Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Why not the Builder Base?

Why not the Builder Base?

First, I'd like to make it clear that I looked for it, but didn't find a thread on it. There might be, but didn't come up in my search. Second, I don't think it should be in Builder Base subforum because it's for the opinions of those who don't like the BB, and it's less likely to find that audience there.

I know there's a huge number of players who 'don't like' the BB (playing it only for CG? Then you're also included). You can also post why you think others 'don't like' BB even if you do like it. It'd be even better if you can tell what to change in that feature which might make you 'like' BB.

Here are some points that I've gathered up. There might be a lot more, there might be the case that some of these aren't actually the reason in reality.

1. PvP
    2. Limited loot
    3. Choose sets of troops in army
    4. Dark mode
    5. 'Unfair' match-ups
    6. Overwhelmed AI

Edit:
    7. Forced-to-play to unlock 6th builder for HV

In short: why don't you like BB?
    Last edited by darpan2704coc; 2 Days Ago at 02:27 PM.

This will undoubtedly get moved to the BB subforum
    | BK 67 | AQ 70 | GW 42 | RC 10 |

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix1027 View Post
    This will undoubtedly get moved to the BB subforum
    No problem in that. I think it should be here, and I can be wrong too.

Pro Member
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    First, I'd like to make it clear that I looked for it, but didn't find a thread on it. There might be, but didn't come up in my search. Second, I don't think it should be in Builder Base subforum because it's for the opinions of those who don't like the BB, and it's less likely to find that audience there.

I know there's a huge number of players who 'don't like' the BB (playing it only for CG? Then you're also included). You can also post why you think others 'don't like' BB even if you do like it. It'd be even better if you can tell what to change in that feature which might make you 'like' BB.

Here are some points that I've gathered up. There might be a lot more, there might be the case that some of these aren't actually the reason in reality.

1. PvP
    2. Limited loot
    4. Dark mode
    5. 'Unfair' match-ups
    6. Overwhelmed AI

Its simply "not fun" & its more like "forced to play" thanks to otto update. Also 1/2/6 makes it more worse specially when you have couple of mini accs to handle and lacking 6th builder

I think there must be plenty whom have played regularly, otherwise there wouldnt be 9 halls..
    The fact nothing else is on the table ATM suggests to me that it is probably quite a low percentage of the player base tho..

But i like the pace of the game now.. No cooking time.
    I like the gems it brings.. Is the reason I built the boat in the first place (with multiple accounts, I dont even have time for main hall on most).

The game was released a little late, IMO..
    The main hall had already become quite sophisticated in comparison, even at its launch..
    There is a distinct lack of game play with BB, and its noticeable that even changing troops and attack strats doesnt give any sense of change to the game...

In summary..
    Its a quick blast, but very samey

As an edit.. It carries the same problems and restraints that CWL has with the main hall..
    And that is that it is a tiered structure.. There is no weight/hall restriction to the matching..
    So the feel good factor is missing unless you are active enough to progress the account to its highest level..

I would expect most to simply move back to the main hall, with its weighted matching, rather than persevere in a disadvantaged state..
    At least CWL has rewards for enduring.
    Last edited by joshsgrandad; 2 Days Ago at 01:54 PM.

I’m sure if loot was available for every attack more people would play. Either more then 3 attacks for loot, or all attacks win loot (if you win) but it’s less per attack then now.
    If Otto wasn’t introduced I’m sure even less would be playing it.

Clan:
    ClashAustralia! | Clan ID: #P0QG0C8J | IGN: VanSim | Discord: VanSim#7997
    Clan Lvl: 15 Clan Formed: 16/03/2015
    TH: TH11 | AQ: L50 | BK: 50| GW 20 - League: Titans II (Highest) | Max Tropies: 4500+
    TH: TH12 | AQ: L65 | BK: 65| GW 40 - League: Legends (Highest) | Max Tropies: 5000+

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Quote Originally Posted by darpan2704coc View Post
    I agree. Although on the surface it should be there, posting anti-BB stuff in that forum can be seen as inflammatory.

1. PvP
    2. Limited loot
    4. Dark mode
    5. 'Unfair' match-ups
    6. Overwhelmed AI

I do quite like it, but not nearly as much as HV.

I think most of those who dislike it will be for a mixture of those reasons.
    1. Yes, somevpeople just don't like PvP at all.
    2. Probably one of the biggest downsides for many. It means that any play after your 3 wins for the day is not really for much.
    3. This limitation means much less room for variety in armies, which many will feel significantly reduces the skill element, making it less attractive to those who prefer high-skill armies in HV.
    4. I'm not sure this is significant in terms of numbers, but there will certainly be some people who dislike that aspect.
    5. Yes, because you don't have the option of nexting. It can make it seem like a struggle until you are close to max.
    6. Not sure what you mean by overwhelmed, but the AI does seem to be not liked much.

I think there are also other things which put people off beyond those.

7. Simply the fact it is different to HV. People play clash for HV, and don't particularly want something different included in the game.
    8. The fact it is designed to benefit rushing. Many people like to max stuff, and don't see why they should suffer for that in BB.
    9. A feeling (whether justified or not) that they have to pkay it to avoid the risk of some important tie in with HV. It is much less likely to be fun if you feel forced to do it.

Probably more things as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

Quote Originally Posted by MrSJS View Post
    Its simply "not fun" & its more like "forced to play" thanks to otto update. Also 1/2/6 makes it more worse specially when you have couple of mini accs to handle and lacking 6th builder
    I understand how 1/2/6 make it worse, but can you share why you think there's 'not fun' in the first place? No doubt, OTTO made it to seem as 'forced to play' to those who don't like BB, and the requirements are even painstaking.

The BB is different. It is meant to be different. It is nice to have variety. All suggestions about the BB usually boil down to ‘make it like HV’. That would be a mistake. Yes I prefer HV but that has to due with my desire to loot and upgrade. That is my fun in my OCD world. But I do enjoy destroying villages sometimes and BB fits that nicely.

Of course I don’t play it ‘by the rules’. But who plays ‘by the rules’? We all play ‘within the rules’. Case in point...why not max every building to do wars? That is ‘by the rules as intended’. Instead you engineer. That is ‘within the rules’ and if others complain the answer is ‘tough, learn to play’. Another example is town hall sniping and you get a shield. Remember when you frequently found the town hall outside the walls and unprotected? Playing ‘within’ the rules until the rules changed.

I drop trophies on BB and it becomes a fun destruction of a base. Don’t like it? Tough. Learn to rush the BB and drop trophies. Maybe SC will change the rules. Until then tough.

I have seen 4000 points in CG within a day many times because of BB.
    Last edited by JD4U; 2 Days Ago at 02:34 PM.

Lol I have seen players arguing over the topic that which is the greatest? Home village or the BB? Probably most of the time the majority is in favour of the HV ones. I don’t know clearly why the debate always have the same result but for me its the unfair match-making and limited loot. In my clan, most of the people just play BB during CG. Ask why?
    Because they used to break their all time best on BB every Clan games.
    Another thing that I have personally been annoyed of is about the locomotion of the battle machine. I 've seen people building bases that makes the machine go round the base and at last get into the crusher. Why why why? I cant do nothing but cry out when this thing happens to me 😭😭😵
    Last edited by drekdx; 2 Days Ago at 02:23 PM.