Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Recruiting - itís painful

Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCatholic View Post
    I have the similar problem. We want to recruit, but how? How are we going to find people if there's no CHAT TO RECRUIT IN. Who's bright idea was it to remove the only decent way to recruit, in a game, that requires LOTS of communication? I doubt I'm gonna get an answer, but it's worth a shot.
    Global is gone.

Go to looking for clanmates, waiy for daily bumps, search thst clan, invite their members. It's a dirty method but you got that in the name!

Millennial Club
    Agree with you.

I’m finding it hard to believe so many are struggling to find Clashers that want to Join their Well Organised, Motivated, Active Friendly Clans..
    can understand if they’re Struggling to Find “Decent Applicants” - That’s a different Story

Quote Originally Posted by SaYNaNaFoO View Post
    Global is gone.

Go to looking for clanmates, waiy for daily bumps, search thst clan, invite their members. It's a dirty method but you got that in the name!

i blame CWL. currently running 15s. 8 short of 30, no-one wants to stay if they cant be *in this cwl now!* .. And as were in Master III, its all th13's, so 11s, and 12s dont want to stick around either. Most max 13s dont want to stay, they want to be 'in the best clan there is' at that point. Sure, I suppose I could let in a bunch of th8 to 10s, but who want to drop out of masters for less medals?

Millennial Club
    I will agree with you about the “Demand to be in CWL” & I can understand that. However, even after it’s explained to Clashers about the Standard / Level of Opponents they’ll more than likely encounter, we found we got the “to be expected Moans” of “I can’t do nothing against a TH12 - it’s not fair” & they don’t bother.

Maybe “In Time” Supercell could develop CWL Leagues for Entrants that were for example TH10 or Below with Lower Rewards as maybe a Feeder CWL before progression to the Full CWL - that way, the lower TH’s won’t lose interest.

Quote Originally Posted by BloodPurchased View Post
    i blame CWL. currently running 15s. 8 short of 30, no-one wants to stay if they cant be *in this cwl now!* .. And as were in Master III, its all th13's, so 11s, and 12s dont want to stick around either. Most max 13s dont want to stay, they want to be 'in the best clan there is' at that point. Sure, I suppose I could let in a bunch of th8 to 10s, but who want to drop out of masters for less medals?

Quote Originally Posted by PabloB View Post
    I will agree with you about the “Demand to be in CWL” & I can understand that. However, even after it’s explained to Clashers about the Standard / Level of Opponents they’ll more than likely encounter, we found we got the “to be expected Moans” of “I can’t do nothing against a TH12 - it’s not fair” & they don’t bother.

Maybe “In Time” Supercell could develop CWL Leagues for Entrants that were for example TH10 or Below with Lower Rewards as maybe a Feeder CWL before progression to the Full CWL - that way, the lower TH’s won’t lose interest.
    I doubt SC will introduce a secondary version of CWL to accommodate those lower halls..
    It would potentially slow down or stagnate the game in general if an alternative to "bigger is better" were introduced..
    As well as shrinking the potential player base involved with the main event.

Initially the system was playable for any size account, either by accident or by design..
    The unweighted matching is what guarantees any size any shape the potential to play..
    Lower value rosters were simply spawned into a lower tier..

But given the nature of the system, now even the lower tiers are populated by varying weighted teams now..
    Still, if those lower accounts arent overly lacking, then war day activity is usually enough to push thru to gold 2, or maybe even gold 1..

But account growth and farming needs to be the main focus for the majority of clans that sign up each month..
    And account growth and farming needs to be the focus for those individuals that arent big enough to make it onto the war day roster, rather than SC splitting the system into 2 separate entities..

Either that, or find a clan that can cater for their size (or lack of)..
    Is where feeder clans come into their own.. And since they are independent of the main clan with their spins, they can find their own level.

If I am a th8 (I have 3) I donít expect to Ďpush upí in CWL. It is enough to be content, participate, and earn medals. The problem is not with CWL. The problem is that all 100,000 clans expect to push up every war until they are in the top league and then fragment whenever that doesnít happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RaWF View Post
    Honestly other than saying itíll get better Iím not sure what theyíre doing, but itís honestly awful, weíre a level 16 clan a lot of us are maxed but weíre not even looking for maxed players just active and in the right region, itís crazy that global chat was a million times easier to recruit players than a tool designed for recruiting players.
    Its not crazy that somewhere whereby people can interact and communicate is better than any system that purely deals in visuals..
    It is a no brainer which of the 2 would be preferable for anyone looking for new members (or indeed a new clan), as specifics can be discussed, and an interview process can be conducted.

Unfortunately, the anonymity and impersonal nature of using player tags and UI can bring out the worst in people..
    There is little by way of consequence for those whom decide its okay to act as one likes on chat sites..
    That helps create a platform whereby those of a more predatory nature can lure in the more vulnerable and naive users.

So, numbers is all we have..
    And no matter how good one thinks their own offerings are in an impersonal environment..
    those that are looking will always have other offers available to them..
    And what one offers may not be what they are looking for, even if the numbers are superior to those others..

I agree location should be the the first and foremost requirement offered with the tool..
    because once you can communicate, anything else can be resolved, even if its a secondary action once they roll in.

To add clarity.

Getting members isnít an issue.

Finding Good / suitable members in the headache.

Itís become a real case of constantly letting people in, trying to have a conversation then kicking quite quickly, if itís evident theyíre not right.

As someone posted above, CWL offers an additional challenge. As weíre champs 3, we canít satisfy the TH11, thatís demands to be in CWL.