Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 70 of 91

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why not the Builder Base?

  1. #61
    Senior Member Trinacria's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    The intersection of No Place & No Where
    Posts
    360
    What prevents me from playing the BB in the first place is simply that it isnít the game I signed up to play. Do I play it? Yes, for games points, gems, etc. mostly because it serves purposes for the MV. Do I like it? No.

    The BB is like a cheap copy of the MV. It just isnít nearly as robust, diverse, and entertainingly enjoyable as the MV. It doesnít have the exhilaration inherent in playing the MV. Sure it has some nice touches, but it isnít the complex strategy game I enjoy. Itís a cheap copy that serves (a) purpose(s) for at least some MV players such as myself for gems, cg points, 6th builder, etc. so it simply isnít going to hold my interest to play it.

    Combined with the memories of timing of its initial release & history of the game at that time, it just isnít going to be appealing to some of us players.

  2. #62
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2019
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    In short: why don't you like BB?
    I have often wondered this, because I'm really interested in researching all the builder base strategies for base design, attack strategies, and upgrade priorities - but then whenever it comes time to do my three BB wins for loot, I immediately think uggggggghhhhhh. On one hand I definitely find builder base interesting and intriguing, and I WANT to like it, but then for some reason I just dread actually doing it. Builder base just isn't fun for me, although I've never really been sure why. After reading some of the ideas in this thread, I'm thinking it's some combination of the following:

    - I REALLY dislike how my attack ends and then I have to wait an undetermined amount of time to figure out the result, but then I also can't queue for a new battle while waiting. At least now I'm guaranteed to not find out it is a tie, that is an enormously HUGE improvement. But still, at least half the time that I get myself actually interested in builder base, I do an attack and then while I'm waiting to find out my result, I switch back to main village or a different account, and completely forget that I was interested in builder base. If it were up to me, I would make it so you could queue up for a second battle before finding out the result of the first battle. And also I would reduce the huge preparation time beforehand - there's no absolutely reason that builder base should get more prep time than main village.

    - There are so many troop types and such a huge variety of potential strategies, BUT... it costs such a huge amount of elixir to train a troop type, and they're completely worthless unless you've trained them fully. So despite a huge variety of potential strategies, there are only two that I've ever actually used. BOOOOOOORING. Builder base suddenly becomes a ton of fun for 60 glorious minutes whenever I use a power potion, but I'm sure as hell not going to spend 300 gems just to do builder base for 1 hour.

    - Finally, the "Limited Loot" reason is understandable but it still is a huge turnoff. I love the pvp aspect, but in any game with a well designed pvp ladder ranking system, there isn't much reason to keep playing for the day/week/season/etc once you have met your quota to receive max rewards. With the max rewards set at 3 wins per day, it seems to be designed around the fact that most players hate doing it and want to finish as quickly as possible. Not surprisingly, most players hate doing it and want to finish as quickly as possible.

  3. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by DRM1 View Post
    I never cared for BB, and only grew to tolerate it until such a time that I completely forgot about it . I don't see the point of beating the dead horse rehashing all the things people don't like about it.

    This is what it would take for me to ever begin embracing it:

    1. Being a separate game would be a good start. I don't need a MV distraction, filler, or time killer as one of its intended purposes. Give it to another development team, expand it, develop it, make it an alternate universe to clash. Something, anything!
    I agree. I personally think BB can or will hold a great future coming for clash coming years, yup only if balanced properly.

    2. The BM AI would have to drastically improve! Drastically? No... More like radically!

    3. I'm bored of having to keep activating his ability. Automate that, because I don't even watch my attacks, much less the opponents. Don't care if I win, don't care if I lose. I just want it over with.

    4. The BM is going to have to get a lot stronger for me to ever care. Whacking three buildings and dying does not impress me.
    Yup, seriously he is nothing against a Double Cannons, Mega Tesla, Roster and Crushers, he can't stand, even the max one.

    Here are some points I want to suggest to make BM worthwhile
    • increase HP drastically.
    • increase Attack damage, BM needs more than 10 normal hits to destroy storage, make it 5.
    • give us an option regarding automatically activation of BM ability same as HV heroes ability option. Maybe quite helpful. Or rather balance it with one-time ability activation, rather than again and again. Need a big balance here, rework.

    Here are some points regarding a change in it's AI system. which I think it's not BM it's the base design.
    • Change Wall Section to be used alone singly - Allows players to use walls pieces, rather than wall section. Really necessary.
    • Remove Guard Post (the OP defence in BB for sure, maybe for me), why? Seriously we are only at BH 7, 8, 9 and the base need to be that hard, really all because of this Guard Post thing and troops who goes round and round and cause trouble for not only BM but others too, and breaks whole the strategy. Why they really walk there, in HV cc troops stays stops when they got nothing to do. Or allows us to lure them outside and kill them.

    I might make BM a little bit OP here, so quite a balance in the whole base is also needed (still he is nothing against Double Cannons and Mega Tesla). True BM gets a little OP but is now fun and strong enough to be called as a hero.

    6. Too simple, too small, too boring. Separate it, expand it, make another game of it. There's plenty of things MV can do in CG, and you're only limited by your imagination. You don't need BB for that purpose outside of LL. We need real heroes, real spells, individual walls, more attacks per day!
    That's it make another game of it. Why connection, the three buildings gear up, 6th Builder, why? Don't force us to do it.
    6th is the worst idea clash come up with. Now it feels like do BB, a requirement for HV. Clash team here's suggestion make it opposite, make it like do HV, a requirement/bonus for BB.

    Like Otto-hut up-gradation need Lvl 2 - three gear up, Lvl 3 - max Cannon Cart, Lvl 4 - max Mega Tesla, and Lvl 5 - max BM, to unlock 6th Builder in HV (it would be fine if this brings second builder for BB only). But it should be like, Lvl 2 - upgrade CLan Castle to Lvl7, Lvl 3 - upgrade Electro Dragon to Lvl2, Lvl 4 upgrade Eagle Artillery to Lvl2, and Lvl5 upgrade TH to Lvl 12, now it's makes sense the 6th Builder for HV + bonus for BB, can be used as second builder here.

    Another example is like upgrade Th12 5star to weaponize BH10 or for new hero ability.

    Now above both cases, BB is not forced to play, is like BB got bonus from HV. That's what I'm saying make HV progression bonus to BB, rather BB forced to HV progression.

    7. Get rid of the 3 attack thing. Hated that in the first 5 minutes after BB was launched! Something has to give! I'm disinterested as it is, taking three days to amass enough resources to build something is simply ridiculous. That's not an accomplishment on my part, that's more like an exercise in futility. The costs of walls, upgrades, or number of attacks allowed have to be adjusted such that, if I have an open builder, I can raid enough in a day to build something with him. So, take your highest upgrade building or troop upgrade and crunch the numbers accordingly. Make that change!
    The 3 attack Daily Bonus system varies with Trophies which is kinda wrecked. The 3 Daily attack loot should be depends with BH levels, like do 5 attacks at BH9 a day gives total of 500,000 gold and elixir. No matter what trophies you are, just do 5 attack per day take the loot. Same as this BH10 for future will offer 200,000+ to total. (well depends on what will be BH10)

  4. #64
    Centennial Club PUREAWE's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2017
    Location
    Czechia
    Posts
    99
    I enjoy BB a lot, have almost 3500 versus wins. Best season finish 347 so far. There are actually very few AI mistakes, but as you climb to higher trophies, these mistakes get abused by clever base design more and more. Some low league players copy these designs from the top players and frustrate lower league players too.

  5. #65
    For me, you covered many of the reasons...

    1. FORCED to play due to the tie-in with the main village.
    2. LIMITED to 3 wins a day unless I pay money (to buy gems) to play more.
    3. Only get loot if you win. I I get So Annoyed at 7 losses in a row - means I have wasted 20+ minutes of my time for not a single ounce of headway in the game
    4. Progress is artificially governed by SC by mixing and matching the rewards gained with the upgrade costs. Doing my 3 wins a day so I can have enough loot to upgrade one thing after a week, fries my grits.
    5. AI is an abomination.
    6. Not being able to pick my own matches.
    7. The gameplay itself.
    8. Waiting for the other attacker to finish before I can play again.

    If the game was not tied-in to the main village, I would not play it. If it was a stand-alone game, I would have uninstalled it long ago just like I did with Clash Royal. For ME there is ZERO Enjoyment in it. It even irks me waiting for the builder to clear a single tree off that base. It even irks me with the winning animation of the loot flying off and the like. I feel those are precious wasted seconds I am forced to sit through.

    The only reason I play it is for clan game points and to release the 6th builder. And because I feel SC is going to add another thing over there to tie-in to the main game, so I need to keep up to an extent.

    Having said that, there are elements I like about it. Changing troops is great. Not waiting for an army to train is great. But that is all.

