Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: I have an idea about the forum! Language customization

I have an idea about the forum! Language customization

Why not customize the forum by language ? For example, you can turn the forum.supercell.com/tr link into a Turkish community where Turkish clasher comes together. So you can bring together the same language-speaking clasher and make it easier for them to exchange ideas. Sounds like a nice idea. Is not it ?
    Loves from Turkey,
    Have a good day!

This brings up the question as to how it would be moderated as not everyone knows Turkish.
    You might suggest players from Turkey become moderators, but moderators aren't chosen easily.

Added in is the fact that if SC has a forum for Turkish speakers, people from other countries would very likely ask, or even demand, a forum in their own language.
    French, German, Spanish, Russian, Japanese, Chinese, Hindi, Arabic, etc. so forth and so on.

Where would it stop before imploding upon itself?
    By keeping the forum English only it makes it easier to moderate, among other things.
    Last edited by joemann8478; 1 Week Ago at 03:47 AM.

That would also make it where you need so many more supercell moderators, where as right now you need a minimum of 1

Why not customize the forum by language ? For example, you can turn the forum.supercell.com/tr link into a Turkish community where Turkish clasher comes together.
    In my opinion it will just make the forum:

1. cluttered, means more moderation needed, more sub-forums mean more things to keep an eye on
    2. Some moderators may not speak "that" language
    3. It will instigate racial separation between people
    4. Its non beneficial

my take away for number 4 is, English is not my native language, you can check my posts and replies, and you can easily spot my thoughts are somehow all over the place, segregation of people by tongue is discouraging for me, dont you want your english to improve? its challenging man yet its fun!.

Also: Be thankful enough that this forum is kinda have a good hospitality, there are forums out there where EVERYTHING is militarized. If you have an idea, just try to keep it concise with effort ofcourse, no need to worry if your English sucks(am I allowed to use this word?).

I dont see any discrimination in this community so far.
    Last edited by maximooze007; 1 Week Ago at 04:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by aspetbiebs View Post
    Why not customize the forum by language ? For example, you can turn the forum.supercell.com/tr link into a Turkish community where Turkish clasher comes together. So you can bring together the same language-speaking clasher and make it easier for them to exchange ideas. Sounds like a nice idea. Is not it ?
    Loves from Turkey,
    Have a good day!
    You're welcome to create a turkish-based forum or facebook page, many did that, and you could also transfer those ideas here in English

- Uneasy lies the head that wears the crown
    - Some would question if the risk was worth it. The Rest were already dead.
    - OK BOOMER ------------------ 小舟從此逝 江海寄餘生
    - Victory goes not to the able, but to the ambitious.

Forum Superstar
    Sorry. For Turkish speakers in this Finnish game, they just have to accept the lingua franca.

7.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #7
    Forum rule 9 states
    These forums are English only. You may create Groups for your clan/group where you are more than welcome to use any language. The same rules apply to groups that apply to the forums!
    And sorry, but it is going to remain that way.

We could not do this for Turkish without also doing it for all other languages that people asked for, and we simply cannot moderate properly with only the few moderators we have if there are a mutiplicity of languages involved.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)