Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Donation Hut

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #11

Reserve camp

I hate having to train troops for people because that always gets in the way of my strategic army choice and adding things like a pekka or a lava hound doesn’t really work with my attacks. I bought the gold passes for a while and the one gem donate is great but I think that if there was such thing as a “reserve camp” where people can train a maximum of like 40 or so troops for the sole purpose of donating. The troops there are not to be used in attacks. Thought this was a good idea

Welcome to the forums. Before posting, please take some time to review the pinned posts of frequently requested ideas and ruled out ideas. Also, chances are EXTREMELY high that your idea is not unique. Check the forum for existing threads before starting new ones. The following one was literally just a few posts down on the front page when you created yours:

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1-Donation-Hut

Donation Pool (consolidations from different threads)

I was hoping if I can create/edit a fancy image of this barracks/hut, but unfortunately I'm bad at it.
    So I just consolidated all discussions I have seen so far regarding automatic donations. So here it goes:

Basic use-case:

• You can only cook troops from this pool for the donation
    • Gold passers are the only eligible for the filling of the pool, can also be put as additional milestone for the season
    • What you ask is what you get, otherwise no automation will happen(subject to discussion), resorting back to manual waiting of donation, this will also encourage people to frequently use the new request-specification feature

General edge-cases:

• A selective system where the authorities can select who can RECEIVE troops from the pool ("all" or "select member"), this applies to people who doesn't care about what type of troop they get, and doesn't care about the request-specification feature therefore they can be eliminated on the selection
    • A selective system where the authorities can select who can PUT troops on the pool (now this is tricky, I have a bulleted points below regarding having no benefits)
    • New members will have to stay for a certain amount of time to be eligible for its usage (pulling from and putting into) eliminating request-and-leave and trolls.
    • You can lock and open the donation pool to avoid abuse(lets stay on the leader level for now)
    • You cannot use your cooked troops to transfer it to the pool
    • Self donate will not be an issue, its the same as having a sub-account for supporting your main, can be resolved by the selective system
    • Cannot be used for war castles

Resource/Brewing/Amount related use-cases:

• Resource requirements would be 50% more (say a troop requires 100 elixir, cooking that troop in the pool will require 150 elixir, subject to discussion)
    • Non-refundable
    • No experience given (or maybe it has)
    • Does NOT affect donation count (or maybe it can)
    • If requested troop is specified but not available on the pool, resort back to default donation mechanism
    • Limited amount of troops that can be put on the pool, or limited amount of troops that can be cooked by "per member", (subject to discussion)
    • Members will only have a limited amount of troops that can be received "per-day", when it reaches its limit, resort back to default/manual donation system, Gold passers will have more than silver passers, it may balance between the paying to non-paying users
    • Increase the cooking time of troops for the donation pool by 50%
    • No automatic re-filling, no-quick train, this will encourage pro-activity of members, eliminating too much automation
    • Not affected by event resource discounts
    • Pool expiration (subject to discussion), can be specified to a troop, or the entirety of the pool, encourages pro-activity to fill the pool up

1 Gem issue possible resolutions and use-cases:

• Allow gem donations to fill one slot on the donation pool(same as using the gem for direct donating)
    • One of the purpose of 1 gem donation is to instantly fulfill a request without waiting, if the pool is empty, it would be the same as having your barracks empty and have to cook the requested troop(s), therefore gem donations would still be valuable here
    • By increasing the brewing time and the resource requirements, gem donating will still be a big factor for immediate donations

I tried to squeeze everything to solely focus on automatic donation that mostly covers timezone issues, covering
    other aspects might break some or all of those things I put above specifically the gem donation issues, I also don't intend to cover the "separate barracks for donation", although the idea of the donation pool does.

Another problem I can see is how to fit this into a working UI, we can only debate on its functionality, having some sketch or UI idea is another thing to discuss, take note, a lot of things can unfold once an idea is put in the drawing board which I'm really bad at.

Let's give this a go and try to solve as many negative scenarios as possible that this idea may introduce,
    I can't come up with more, and most of the things I put above came from different responses from different posts regarding this.

I will also try my best to resolve any possible discussions and add it on the list.
    Last edited by maximooze007; 5 Days Ago at 08:01 AM. Reason: Edit punctuation and misspellings

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Killer9022 View Post
    I hate having to train troops for people because that always gets in the way of my strategic army choice and adding things like a pekka or a lava hound doesn’t really work with my attacks. I bought the gold passes for a while and the one gem donate is great but I think that if there was such thing as a “reserve camp” where people can train a maximum of like 40 or so troops for the sole purpose of donating. The troops there are not to be used in attacks. Thought this was a good idea

This is a really good idea, and maybe it has hit the Frequently Requested because the devs have picked it up and its in the next update!

If not, an alternative change that achieves the same thing (not getting the wrong troops in your current army), is to auto retrain donated troops at the start of the training queue.

For example, suppose your ready army is all dragons, and you have queued all PEKKAs in the queue. You want to do an all dragon attack, and then an all PEKKA attack.

Some clan mates request dragons, and you donate some. You now have PEKKAs in your dragon army.

This idea is that when you donate the dragon, a dragon is added to the start of the training queue, ahead of all of the PEKKAs. You'll have to wait for it to train, but it will stop PEKKAs spilling forwards.

Maybe just simply design it as three slots for each gold pass, avoiding memory requirements and synchronization issue. When you can request troops, you can also directly pull troops from slot of another clan member.

If the Gold Pass can have this feature, I will buy it even if my two accounts are now maximized. After all, it can solve my two big problems for a long time: 4:00 a.m. I am sleeping, 4:00 p.m. I am working.

I've been also wondering why it doesn't replace the exact type of what you lost/donated from your pre-cooked troops, it has been a first-in-first-out, why not by "type" ... this is where I always assume that the internal code implementation seems not scalable to accommodate these simple changes

Quote Originally Posted by DenTang View Post
    ...you can also directly pull troops from slot..
    Yes, an option to make a manual pulling of troop, if automation will be ruled-out
    Last edited by maximooze007; 5 Days Ago at 08:03 AM.

9.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #19
    Two threads merged with the same comment - pretty much covered in the 'Frequently Requested Ideas' sticky thread which also states:

"Please be aware that posting a ruled out idea will result in your thread being removed altogether and posting an idea already listed in the 'Frequently Requested Ideas' section below will result in your thread being closed with a reference back to this thread."