  6. #66
    Forum Elder Doddsyuk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    In the builders secret underground lair
    Posts
    2,714
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterOz View Post
    If it was a stand-alone game
    This is a key point here I think when you take into account the SC ethos, would this ever have made it to release is SC followed their normal decision making with new games or would it have gone the way of games like Smash land?
    COC MAIN: Working on latest update TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: Working on TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH12 Clash profile

  7. #67

    Post

    Too many to read, so I'll just throw my inputs based on the post

    Reasons why I'm forced to play BB:

    • Otto builder
    • Gear requirements
    • Clan games
    • Gem Achievements


    Reasons why I don't play BB:

    • Design/Aesthetics
      • We all love the main village based on it's theme design, shiny, smooth, day theme, uplifting.. (so many jargon I don't know but if I do I'll throw it in),I just don't find it in BB
      • The rugged (I really can't express it due to my english) dark design is not appealing for me

    • Subjectively, I don't feel the pride-of-possession when playing "clash of clans" with the builder hall, its just a rip-off of the main village and for me its just there, a monotonous option sitting and waiting for some task to back-up/support my Town hall which I take pride of
    Last edited by maximooze007; May 26th, 2020 at 09:42 AM.

  8. #68
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    862
    Quote Originally Posted by MisterOz View Post
    For me, you covered many of the reasons...

    1. FORCED to play due to the tie-in with the main village.
    2. LIMITED to 3 wins a day unless I pay money (to buy gems) to play more.
    3. Only get loot if you win. I I get So Annoyed at 7 losses in a row - means I have wasted 20+ minutes of my time for not a single ounce of headway in the game
    4. Progress is artificially governed by SC by mixing and matching the rewards gained with the upgrade costs. Doing my 3 wins a day so I can have enough loot to upgrade one thing after a week, fries my grits.
    5. AI is an abomination.
    6. Not being able to pick my own matches.
    7. The gameplay itself.
    8. Waiting for the other attacker to finish before I can play again.

    If the game was not tied-in to the main village, I would not play it. If it was a stand-alone game, I would have uninstalled it long ago just like I did with Clash Royal. For ME there is ZERO Enjoyment in it. It even irks me waiting for the builder to clear a single tree off that base. It even irks me with the winning animation of the loot flying off and the like. I feel those are precious wasted seconds I am forced to sit through.

    The only reason I play it is for clan game points and to release the 6th builder. And because I feel SC is going to add another thing over there to tie-in to the main game, so I need to keep up to an extent.

    Having said that, there are elements I like about it. Changing troops is great. Not waiting for an army to train is great. But that is all.
    MisterOz really speaks for me as well. I only have one more thing to add.

    Since the creation of the BH, defenses have been unbelievably overpowered compared to the main village. There was a very good reason for this: as the game is PvP and the best of the two attacks wins, SC lived in mortal fear of 100% 3 star draws, that would cause stalemates at the top of the leaderboard. Now, however, we have the time tiebreaker. So, please SC, go on and buff the attack. Make the game more enjoyable.
    CoC: Elder in war clan Fontana #YQP89RPV. Always recruiting Greek-speaking warriors!
    CR: Co-Leader in Greece Elite #PCUPC0VV
    BB: Member in Greece #GVQRY2

  9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #69
    Quote Originally Posted by kdrakakis View Post
    MisterOz really speaks for me as well. I only have one more thing to add.

    Since the creation of the BH, defenses have been unbelievably overpowered compared to the main village. There was a very good reason for this: as the game is PvP and the best of the two attacks wins, SC lived in mortal fear of 100% 3 star draws, that would cause stalemates at the top of the leaderboard. Now, however, we have the time tiebreaker. So, please SC, go on and buff the attack. Make the game more enjoyable.
    I disagree that defences are OP, at least at high level. At lower levels, probably more so.

    I get at least 10 times as many triples in BH9 as I do in TH13. Offence is the overpowered part, if anything is.

    I even had a draw under the new system yesterday too - both 100% with 1:35 left.

  10. #70
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2019
    Posts
    908
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I disagree that defences are OP, at least at high level. At lower levels, probably more so.

    I get at least 10 times as many triples in BH9 as I do in TH13. Offence is the overpowered part, if anything is.

    I even had a draw under the new system yesterday too - both 100% with 1:35 left.
    That's unbelievably high 3 star rate you have there for high level BH9.
    So if you are getting 5 triples in 100 of TH13 attacks, you are at least getting 50 triples in 100 of BH9 battles?

    Can I know the trophy range which you are in? It couldn't be normal 3 star rate for "high level" BH9, which should be in trophy range above 5000.
    Last edited by Mercfovia87; May 26th, 2020 at 09:48 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •