Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 91

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why not the Builder Base?

  1. #11
    Forum Guru wotanwaton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    right behind you
    Posts
    14,691
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    In short: why don't you like BB?
    So many reasons but the main reason for me → i feel forced to play it because one day they could be an update which gives bb player an advantange for main village.
    6th builder and its builderhut was a big step in that direction and who knows what ideas the devs will Have in the future.
    Last edited by wotanwaton; 2 Weeks Ago at 02:41 PM.

  2. #12
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,169
    I like the bh and play my mini actively. I dont do much on my max main because there really isnt a point to it. I feel the same on my home village when maxed but at least there I have wars and legends pushing to consider.

    My theory is there are two factors to the dislike.

    1. The timing of the release. Bh came during a very stagnant period for main base. Many were maxed 11s and wanted something to do on main. Bh did nothing to alleviate that. That tainted the bh for many players.

    2. It is very different than main. By design. It doesnt really let you grind. You will lose battles. Base design options are limited due to the wall blocks. It's more punishing to maxers than main. With all that, it requires changing your mindset. Some dont want to.

    Last note, by AI is the same as main. However, it is easier to manipulate with the smaller base sizes. So it's not dumber, it just has fewer options.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

  3. #13
    Forum Veteran LordSk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    everywhere
    Posts
    1,520
    My BH is maxed, simply because I like maxing
    But do I like it? Not really, it is there and I love the gem mine, but for the rest I prefer main base 100%. During clan games it is awesome as I have only 8 raids on my main.

    As for AI the battle machine beats any other hero or troop in stupidity. The troops behave as you would expect, but that BM is impossible.

    Do I hate the BB? Not at all, I would not have maxed a base I hate. Between OTTO gem mine and clan games I am happy it is there, but will never get into it like I did on main village.

  4. #14
    Forum Champion BloodyIrishman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    6,244
    Quote Originally Posted by wotanwaton View Post
    So many reasons but the main reason for me → i feel forced to play it because one day they could be an update which gives bb player an advantange for main village.
    6th builder and its builderhut was a big step in that direction and who knows what ideas the devs will Have in the future.
    I'd agree with this as well.

    I along with others that don't like Builder Base are maxed or close simply because you literally never know where the CoC team will take this game in the future. Prior to the release of O.T.T.O & the Gold Pass I was even less inclined to play it daily and for the longest time I left it completely unbuilt.

    My biggest complaint though stems from ANY development time spent on the Builder Base is time not spent on the Home Village. We know the CoC team is a small team, self admittedly, so if they're working on something for BB that is time they're not spending on HV which is why I and the majority of players* started playing this game.

    *I'd wager all, but that would be statistically improbable.

    Level 18
    - 8,137/18,500 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 218] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

  5. #15
    Millennial Club
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    1,068
    I play it for the Following Reasons:-
    1) To Collect the Gems from the Gem Mine;
    2) To Remove the Obstacles for further Gems;
    3) To easily complete Challenges for Clan Games;
    4) To fill the time before my Main Village Army is ready to Attack.

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    276
    Everyone has a reason, most dislike BB.

    Underlying factor here is one which is GAMEPLAY.

    It's just not fun playing BB, I have same army for a long time, I did upgrade troops but army composition remained the same. I drop them in same sequence, no intelligence or even a thought. I am around 3700 trophies.

    Features can be added but unless gameplay is improved BB will always be a very poor cousin of main base .


    Signature thanks to TerMinus Prime, ask for yours
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...Minus-Prime-TP

  7. #17
    Forum Champion Martvol's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    5,053
    Quote Originally Posted by Piper139 View Post
    <snip>

    My theory is there are two factors to the dislike.

    1. The timing of the release. Bh came during a very stagnant period for main base. Many were maxed 11s and wanted something to do on main. Bh did nothing to alleviate that. That tainted the bh for many players.
    <Snip>.
    BB CAUSED the stagnation. The devs devoted their time to creating BB and lost touch with the main base.
    (End of post directed to Piper)

    The wish list for the main game that they dumped into this hoping to quiet people was astounding.
    1. New game MODE. which this isn't. It is a new game. New buildings, new troops, new land that is loosely based on the main. New game mode would be using existing stuff in a new way. Wars are a game mode. Goblin map is a game mode. BB is not.

    2. Dark mode. It is dark. There are a couple things that legitimately illuminate the area, but it wasn't implemented very well. I am sitting here looking at the game and the crusher, with no obvious reason to be a light source, illuminates it's surroundings.

    3. In game tournament, one on one. Except when you don't drop cash to get there fast and the rush style of advancing does not put equal to equal. Fully maxed player might get that a little, but it can still be manipulated by how much you get to play. It isn't level in that aspect either.

    Other faults1. Their isn't any social "clan" aspect to the BB. Nothing to get people to log on a stay. After it was made that people could log on, attack once, still have a shield so they could log off and keep their loot protected in the MV. Social part of the game took a massive hit.

    2. The pay wall. Three wins and done for the day unless you want to pay. I know It is only speeding up progression, there isn't anything they get by spending then I can get by grinding. That is one thing I appreciate from SS. As soon as I need to spend money to get something someone else gets, I am done with the game. It did milk the whales though. Gotta get those gear ups for the main village.

