Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Are there really only a few viable strats at th13 now?

1.   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #11
    Those are not by any means the only viable strats.

But they are the most versatile, which means they are what gets used most in Legends league.

And then a lot of people will tend to use the strategy they are most comfortable with in war unless they are in really good war clans, so the common Legends strategies tend to also be the most common war strategies.

Though even there, a quick check through my LL defence log for my 2nd account, and while Hybrid or some Yeti strategy are the most common, there are a fair few Bowitch, a few edrags, and a few different (BoVa anyone?). And the Yeti attacks are varied between Bowlers and Witches as the other main troop.

Only been tripled once in the entire log for that base (yeti-Bowler attack).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grill View Post
    But when something like an update is to be expected all stupid breaks loose and it just becomes an idiot storm of catastrophic proportion.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Maverick View Post
    Any more balance to th10 will make th10 broken...
    My stats (main account)

New Bloke/Chick
    I think when the word viable is used it's in reference to throphy pushing. I think you need to use those attacks to get to the next level. I probably could do better if I switched from e drag but I usually just do a month with different strategy... most of my 3 star defences was when I got close to 5480 ish... there seems to be a big jump in qulitity of attack.

Only 1 3 star.... can I get a copy of that base....lol

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by joemann8478 View Post
    At th13 it seems a lot of attacks I see against me in LL and against our clan in war from th13s are either hybrid or some sort of yeti comps (yetismash, yetibats).

At th12 I remember using pekkasmash, pekkabobat, dragloon, dragbat, lavaloonian, suilalo, and edrags.

That's 7 different strats at th12 vs 3 (counting both yeti comps) at th13.
    I've seen vids on youtube of people using dragloon, dragbat, & aq charge into dragons at th13, but those are rare.
    I tried those strats but they didn't seem as strong as hybrid or the various yeti comps.

Will we see more variety at th13 like we did at th12? Th12 was so much more fun due to the variety of attacks available that were viable; by viable, I mean an attack that can 3 star with minimal mistakes made.
    Th13 seems to be getting a tad redundant with so few viable attacks.
    Maybe I'm just missing something?
    There are more viable strats but I think because many TH13 are in LL and in LL you have to attack the base you are given then you have to take an army comp that is flexible and this is why, I think, we don't see much variety in attack composition or base design.
    If we had a way to scout bases 1st in LL I think then we'd see a lot more variety being used.

Hybrid and Yeti attacks are generally a bit easier to get the hang of which might contribute to why they’re so popular.

TH13 actually has quite a bit of diversity in higher legends. I hover at 5300-5500 and when I get higher i see some dragon attacks and Sui LaLo (as well as hybrid and all that stuff.)

Especially in wars, armies are diverse at th13. The lack of diversity in legends might be due to having to attack any type of base

Why base ur list of viable strategies on what others are using? Use whatever strategy u prefer, practice, hone your skills... Those 7 strategies u mentioned for th12 are still viable at 13 u know

Quote Originally Posted by ireid View Post
    I think when the word viable is used it's in reference to throphy pushing. I think you need to use those attacks to get to the next level. I probably could do better if I switched from e drag but I usually just do a month with different strategy... most of my 3 star defences was when I got close to 5480 ish... there seems to be a big jump in qulitity of attack.

Only 1 3 star.... can I get a copy of that base....lol
    It is very hard to 3 star now against a max base. I don't remember the last time I was 3 starred in legends, but there isn't a 3 star attack on my defense log, which is 30+ defenses. I'm sure my next defense will be 3 lol.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. How is war map placement of max halls determined?, see answer here. Thank you SC for the new legends! However, how to fight collusion here.

Fresh Spawn
    Hybrid 95% of the time and 5% Yeti Spam (4 ice, 12 yetis, 4 quake, jump, rest rage, hogs in siege barracks). I see drag bat and valks getting used but its really base dependent.
    My CoC YouTube channel <- Legend League Triples

Speaking of Legend, ive been attacked 8 out of 10 (maybe more) by yetti bowler, in the last 2 months i guess.
    Rest is hybrid and electro, once in a while. Havent seen yet any LaLo attacks.

So i think OP is right, the variation is much less then TH12. Even if people still use balloons, the percentage is way to low compared to previous TH's. Or the percentage of electro or hybrid or pekka or anything out there, besides yetti armies.