Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Reply to a thread shall be restricted to certain word limit

Reply to a thread shall be restricted to certain word limit

Hi.

I see lot of thread replies that are way more than 5 paragraphs. This is weird because even a marriage invitation would be less than 200 words.

This is a suggestion for supercell to restrict the thread replies to some number of words. I understand if this kind of detail is mentioned while creating a thread but for a thread reply its really awkward. This is like for a question your are writing a question bank and asking the evaluator to choose the right one.

Regards.
    Raghubonu

Any comments are welcome

2.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #2
    No way. You're welcome to make your marriage invitiation any size you like, and users should be free to post 5 paragraphs if they choose.
    SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site

SharkyFinn.com Official Web Site -+- SharkBite YouTube Channel
    USAR (#2GR9YCGR) - Level 20 - 689 Clan War wins
    Private Message - + - Forum Rules - + - Contact on Groupme

Lurking somewhere. Why can’t we smirk in here?
    As someone who checks in a couple of times a day, if I skim a thread of interest, I type comments as I skim, and post them all at once.

I don’t have the time to make a separate “respond with quote” post to every point I see. And when people reply to me, they often pick out one or two comments to reply to. That’s fine. It’s one of the advantages of forums. We’re not on Discord, or twitter or something.

Thanks TerM!

I *still* need a new quote, though. Waiting for just the right one.

Oh, I think there is a limit of 10 000 characters, BB code included.

More than enough to explain one's point of view.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Season 9 changes - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 145♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

On the USS Defiant charting the Delta Quadrant and studying Species P900B00181. Run silent, run deep
    Quote Originally Posted by raghubonu View Post
    Hi.

I see lot of thread replies that are way more than 5 paragraphs. This is weird because even a marriage invitation would be less than 200 words.

This is a suggestion for supercell to restrict the thread replies to some number of words. I understand if this kind of detail is mentioned while creating a thread but for a thread reply its really awkward. This is like for a question your are writing a question bank and asking the evaluator to choose the right one.

Regards.
    Raghubonu

Any comments are welcome
    OP, I don't understand why you compared forum posts to a marriage invitation. It has been a while since I received a wedding invitation on a card. IIRC, all invitations told me who is getting married, the date of the ceremony and banquet, and the location.

In contrast, IMO, replies to forum post require additional details and should inform the readers why the responders agree or disagree with the original post or other replies. Sometimes one or two paragraph will suffice. But more paragraphs may be needed if the responders would like to make their views as clear as possible. Why does it seem "weird" to you that replies took more than five paragraphs?

I think for certain topics, we'll need more paragraphs to express ourselves. Imposing a word limit or paragraph limit will impede our communication. For example, the link below shows a post with more than 5 paragraphs and every one of them is necessary to our understanding, IMO.

https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post12403513

---
    Lynn, Clasher, Farmer, and now also Boomer
    May 26, 2020
    Last edited by LynnK2015; 4 Days Ago at 07:05 PM.
    In what ways am I grateful? Let me count my blessings.
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...essings-Thread