Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why not the Builder Base?

Centennial Club
    The only thing that I don't like about the BB is the troop and battle machine AI is extremely jacked up and seriously needs improvement!! So many times I've watched my super Pekka's, barbs and the BM walk right by a defensive building and sometimes even the builder hall to go on to the next building, then back-track back to the defense building or builder hall they walked past prior. Its gotten worse being BH9 and its caused numerous loses because of the poor AI on the BB.. anyone else noticing it also??
    Last edited by nighthawk34691; 6 Days Ago at 08:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nighthawk34691 View Post
    The only thing that I don't like about the BB is the troop and battle machine AI is extremely jacked up and seriously needs improvement!! So many times I've watched my super Pekka's, barbs and the BM walk right by a defensive building and sometimes even the builder hall to go on to the next building, then back-track back to the defense building or builder hall they walked past prior. Its gotten worse being BH9 and its caused numerous loses because of the poor AI on the BB.. anyone else noticing it also??
    The ai is the same for both players so how is it causing you to lose and not your opponent? As I said in an earlier post, the ai is exactly the same as on the main hall. Troops use the rule of three to select targets. Good bases at bh9 use this to their defensive advantage. It's easier to do in the more compressed game space. My main annoyance is pekkas and bm chasing guard post troops around and around as a single archer hops from one side of the wall to another while defenses pummel them. I've been countering with a camp of carts to snipe the pesky troops.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Yes. No explanation for it. Do not have that happen in main village. Bad AI is bad AI. If you can't tell what building they are going to bypass from one attack to the next. It doesn't matter to me if it was in my favor or not. It is broke and needs repaired.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.
    Builder base, a village so bad even it's builder wants to leave.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The ai is the same for both players so how is it causing you to lose and not your opponent? As I said in an earlier post, the ai is exactly the same as on the main hall. Troops use the rule of three to select targets. Good bases at bh9 use this to their defensive advantage. It's easier to do in the more compressed game space. My main annoyance is pekkas and bm chasing guard post troops around and around as a single archer hops from one side of the wall to another while defenses pummel them. I've been countering with a camp of carts to snipe the pesky troops.
    The AI issue may not be happening at the same time for both players so of course it may affect one player more than the other, and keep in mind as you make that comment, not every player uses the same troops at the same time for the AI to affect the player more than the other. Yes the AI in the BB is far more worse than the home village my friend!

The AI issue may not be happening at the same time for both players so of course it may affect one player more than the other, and keep in mind as you make that comment, not every player uses the same troops at the same time for the AI to affect the player more than the other. Yes the AI in the BB is far more worse than the home village my friend!
    No it is not. It's just that walls are left open on the BB in order to "exploit" the bad AI. If that was the case in the main village, you would see the same happen. But it would be worth it on the main village.

The ai is the same. Period. Same rules. Same behavior. Different map size. It is just as predictable on both bases. Although both bases can get a wild hair and do something odd. Learn the common bases and how they use the ai against you. Then deploy to counter it.

Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    The ai is the same. Period. Same rules. Same behavior. Different map size. It is just as predictable on both bases. Although both bases can get a wild hair and do something odd. Learn the common bases and how they use the ai against you. Then deploy to counter it.
    I have never seen a base in HV that uses the AI against the attacker like I see every day on BB. Even by going with the rule of three logic, you can see the BM do some crazy stuff like going through an opening in the other side of the base, go past many buildings in the path to the chosen building behind a wall. Never will you see something like that happen to any troop in the HV.

Quote Originally Posted by DoritosSk View Post
    I have never seen a base in HV that uses the AI against the attacker like I see every day on BB. Even by going with the rule of three logic, you can see the BM do some crazy stuff like going through an opening in the other side of the base, go past many buildings in the path to the chosen building behind a wall. Never will you see something like that happen to any troop in the HV.
    That is because of the small base size and different base designs. Not ai. And yes, I have seen a queen or warden do crazy walks. It's just magified in bh. Watch the replays. Target is closest and there is an open path. It does occasionally do something unexplainable but most times you can see why it does. And it is much easier to build a base, or copy one, that exploits the ai in bh.

New Bloke/Chick
    imagine main village without spells... i.e the problem of bb

Centennial Club
    It's way too restrictive. I understand that's the point but still.