Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Are there really only a few viable strats at th13 now?

Are there really only a few viable strats at th13 now?

At th13 it seems a lot of attacks I see against me in LL and against our clan in war from th13s are either hybrid or some sort of yeti comps (yetismash, yetibats).

At th12 I remember using pekkasmash, pekkabobat, dragloon, dragbat, lavaloonian, suilalo, and edrags.

That's 7 different strats at th12 vs 3 (counting both yeti comps) at th13.
    I've seen vids on youtube of people using dragloon, dragbat, & aq charge into dragons at th13, but those are rare.
    I tried those strats but they didn't seem as strong as hybrid or the various yeti comps.

Will we see more variety at th13 like we did at th12? Th12 was so much more fun due to the variety of attacks available that were viable; by viable, I mean an attack that can 3 star with minimal mistakes made.
    Th13 seems to be getting a tad redundant with so few viable attacks.
    Maybe I'm just missing something?

Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    At th13 it seems a lot of attacks I see against me in LL and against our clan in war from th13s are either hybrid or some sort of yeti comps (yetismash, yetibats).

At th12 I remember using pekkasmash, pekkabobat, dragloon, dragbat, lavaloonian, suilalo, and edrags.

That's 7 different strats at th12 vs 3 (counting both yeti comps) at th13.
    I've seen vids on youtube of people using dragloon, dragbat, & aq charge into dragons at th13, but those are rare.
    I tried those strats but they didn't seem as strong as hybrid or the various yeti comps.

Will we see more variety at th13 like we did at th12? Th12 was so much more fun due to the variety of attacks available that were viable; by viable, I mean an attack that can 3 star with minimal mistakes made.
    Th13 seems to be getting a tad redundant with so few viable attacks.
    Maybe I'm just missing something?
    So far I am having more success at TH13 as compare to when TH12 was highest TH level using combination of QW, Pekka, Bowler and Witch. Most of it due to RC, and new levels for 3 other Heroes.
    I think at max vs max attacks, TH12 when it was the highest TH level it is more difficult for me, a minimal mistake ruining a 3 star attacks (I have around 20% 3 star rate). I can make more mistakes now at TH13, but still getting fair count of 3 stars (close to 50% war attacks for me individually).

Remember back to HoLoWiWi wiping TH9s like nuts? The base adapted, the start stopped working. Hogs became the mainstay. Remember the dominance of Lalo, then we got a sweeper and nothing changed, then we got a second sweeper and things changed.

Point is, this game is always about slight differences making changes. If one strate dominates, the bases change until that strat doesn't. Then a new strat is developed and dominates, then bases change again (or SC makes a balance change), and we repeat the cycle.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterOz View Post
    Remember back to HoLoWiWi wiping TH9s like nuts? The base adapted, the start stopped working. Hogs became the mainstay. Remember the dominance of Lalo, then we got a sweeper and nothing changed, then we got a second sweeper and things changed.

Point is, this game is always about slight differences making changes. If one strate dominates, the bases change until that strat doesn't. Then a new strat is developed and dominates, then bases change again (or SC makes a balance change), and we repeat the cycle.
    My point is that at th12 the 7 strats I listed were viable against most bases. Sure, not everyone one of those strats worked on every single base. At max th12 I used all 7 of those attacks in LL and I used them in war too. Granted with war you could pick the best strat to 3 star a base, but LL is the luck of the draw.
    Bases didn't really change until the bat spell, but even then dragbat was still fairly strong (in the right hands), as was pekkabobat.

At th13, I was using yetibats for awhile and I still go back to it occasionally. But it just seems that at max th12 there were more viable strats to put into play while at max th13, thus far, there are 3 or so.

Limits like fear are often just an illusion
    Hybrid and Yeti smash are just much stronger than any other attack strategies.They work against most bases while other attacks don't.

At TH12, there were no attack strategy(except Lalo) which was much stronger than others.Lalo was strongest at TH12 but it takes a lot of skill to execute a lalo attack on a good base,.So no one attack strategy was overly used at TH12.

Attacks other than yetis and hybrid are very base dependent just like how attacks were base dependent at TH12.
    For eg.
    Edrag vs TH12 is just as strong as Edrag vs TH13.
    but
    Hybrid/Yetis vs TH13 is much stronger than Edrag vs TH13.

(lalo is an exception to this as Lalo vs TH12 is much stronger than lalo vs TH13 due to scatters at TH13)

So,other strategies are not weak at Th13,it's just that yetis/hybrid is much stronger due to which they are overly used.

Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Fresh Spawn
    Dragons are pretty strong, you could take advantage on the ground xbows meta

As a max TH13 and high league war player, I feel that 13v13 has the most diverse army builds of any TH level. My clan runs at around a 35% triple rate and during 30v30 wars I'll probably see about 10 completely different strategies working.

There are a lot of viable strategies at th13. It's just that most strategies require a more specific base setup while armies like Yetismash or Hybrid can work against seemingly every base.

And imo that is not too different from th12, were the majority of players used Pekkasmash/Pekkabobat all day. It's good to see that more people are doing Queencharges now.

Anyways, I'm doing really well even without Smash or Hybrid. We have enough players in our Clan or in my ESL Team that play those 2 strats. So my Role is to use the less common strategies, especially air strategies.
    And let me tell you, there is always a way to 3 star a base that is neither Hybrid nor Smash. It just requires more planning and creativity, but that's what makes the game interesting for me.

Lake Wobegon, where everyone wins and noone loses 😜
    Quote Originally Posted by Sohei View Post
    As a max TH13 and high league war player, I feel that 13v13 has the most diverse army builds of any TH level. My clan runs at around a 35% triple rate and during 30v30 wars I'll probably see about 10 completely different strategies working.
    With respect OP I have totally the opposite perspective.

I Totally agree with sohei. I have been playing the game since launch and i have never seen such diversity in army combos with 3 star potential at max TH level.

And the combos are not only based on lots of different troop types, but there are lots of different variations as well, often for back end cleanup but also for entries.

so you say yetis, but there are :
    • different troop combos - mass yetis, yeti bowler., yeti pekka bowler, yeti bowler witch, yeti bat
    • different strategies - queen walk, warden walk, smash
    • different siege variations - funnelling blimps, TH blimps, barracks funnelling, wall wrecker entry, slammer backend

Could say the same about dragons, hogs, etc

And with 4 heros and 4 siege engines there are lots of different tactics you can change up even in legend attacks with a 30 second scout

IGN : iftheskyisblue
    CoC : Les Metaliques | TH13
    BB : EU X | HQ23

New Bloke/Chick
    I agree with the op. Most attacks are queen charge with yeti (smash or bowler) or hybrid.
    I'm around 5400 at the moment
    For my last 30 defences
    I have been 3 starred 6 times all ground. 3 yeti bowler, 3 hybrid
    5 e drag attacks. 3 of which were 1 stars.
    I have 3 x bows set to ground.

I'm seeing a few one star attacks with people trying bats. I guess they are trying new things.