Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 74

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: When will SC introduce E-sport mode?

  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Location
    Space, obviously
    Posts
    375
    I kinda understand but I would a mode with level-cap like CR.
    Last edited by LostInSpace; 5 Days Ago at 10:28 AM.

  2. #22
    Fresh Spawn
    Join Date
    Feb 2020
    Posts
    7
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    That is definitely another negative consequence of giving someone who just got their driver's license the keys to a brand new McLaren 765LT. Just because you know how to drive in traffic doesn't mean you're ready to hit the track in a high-end race car.

    Being at the competitive level isn't just about having a maxed base. Just like being in a competitive FPS game isn't all about having the best spec PC. While yes, having a good PC does help mitigate some things you still need the requisite skill in order to be competitive. Opening the floodgates to just let anyone have a max Th13 to compete will lead to more frustration as players realize they simply aren't as competitive as they thought they were. This would in-turn also result in a reduction in the number of players being active in the game.

    The progression from beginning to max TH13 isn't just about leveling up your stuff. It's also about acquiring the necessary skills, perseverance, and mental aptitude in order to compete at those levels.

    Put it this way...if we thought the competitive system would be better off by allowing everyone access to a max base then that's how we would've designed the system from the start. It's not a matter of "we didn't think of that." We understood from the start that creating a system that allowed players to have access to a max TH13 would simply go against the philosophies of the game.
    Just a few days ago, I had a very similar idea as the OP. The reason though was not because of bans but mostly because only a handful of players have a decent shot at world championships etc.

    After reading the thread i see you point. I think the biggest negative is the loss of active players who will eventually figure out that they are not as good as the Pros. There is no reason left for them to progress on their existing base or start a new one. They will just quit the game and fine a new one to play. I think the hope to max your base one day is what keeps you going and SC's job is to make sure that not many reach that stage (in a non wicked way).

    Having said that the E Sports is an interesting area for a game which is progressive in nature. Probably you can give us a sneak peak into what is in store (a helicopter view not details) for the E Sports scene.

  3. #23
    The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything
    Join Date
    Oct 2018
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    While I am in no way always right, in this instance, I can assure you I am. As I said, it is basic game development psychology that all developers largely understand to a certain degree. Giving away the end-game content (whether it's free or for a fee or whatever) is NEVER a good thing for the longevity of a game that at its core is a game about progression.

    While I do understand what your proposal is trying to achieve, then lens you are looking through is a very narrow one based around what you think would make the game better. That is never a healthy approach to game design and almost always results in more harm than good.

    This would not have the intended effect you think it would have. While I appreciate your passion for your idea, I am sorry to say it simply wouldn't work, and I hope you can accept that feedback gracefully.
    Thank you for taking the time to discuss this issue with me and others. And I do realise that you have a better insight in every aspect of the game. I am still not sure you fully inderstand my idea, many other in this thread doesn't I can see. Perhaps I'm not very precise, when I try to explain it, but I won't bother you with a new attempt.

    What I would like is an alternative idea on how to eliminate all the DQs in the Clash of Clans prestige tournament? The easy solution is ofc to make everyone stop using "dirty" accounts, but when we still see so many DQs after more than a year, that's unlikely to happen (well in time it will). I have no sympathy for the cheaters, but it is so frustrating to see a serious tournament with so many DQs. Last month it was called off and this month WITH NEW strategy still 10/64 teams were DQed before the last rounds. Thats what I want a solution to. If not making a "Clean-mode" for the competition, then what???

    /Fjæsing

  4. #24
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    728
    A e-sports only base that's always maxed sounds interesting.

    It would change the game completely though by splitting the player base. Even those who have no interest in competitive wars would be affected by losing clan members.

    Not sure if i want that or not.

  5. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Zed85 View Post
    After reading the thread i see you point. I think the biggest negative is the loss of active players who will eventually figure out that they are not as good as the Pros. There is no reason left for them to progress on their existing base or start a new one. They will just quit the game and fine a new one to play. I think the hope to max your base one day is what keeps you going and SC's job is to make sure that not many reach that stage (in a non wicked way).
    This assumes that everyone playing the game wants to become a pro player. I expect the vast majority play to enjoy it and want it to be fun. Becoming a pro player required a substantial time commitment to train etc, if someone doesn't have the time to invest in upgrading their village to the higher levels, they certainly don't have what is required to participate at the highest skill level.
    Clash Ninja - Upgrade Tracker and Guides
    https://www.clash.ninja - Forum Thread

  6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #26
    Darian[Supercell]'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Under a Rock.
    Posts
    5,054
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaesing View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to discuss this issue with me and others. And I do realise that you have a better insight in every aspect of the game. I am still not sure you fully inderstand my idea, many other in this thread doesn't I can see. Perhaps I'm not very precise, when I try to explain it, but I won't bother you with a new attempt.

    What I would like is an alternative idea on how to eliminate all the DQs in the Clash of Clans prestige tournament? The easy solution is ofc to make everyone stop using "dirty" accounts, but when we still see so many DQs after more than a year, that's unlikely to happen (well in time it will). I have no sympathy for the cheaters, but it is so frustrating to see a serious tournament with so many DQs. Last month it was called off and this month WITH NEW strategy still 10/64 teams were DQed before the last rounds. Thats what I want a solution to. If not making a "Clean-mode" for the competition, then what???

    /Fjæsing
    I do understand what your intentions are for your suggestion. Truly, I do, and I share those same frustrations and concerns when so many players end up being "dirty". While your idea would potentially clean up the competitive entries and could potentially reduce the number of disqualifications, I do think it would impact only a small subset of players who buy/share accounts - but it wouldn't remove the issue from the competitive sector altogether.

    And while your suggestion would have a hypothetical positive impact on the competitive aspect, as I mentioned before, it would have a detrimental effect on the longevity of the game itself. One of the difficult aspects of being a game developer is how to approach the game as a whole rather than piece by piece.

    We have to look at how something being implemented will affect the game entirely, and not just for short-term benefit for one subset of features.

    With that being said, I don't want to discourage you or anyone else from proposing new ideas. It was a result of these kinds of discussions that led to the redesigned Legend League!
    AKA Tank Puppy

    “In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.”
    Terry Pratchett

  7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaesing View Post
    NO! Farming is totally different that war - every player with skills know that. Legend League is similar like a poodle and a wolf are similar, but since you cannot change army it is very much YOLO. Ofc top players do that better than LL farmers, but in war you would never just "go with what you have".

    Farming out of LL is different. I attack with all super barbs easy way to max out base ASAP, so I can use it for wars. Farming has NOTHING to do with war attacks.
    I have no idea what relevance you thought that might have to the post you responded to, but in fact it had none.

    Darian never mentioned farming at all.

    Incidentally, not this post but all your others in this thread - sticking an "S" on the front of CWL just makes you look petty, it doesn't achieve anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #28
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaesing View Post
    LOL so because he is an employee (which I ofc know) he cannot be wrong in anything???
    And CS:GO is dying out because you get free access???
    What I was arguing against was that you improve your war gaming through farming to max. That is not true. Farming is a necessary evil for war players - and the joy of the game for casual players. (I am both so I know)
    Nobody has suggested it might be true, so that is a classic straw man argument.

    Also what I am suggesting is NOT giving anyone a free max base. Please read. I am suggesting that for E-sport purpose participating players should use an in-game mode with a max base. I you want to become a good player you would still need to max out your own so you can practise war attacks.

    /Fjæsing
    that is the important fact here. And why it would be pretty pointless giving you a game mode which automatically had a max base. In order to be able to make best use of that max base, you would have had to have gone through the process of getting yours maxed (with all the accompanying war/CWL attacks that you get while going through that process).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

  9. #29
    Millennial Club darpan2704coc's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    1,148
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjaesing View Post
    Thank you for taking the time to discuss this issue with me and others. And I do realise that you have a better insight in every aspect of the game. I am still not sure you fully inderstand my idea, many other in this thread doesn't I can see. Perhaps I'm not very precise, when I try to explain it, but I won't bother you with a new attempt.

    What I would like is an alternative idea on how to eliminate all the DQs in the Clash of Clans prestige tournament? The easy solution is ofc to make everyone stop using "dirty" accounts, but when we still see so many DQs after more than a year, that's unlikely to happen (well in time it will). I have no sympathy for the cheaters, but it is so frustrating to see a serious tournament with so many DQs. Last month it was called off and this month WITH NEW strategy still 10/64 teams were DQed before the last rounds. Thats what I want a solution to. If not making a "Clean-mode" for the competition, then what???

    /Fjæsing
    A tournament with just 10/64 teams being qualified is much better than allowing the remaining 54 just to have a high number of participants even when they did it 'dirty'.

  10. #30
    Pro Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Posts
    640
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    While that may be fun on paper, it would actually hinder the game and cause people to actually lose interest. Why bother leveling up your actual village when you get to play a max base for free?
    in brawl stars you get to play any max level brawler including gadgets and star power each month for 3 days for the last couple of months for the world championship qualifications, the tournament is open for everyone even if you don't have max brawlers yourself you can still compete. It even offers huge rewards each tire you pass.. i don't think it's discouraging anyone to keep playing and it making the competition fair for everyone and not pay to win.

    The competitive scene in clash of clans is extremely small mainly because of this reason, why would anyone try to compete in unfair field, his skills might be good but if the base or heroes isn't max it puts him in disadvantage so people give up in the first place

    I don't think giving all players acsess for max village for 3 days of tournament will cause any harm, i believe it will only increase the will to play and the number of teams that willing to participate.

    Not to mention if it could be inside organization it would increase it even more, something with single elimination - everyone war at the same time and only winners keep to the next war, like ESL just in game

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •