x 120 image. It's not too big.

Definitely not the case with the mobile version.

Here's a 80 x 80.

Apparently, the size of any image you post(on a thread) is increased in the mobile site. Just look at the image I provided above.

I want to know what is the actual reason for not increasing the avatar size.

If you want an official answer, VM a moderator. My reason is a huntch, but theirs probably may not be. Even if it's possible, your request may likely be not be considered, as it would take some work from the top-level administrators' side (assuming moderators do not have the power to fiddle with layout settings).

PS: You might've misunderstood me, 80x80 for avatars is probably the maximum size the current mobile-site layout can hold on the 'header' (beside the poster's username).
    Last edited by Clash12344321; May 25th, 2020 at 09:43 AM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #7
    The forum is operated by VBulletin, and comes as a "package".

There is little opportunity to change the settings within it - "it is what it is".

Hay Day level 187 (main farm) - I have seven others!

Quote Originally Posted by Cowslips View Post
    The forum is operated by VBulletin, and comes as a "package".

There is little opportunity to change the settings within it - "it is what it is".

Actually you can change the avatar size.

https://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=263952

Looks like only the CMs can do this.

Personally I think the current 80x80 size is sufficient and is in proportion with the page layout. May I ask why you would like a larger avatar? (If it's for the purpose of others seeing the detail in it, most devices can simply zoom in on it if they are that interested).

Thank you TerMinus for the Sig!
    A message of hope-http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU

Quote Originally Posted by Tahoe View Post
    Personally I think the current 80x80 size is sufficient and is in proportion with the page layout. May I ask why you would like a larger avatar? (If it's for the purpose of others seeing the detail in it, most devices can simply zoom in on it if they are that interested).
    I love forum avatars. I have so many images that can be used as forum avatars but the maximum size doesn't allow me to do so. 80 x 80 is /very/ small. If I resize a picture to 80 x 80 the quality of the picture decreases heavily.

On the other hand if you do that, a lot of people (including me) can create avatars for the forum thus creating another option in the GFX section.