Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: When will SC introduce E-sport mode?

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything

When will SC introduce E-sport mode?

This month 10! of 64 teams were disqualified from the final weekend of ESL WC qualifier. Some of the best teams in the world were kicked from the tournament for reasons unknown, but it could very well be account-sharing or buying. Let me clear this out... I do not think account sharing or buying should be legit, but it shows the problem for Clash of clans.
    Clash of clans is a multi-purpose game. You can farm/grind/build and have great pleasure in that. Most players do - at least when they start playing. The farmers are those who constantly demand new content and they are probably those who fill SC pockets.

And then there is the war scene... War scene started some years ago back before FW we would have to calculate war weight and hope to match in a random spin. With friendly wars it became a lot easier and the CWL tournament started. Most war players are in the game for the adrenaline rush you get, when your attack is the one deciding a war win og loss. Farming is something you have to do when new content is added - and tbh its a pain. Thats why account buying became a thing in the first place.

Now with SC deciding on going E-sport we have the problem. The game payers are not really into war and the war players are not really into farming. And to be an active on the war scene now you HAVE to farm - really much - all the time - or pay big bucks.

Imagine other E-sport games having the same issue? How about Counterstrike players having to accumulate experience points through multiple non-war scenes? or FIFA players having to qualify from minor leagues in non-competitive modes? Not going to happen.

What should SC do then? How about introducing an in-game E-sport mode? where players were able to play a max th13 for ESL and SCWL in champs 1? That way Clash of clans E-sport would be for the best players in the world and not for the big spenders and heavy farmers, whos been in the game forever.

I do like both farming and war and I do have a fully max th13 a near max th13 and a "working project" th13 - all "clean" accounts, and I do participate in SCWL and ESL thou not this weekend, I'm not that good/lucky. So I don't have a personal benefit for changes I suggest. But for the game as an E-sport this is much needed - having multiple teams in the WC qualifier being DQ'ed every month for not being old farmers is a joke.

/Fjæsing

2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #2
    While that may be fun on paper, it would actually hinder the game and cause people to actually lose interest. Why bother leveling up your actual village when you get to play a max base for free?
    AKA Tank Puppy

“In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

I'd like to see something like this for friendly wars (and therefore also for ESL).

I think it's a bad idea to basically give everyone a max th13 for SCWL tho. Low level players would be overwhelmed and it takes away the need to farm and spend money.

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    While that may be fun on paper, it would actually hinder the game and cause people to actually lose interest. Why bother leveling up your actual village when you get to play a max base for free?
    I do not agree with you on that Darian.

As I wrote, I do have a max th13 that I use for FW, ESL and SCWL - and I do have 2 smaller th13s that I use for farming. I enjoy both, and when/if all my th13s are max, I will probably farm a smaller account.

Also and more important. I am not suggesting that everyone could have a max th13 for free. I am suggesting that in the official SuperCell E-sport tournaments (SCWL champs 1 and ESL) you should introduce a game-mode with a max th13. You could make it a one time payment to be pro-player, a monthly license or free for all, I don't care, but the way it is with multiple teams being DQ'ed every month is unacceptable.
    We want the best players to be in the World cup. Not the richest or the heavy farmers.

/Fjæsing

But I could max everything with gems for example and still be a terrible attacker or be bad at designing bases. I'm not going to be accepted into a pro cwl like that. So these top players arent just there for being max they are there for skill. I imagine the same players would still be there to some extent even if it was open to everyone.
    Clashing at Adult Empire

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #6
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaesing View Post
    I do not agree with you on that Darian.

As I wrote, I do have a max th13 that I use for FW, ESL and SCWL - and I do have 2 smaller th13s that I use for farming. I enjoy both, and when/if all my th13s are max, I will probably farm a smaller account.

Also and more important. I am not suggesting that everyone could have a max th13 for free. I am suggesting that in the official SuperCell E-sport tournaments (SCWL champs 1 and ESL) you should introduce a game-mode with a max th13. You could make it a one time payment to be pro-player, a monthly license or free for all, I don't care, but the way it is with multiple teams being DQ'ed every month is unacceptable.
    We want the best players to be in the World cup. Not the richest or the heavy farmers.

/Fjæsing

You can disagree with me all you like, but it doesn't change the facts. So let's use your example. Instead of a free max TH13, let's say we use a one-time payment or even monthly fee for it. Again, why would people instead choose to play the game normally when they can just buy a max TH13 - even if that TH13 is just for competitive use?

Almost any time you offer a "cheat code" that lets you bypass the game, not only do players tend to use it - that removal of a sense of accomplishment causes players to not feel as rewarded in the game anymore and will look for another game that fulfills that feeling. It's basic game dev psychology.

It would completely undermine the whole point of the progression process and why we created the War Leagues in the first place.
    AKA Tank Puppy

Terry Pratchett

You would just end up with an esports player who cant attack and has no understanding of game mechanics.
    COC MAIN: Fully maxed TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: Working on TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH12 Clash profile

8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Doddsyuk View Post
    You would just end up with an esports player who cant attack and has no understanding of game mechanics.

That is definitely another negative consequence of giving someone who just got their driver's license the keys to a brand new McLaren 765LT. Just because you know how to drive in traffic doesn't mean you're ready to hit the track in a high-end race car.

Being at the competitive level isn't just about having a maxed base. Just like being in a competitive FPS game isn't all about having the best spec PC. While yes, having a good PC does help mitigate some things you still need the requisite skill in order to be competitive. Opening the floodgates to just let anyone have a max Th13 to compete will lead to more frustration as players realize they simply aren't as competitive as they thought they were. This would in-turn also result in a reduction in the number of players being active in the game.

The progression from beginning to max TH13 isn't just about leveling up your stuff. It's also about acquiring the necessary skills, perseverance, and mental aptitude in order to compete at those levels.

Put it this way...if we thought the competitive system would be better off by allowing everyone access to a max base then that's how we would've designed the system from the start. It's not a matter of "we didn't think of that." We understood from the start that creating a system that allowed players to have access to a max TH13 would simply go against the philosophies of the game.
    AKA Tank Puppy

Terry Pratchett

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    Almost any time you offer a "cheat code" that lets you bypass the game, not only do players tend to use it - that removal of a sense of accomplishment causes players to not feel as rewarded in the game anymore and will look for another game that fulfills that feeling. It's basic game dev psychology.

It would completely undermine the whole point of the progression process and why we created the War Leagues in the first place.
    That happens when you download modded APKs of games. 🤣

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Disenchanted11 View Post
    That happens when you download modded APKs of games. 藍
    Kinda what I was implying ;-)
    AKA Tank Puppy

Terry Pratchett