Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forums for other SC games ?

Trainee

Forums for other SC games ?

Hey guys I just wanted to know why there isn't a forum for brawls stars , I know the cr forum was removed because of reasons and I fully understand them .But why isn't there one for brawl stars as brawl stars player myself I would love a forum for it �� . So why isn't there one ?
    Last edited by XxKingblayerxX; 4 Days Ago at 12:19 PM.

Trainee
    No replies ? huh any mod ? no one ?

I truely do not think that you know those "reasons and I fully understand". A presence upon these forums or not is solely the discretion of each game's Community Manager. There are multiple social platforms they must attend to, forums, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, content creator interaction, etc.. One person, with much contention for their attention.

So the only ones whom can really fully answer are those CMs for those games.

But, we can look at the industry as a whole. I remember the early days of Newsgroups requiring a newsreader app. Over time, Forums began, allowing use of a standard internet browser, as opposed to a dedicated app. People though want feeds near realtime, and ability to respond or comment near realtime. In today's society, news 15 minutes ago is "old news", already discussed. So forums in general have fewer followers than in the past.

If I myself formed a gaming company today, I would probably not even bother setting up a public forum, but rather I would use other social networking platforms, those with larger audiences, hence more "bang for the buck".
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Days Ago at 03:36 PM.

Trainee
    Does this mean that reddit is more popular than forum so thats why they are not gonna consider making a brawl stars sub forum ?
    and by "reasons and i fully understand them " i mean the ones i know i understand them

Quote Originally Posted by XxKingblayerxX View Post
    Does this mean that reddit is more popular than forum so thats why they are not gonna consider making a brawl stars sub forum ?
    and by "reasons and i fully understand them " i mean the ones i know i understand them
    Brawl Stars is solely the decision of the Brawl Stars CM. Only that person knows any possibility.

And yes, I myself am willing to bet more followers on Reddit than these forums, but admittedly it is a hunch, I have no insight to the data.
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Days Ago at 04:26 PM.

Trainee
    thx for the clarification even tho it makes me unhappy . cheers

Quote Originally Posted by XxKingblayerxX View Post
    thx for the clarification even tho it makes me unhappy . cheers
    It makes others "unhappy" also. I myself did not follow the Boom Beach departure from these forums to Reddit. I prefer the forum mode, more conducive for longer discussion over time. But, it is what it is.

Cheers!
    Last edited by rowman; 4 Days Ago at 04:45 PM.

8.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #8
    The forum front page provides the links to where the Community Managers have chosen to "host" their respective games.

Brawl Stars has never had a forum presence and is highly unlikely to.

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by rowman View Post
    I truely do not think that you know those "reasons and I fully understand". A presence upon these forums or not is solely the discretion of each game's Community Manager. There are multiple social platforms they must attend to, forums, Reddit, Twitter, Facebook, content creator interaction, etc.. One person, with much contention for their attention...
    The above example shows how Supercell's culture has evolved throughout the years. In 2018, the Boom Beach Community Manager announced it was his decision to close the BB subforum and interact with the Boom community in Reddit. https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...ptember-3-2018

But in 2017, the Clash Royale CM posted that it was the team's decision to end its forum presence and focus on a single message board on Reddit.

After 2018, two teams releasing their games in beta choose to have no forum presence and instead started the official channels in Reddit. Rush Wars didn't survive beta and was killed in 2019. Hay Day Pop has been in beta for the past two months.

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    May 24, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 2 Days Ago at 07:17 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread