Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Valley Quest - group order request

Centennial Club

Valley Quest - group order request

There seems to be a lot of Valley Quest - complete 1 group order request this season, but I haven't seen any group orders to complete.
    it is hard to search for them with all the cloud now (is there more cloud or is it just me?) and when you click on a building tow or three away from where your are it says too far away drive closer - frustrating to drive closer and not find the group order request.

I've noticed that, too. Group order requests and "fix a broken truck" are mission impossible for me. It's always been impossible to find a broken down truck, but group orders used to be common, and now they aren't.

The clouds are more annoying than they used to be, and it seems like the roads are more circuitous. So often, you look like you're close to something, but it takes a long drive to get there, because of the way the roads are laid out. Seems like it wasn't that bad before.
    Level 211

Can someone tell me how to fix a broken truck when I come by one? I keep tapping on it and literally nothing shows up and nothing happens.

My frustration with this valley is that the elephants are scarce so constantly delivering other animals gives me a disproportionate amount of tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoebeKate View Post
    Can someone tell me how to fix a broken truck when I come by one? I keep tapping on it and literally nothing shows up and nothing happens.
    I think that's a bug. Try closing Hay Day, opening it, and trying again.

I have this problem a lot. Not just with trucks that refused to be fixed, but sometimes getting new orders or filling orders.

The valley, IME, is buggier than a picnic in July.
    Level 211

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    I think that's a bug. Try closing Hay Day, opening it, and trying again.

I have this problem a lot. Not just with trucks that refused to be fixed, but sometimes getting new orders or filling orders.

The valley, IME, is buggier than a picnic in July.
    Same here with the orders. But the scrolls (and maybe blueprints) make it worthwhile for me

Group quest in Sanctuary, starting this season, has an animated exclamation mark over it. You can see the icon on the building with or without cloud, just like animal icon.

However, if you don't see any near you and would like to trigger one, you should move away from other trucks, like more than 6 nodes from any of them. This is not a sure way, but the chance will stay ZERO if you stay close to other trucks. The reason being one building showing an ongoing order to anther truck nearby will never switch to group order if players around that building keep coming online, to trask derby task for example. Also keep in mind you don't need to complete 4 quests perday to reach the last reward/lucky bonus.

The animals don't seem to give specific token. I get some sort of random tokens. And what Janilee said about fixing truck. Restarting Hay Day helps.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Quote Originally Posted by Janilee View Post
    The clouds are more annoying than they used to be, and it seems like the roads are more circuitous. So often, you look like you're close to something, but it takes a long drive to get there, because of the way the roads are laid out. Seems like it wasn't that bad before.
    I agree. I really dislike the current layout. There used to be sanctuaries with a “circle” of buildings around them, so you could go around the circle, picking up animals and filling building requests, and when you were ready to deliver the animals, you didn’t have far to go. Now there are a lot of dead-ends and places you can’t get out of without going back past the same buildings you just went to (which now don’t have requests ready). And as you said, places that appear nearby often aren’t, and sometimes the nearest building—only two nodes away—is so far off that you can’t even see what the request is—and you get a pop-up saying “Too far away, drive closer to see details.”

Also, there used to be quite a few buildings only one node apart, and I haven’t seen any of those with this layout. Instead, there are more buildings that are 3 nodes apart. And I find the many fuel stations really annoying because I don’t want to spend diamonds for fuel, but the stations are usually on my path to the sanctuary—but they’re two nodes away from any building. So instead of using 2 fuel cans to get to a building that gives me tokens, I have to use 4 fuel cans to get to the next building.

Everything about this layout seems to be designed to make us use more gas. At least that’s the effect it’s having on me. In combination with seeing fewer animals—and rarely having them anywhere near me—I’m getting way fewer tokens for my effort than in previous sanctuary seasons. Add to that the most truck breakdowns ever (for me), and this is the least enjoyable and most frustrating season so far.
    Last edited by LuvHayDay; May 21st, 2020 at 06:11 AM.

I have NEVER understood the point of the excessive cloud cover. What exactly are they trying to hide?
    There is this mysterious area of the valley I may need to get to...if only I could see it.....

Quote Originally Posted by Chipfarm View Post
    I have NEVER understood the point of the excessive cloud cover. What exactly are they trying to hide?
    There is this mysterious area of the valley I may need to get to...if only I could see it.....
    Probably hiding the various buildings for daily quests. The rewards are puny, i never bothered. Some quests just get completed by sheer gathering
    of token, otherwise i ignore them. So, to me the cloud cover is pointless.

Quote Originally Posted by Chipfarm View Post
    It's really annoying now, because of the road layout. You can't tell if going down a road will connect with another one, or be a dead end.

I think part of it is that the valley is huuuge. They can't display the whole thing, because nobody has enough memory on their phone or tablet. The clouds let them show only a small portion at a time.
    Level 211