Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why not the Builder Base?

Quote Originally Posted by DARKSIDESCHWARTZ View Post
    I don't understand the 1/2/6 references. Can someone explain that to me?

<snip>
    The references are to the numbers of the reasons OP has stated in their post...

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #72
    Quote Originally Posted by Mercfovia87 View Post
    That's unbelievably high 3 star rate you have there for high level BH9.
    So if you are getting 5 triples in 100 of TH13 attacks, you are at least getting 50 triples in 100 of BH9 battles?

Can I know the trophy range which you are in? It couldn't be normal 3 star rate for "high level" BH9, which should be in trophy range above 5000.
    I don't think I'm getting 5% in TH13 attacks. On my main, I average 1-2 per week in 56 attacks, on my 2nd slightly less (with lower BK).

And no, I'm not anywhere near that high in trophy range for BH, I'm a bit below 4000. I didn't mean "high level" in trophies, I just meant BH9 rather than lower BH levels.

It does vary, I have days with very few. But most days, I am getting 2-3 triples in 5-6 attacks while getting my 3 loot wins. And the majority of bases I see have mostly BH9 level defences, though probably not as well designed as they would be at the higher trophy levels.

When I am doing several more than that for Clan Games tasks, I still seem to average around 30-40%

I play BB, not a massive fan but don't hate it either.

For me the detractors are:

the base and the troop numbers is too small compared to the main village that I don't find it exciting enough
    Off the back of this it means that it's completely unforgiving and you can't really fix mistakes in attacks because you expend your troops (or the ones that actually matter) very quickly

The other part is that it's too slow.
    Once you've deployed your troops, it's often a waiting game to see what they do, and to keep rengenerating your hero. Other than that, there's not much going on (I know some strategies require more planning but they're rarer). So I kind of become a spectator rather than playing. This could be helped massively with introducing some small spells to the BB, things that allow me to control the game as it goes through and be an active participant

Also, the part that gets to me more than anything is wasting my time. Sometimes, I might be 3 starred. It's obvious I'm not going to 3 star but I'm playing for the extra few percentage points from archers or something. Would be so much better if once the other guy finishes, you can see their result. If you want to stop people camping around until the other opponent finishes make it so they can only see it after 1 minute and at least 50% of their troops are deployed. This would allow me to end a game where I've already won or where there's no chance of winning and just let me get back into the game

Quote Originally Posted by armshouse View Post
    ...This would allow me to end a game where I've already won or where there's no chance of winning and just let me get back into the game
    Agree, what difference a single archer would make when there are still dozens of buildings to destroy or 1 full hp cannon on the other side but I already got 100% wrecked his?, or the opposite where I'm dropping trophies or I just simply lost.
    It's really really really annoying to wait for the opponent to finish when its pretty obvious its done, I'm only there to finish the task, so let me have my peace and get out of it, its just makes me "hate" / "not like" it even more. I'd rather never get a single star on my 10 raids than experiencing this on 10 builder battles.
    Last edited by maximooze007; May 26th, 2020 at 10:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I don't think I'm getting 5% in TH13 attacks. On my main, I average 1-2 per week in 56 attacks, on my 2nd slightly less (with lower BK).

And no, I'm not anywhere near that high in trophy range for BH, I'm a bit below 4000. I didn't mean "high level" in trophies, I just meant BH9 rather than lower BH levels.

It does vary, I have days with very few. But most days, I am getting 2-3 triples in 5-6 attacks while getting my 3 loot wins. And the majority of bases I see have mostly BH9 level defences, though probably not as well designed as they would be at the higher trophy levels.

When I am doing several more than that for Clan Games tasks, I still seem to average around 30-40%
    I'm surpr with such an impressive hitrate against BH9 you're around 4000 cups. I usually end the season between 5700-6100 and I think I had maybe 1 ir two triples the past half year..... with your hitrate you should be world elite.

Pro Member
    I'll throw my two cents in as to why I dislike the BB.

1.) Back when it was rolled out clouds were a huge issue in Legends League and the anticipation for a fix was very high ( at least it was for me). We had many different descriptions of what the update would be (I believe there were a few exotic car references ) and that it would revolutionize the game. When the update hit and it was revealed that no cloud fix was created and what was created arguably made clouds worse (people online more now playing BB) I for one was a very frustrated clasher. It appeared (and to a lesser extent still appears) that resources were being spent creating a new game instead of fixing the current one.

2.) The BB AI is terrible. The target selection is crazy frustrating.

3.) The criminalizing of a certain # related to the BB was also a bit over the top and unnecessary in my opinion.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #77
    Quote Originally Posted by RMER View Post
    I'm surpr with such an impressive hitrate against BH9 you're around 4000 cups. I usually end the season between 5700-6100 and I think I had maybe 1 ir two triples the past half year..... with your hitrate you should be world elite.
    I'm sure I wouldn't get that sort of hitrate if I were higher in cups.

I'll have to check my rate properly later, when I've had a few days of normal attacks. No good right now, because my 2nd has BM down, and my main was doing the walls challenge yesterday, so didn't care at all about winning.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    The references are to the numbers of the reasons OP has stated in their post...
    Kewl, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post

Yeah, you are comparing 3 star rate of TH13 at Legends with the 3 star rate of BH9 below 4000 trophy range. It is not apple to apple comparison in terms of difficulty level to suggest that offence is the overpowered part on the Builder Base.

kdrakakis did mentioned in his post that he was talking about at top of the leaderboard that defenses are OP. It doesn't make sense that you would argue otherwise given that you are nowhere near 5000 trophy and you knew you would have lower hit rates if you were that high.

Trainee
    I hate PVP, loot cap (takes forever to save for big upgrades), awful troop AI and how OP defense is - it’s awful for your “good attacks” to be a high of 60-70%. But yea, I hate that side of the game and get so annoyed that getting my 3 wins can easily eat up 20-30 minutes due to PVP model and crappy AI

ahh, yes, the annoying wait for someone else to finish, this was awful when it would eat your boost, but it’s so infuriating waiting for that last bat, archer, or wallbreaker to keep plucking away at something they won’t destroy (or just blow up walls in the case of the skeleton)
    Last edited by 4300market; May 27th, 2020 at 06:42 AM.