    3. Then thought that at some point something game changing would come along for the main village that you had to keep this extra chore, otherwise worthless task, done. And then the when you lose and gain absolutely zero for the time you did spend kept slapping the faces of players.

    My honest opinion it was a mistake from start to now, I really hope they don't throw "Good money after bad" and spend anymore time on it.
    Last edited by Martvol; 2 Weeks Ago at 07:18 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by WastingGems View Post
    SC missed the boat with this update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    It was never the dev team's intention to leave the Town Hall side of the base behind.
    Although they did leave it behind.
    Builder base, a village so bad even it's builder wants to leave.

  8. #18
    Forum Veteran Luicetarro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2017
    Posts
    1,553
    Quote Originally Posted by Beast666 View Post
    Everyone has a reason, most dislike BB.
    And as per usual, that's not true.
    But that debate has happened pretty often.

    Just the voices complaining about the flaws of the BB (which it has, no doubt) are louder than the ppl liking/not minding it, since the forum is a really, really small amount of the actual playerbase.

  9. #19
    Forum Champion BloodyIrishman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Ohio, USA
    Posts
    6,244
    Quote Originally Posted by Luicetarro View Post
    And as per usual, that's not true.
    But that debate has happened pretty often.

    Just the voices complaining about the flaws of the BB (which it has, no doubt) are louder than the ppl liking/not minding it, since the forum is a really, really small amount of the actual playerbase.
    To keep the conversation neutral your statement isn't any more backed by data than anyone else's, even Supercell's, because no one has ever done a survey over a statistically large enough player pool to make that statement one of fact than of just opinion.

    Now do I think they should waste the time and energy to undertake such an endeavor no I don't, but I'd also like to see Builder Base sunset and focus entirely on Home Village, but that's just a personal opinion.

    Level 18
    - 8,137/18,500 | Master II
    BloodyIrishman - TH13 [Level 218] - #2 in TH12 Hall of Fame
    Follow this link if you're interested in joining!

  10. #20
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Martvol View Post
    BB CAUSED the stagnation. The devs devoted their time to creating BB and lost touch with the main base.
    (End of post directed to Piper)

    The wish list for the main game that they dumped into this hoping to quiet people was astounding.
    1. New game MODE. which this isn't. It is a new game. New buildings, new troops, new land that is loosely based on the main. New game mode would be using existing stuff in a new way. Wars are a game mode. Goblin map is a game mode. BB is not.

    2. Dark mode. It is dark. There are a couple things that legitimately illuminate the area, but it wasn't implemented very well. I am sitting here looking at the game and the crusher, with no obvious reason to be a light source, illuminates it's surroundings.

    3. In game tournament, one on one. Except when you don't drop cash to get there fast and the rush style of advancing does not put equal to equal. Fully maxed player might get that a little, but it can still be manipulated by how much you get to play. It isn't level in that aspect either.

    Other faults1. Their isn't any social "clan" aspect to the BB. Nothing to get people to log on a stay. After it was made that people could log on, attack once, still have a shield so they could log off and keep their loot protected in the MV. Social part of the game took a massive hit.

    2. The pay wall. Three wins and done for the day unless you want to pay. I know It is only speeding up progression, there isn't anything they get by spending then I can get by grinding. That is one thing I appreciate from SS. As soon as I need to spend money to get something someone else gets, I am done with the game. It did milk the whales though. Gotta get those gear ups for the main village.

    3. Then thought that at some point something game changing would come along for the main village that you had to keep this extra chore, otherwise worthless task, done. And then the when you lose and gain absolutely zero for the time you did spend kept slapping the faces of players.

    My honest opinion it was a mistake from start to now, I really hope they don't throw "Good money after bad" and spend anymore time on it.
    Th11 dropped December 2015. Bh may 2017. 1.5 years later. I find it hard to believe they had the entire team working that long to do builder base. Even though I wasnt yet th11, it seems to me like the time after 11 dropped was a wasteland. Not much in the way of even small updates. My feeling is they lost their focus and direction.

    I sometimes wonder how facets of the bh would have been accepted had they been implemented in main hall instead. Examples:

    Dark mode. I've seen it done in another game. It was horrible. Of course they didnt adjust units and buildings to account for the night. Many were almost invisible. A twist could have been abilities appear at night so sneaky archers instead of regular. Sounds cool but a balancing nightmare.

    Gem mine and clock tower. I think people would have loved it. Granted we have potions that have a lot of the same attributes as clock tower.

    PvP. This got brought up a lot for a possible solution to legends clouds. Got a lot of pushback. Even as an alternate game mode, assuming it had some type of rewards, would bring complaints of being forced to play something they don't like.

    New troops. We're starting to see a bit of that crossover now with super troops. Maybe a wash.

    As far as not wasting time on it, I dont agree. Big surprise. . However, if it's just going to be bh10 without bringing something truly worthwhile, they shouldnt bother. For me, there should be a benefit to the clan to have max bhs just as there is for having max 13s. Even as a bh player, I dont even look at recruit's bh level. What does it matter? I know they don't want to do wars but maybe clan tournaments. Anything that makes it part of the clan. People will still dislike it. No big. Some people hate cwl, regular wars or even being in a clan.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •