Thread: What is some good attack strategies for th9 in war?

Fresh Spawn

What is some good attack strategies for th9 in war?

I have tried several different th9 strategies for war and they have worked but I want to know what other users are using.

Try witch slap. I am still practising it with my clan mates. I am getting easily 2 star on max or nearly max TH9. With little more practising I will be able to get 3 star in CWL for my clan. There are lot of videos for this attack which you can see and practise. Good luck !!

Govaho is good (golem, valk, hogs), look up vids on youtube.
    If you like air, then look up th9 dragloon and th9 lavaloonian strats on youtube. Both of these attacks are very powerful (on the right base) at th9.
    Last edited by joemann8478; 1 Week Ago at 09:53 PM.

I personally use 2 attacks, one for ground and one for air. If you use it properly you can easily 3 star max th10s. Usually I am able to 60%+ on th11s.

1. Ground attack: (All bases)
    2 golems, 13 valks, 12 wizards and (4 wall breaks or 3 wall breakers and 2 archers)
    1 jump, (2 heals and 1 rage or 2 rages and 1 heal; depends on the type of attacker your are) and 1 freeze
    Carry a poison in the CC and an edrag or pekka or valks and use wizards and wall breakers to fill in the gap.

Drop 2 golems first, then spread wizard behind for funneling valks.
    Then drop wall breakers, make sure to drop it at the right time so the mortars or eagle artillery doesn't kill it.
    With the funneling, drop all the valks into the center of the base with the BK and the AQ following.
    Then use the spell at whatever time you feel appropriate.

This should guarantee your attack against any th11 and below

2. Air attack: (All bases)
    15 baby dragons, 1 dragon and 10 balloons
    2 lightning, 2 rage and (a quake if you're attacking above th10 or carry a haste or freeze)
    Carry a poison in the CC and an edrag or 1 drag and 2 loons

First you the lightning (and quake if applicable) to hit out the hardest air defense to reach (usually with air sweeper protection or in the center of the base).
    Then you chip out the outer defenses and leave only the x-bows (and infernos) left.
    Using the baby dragons and loons in the order as follows:
    Use the baby to tank for wizard towers, archer tower (and x-bows), then drop 2 loons directed towards the defenses
    Saving one last rage, you use the dragon to tank with the edrag following to destory the x-bows and town hall.

3. Air attack: (War only)
    8 loons, 1 drag, 2 wall breakers, 4 healer, 10 baby dragons
    Same spell and CC composition as the preceding

Same logic but in this case only use this attack if the air defenses are exposed so that the queen can reach the air defenses.
    Use queen walk to take out 2 air defenses and the wall breakers and BK to funnel.
    This should make the attack a lot easier.

If used properly, you should be able to 1 star any townhall, 2 star TH11 and below, 3 star TH10 and below.

Cheers and clash on!

I have 10 maxed TH9s in our wars and I clear all opposing TH9s using the same strategy every time.

2 golems, 9 wiz, 7 wb, 22 hogs - 3 heal, 1 rage, 1 poison.

Attack at the point which is closest to the CC And the opposing queen. drop the 2 golems with 5-7 wiz behind them and 3 wbs between them. King and queen with CC bowlers go through the funnel and rage. Poison the opposing CC. Once their cc and queen are down, come through from a separate angle away from where the golems go with surgically placed hogs and heal 3 times as they take down the base.

use remaining wiz for clean up. Should guarantee 3 stars every time.
    IGN: Mike:1984 #QG9UL8Y9
    CLAN: BDB Warriors #2JRGY0Y
    TH13 / Lv 235 / HIGH SCORE 5987
    Account Established Dec 2012
    Maxed heroes ✔️ Maxed walls ✔️

Fresh Spawn
    Eu costumo usar Lavaloon ou Gowiva (sim, antigo mas funcional), tente também vincular isso a um Queen Walk

Quote Originally Posted by MrMike1984 View Post
    I have 10 maxed TH9s in our wars and I clear all opposing TH9s using the same strategy every time.

2 golems, 9 wiz, 7 wb, 22 hogs - 3 heal, 1 rage, 1 poison.

Attack at the point which is closest to the CC And the opposing queen. drop the 2 golems with 5-7 wiz behind them and 3 wbs between them. King and queen with CC bowlers go through the funnel and rage. Poison the opposing CC. Once their cc and queen are down, come through from a separate angle away from where the golems go with surgically placed hogs and heal 3 times as they take down the base.

use remaining wiz for clean up. Should guarantee 3 stars every time.
    If they got loons in CC your entire attack is ♥♥♥♥ed

There are only 5(but each one has a few variations):
    1.lavaloon
    2.witch slap
    3.GoVaHo
    4.dragons
    5.GoWiHo

(I will only explain lavaloon since it is the army I am strong with. Youtube has lots of examples for the other strategies listed.)

1.Lavaloon has 3 variations
    - straight
    - queen walk
    - kill squad
    The straight has 2 lavahounds, 26 balloons, 2 baby drags, 5 minions, 2 rage, 4 haste, 1 poison. (baby drags and minions interchangeable). Drop one lavahounds from same side with extra hound or edrag in cc. follow with hastes in front of balloon wall towards ad. rage on ad. clean up troops behind wall to clean up while balloons work there magic. Use remaining hastes at will. poison cc - lava pups will clean that up while cc is concentrated on loons.

Queen walk - 2 hounds, 15 loons, 4 healers, 12 minions, 3 rage, 2 haste, 1 poison, cc - 6 loons, 1 freeze.
    Drop queen at proximity to cc and opposing queen. use king to funnel queen as well as 4 minions on out of range trash. drop rage on healers and queen once they are dealing with cc and queen, if cc has edrag freeze and poison, use ability once freeze wears off. Try to take airsweeper or ad or wiz tower. With 1min30sec left do the lavaloon portion same as straight. hounds on ad wall of loons with clean up behind.

I am not fluent in kill squad. Judo sloth on yt has a good breakdown.

FYI no strategy can be taught to perfection. It must be learnt thrue practice. train an army and practice on friendly challenge with clan.

Centennial Club
    No, I use shattered goho a lot also and you can take two poisons at th9 and if you funnel well the aq is in that ks that will kill loons easily.

https://youtu.be/KG5N3lXAjP8
    Check out this strategy it triples all th 9 base
    Just kill cc with heroes and use this strategy
    It helped me a lot as a th9, and i also recommend you to use it