Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Recruiting - it’s painful

I would be happy if they wouldn't show players with full inboxes. ten minutes of looking for a player only to find out they cant receive my invite.

Click here for my clan

Quote Originally Posted by Truest1r View Post
    I would be happy if they wouldn't show players with full inboxes. ten minutes of looking for a player only to find out they cant receive my invite.
    And add banned bases to that list and the pool of potentials grows even smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by FMdC92 View Post
    Don't try to understand the forums. It's a magical land of disagreement and ego self-inflation. Keep your head down and try to survive..

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post

I agree we need a better language filter. Since language is ruled out
    Huh? What do you mean ‘language is ruled out’? Are you saying SC ruled out ‘fixing’ a language option in recruiting? Surely that is not true. Lol. Sounds like an ‘easy fix’. A button for the player. A button for the searcher. And seems like one of the primary ‘fixes’ to the tool. If you can’t communicate all else fails. If you can all other questions can be resolved. I am surprised language options are still not available. If language barriers cause people to give up building a tower that was already started how can they succeed discussing evolving attack tactics or war strategy?
    Last edited by JD4U; 1 Week Ago at 01:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JD4U View Post
    Huh? What do you mean ‘language is ruled out’? Are you saying SC ruled out ‘fixing’ a language option in recruiting? Surely that is not true. Lol. Sounds like an ‘easy fix’. A button for the player. A button for the searcher. And seems like one of the primary ‘fixes’ to the tool. If you can’t communicate all else fails. If you can all other questions can be resolved. I am surprised language options are still not available. If language barriers cause people to give up building a tower that was already started how can they succeed discussing evolving attack tactics or war strategy?
    Yup, ruled out - meaning they think the machine learning they are doing behind the scenes will fix this eventually. FWIW, I haven't seen too much of a difference yet, I still see plenty names in languages (well, character sets anyway) that I don't understand.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots

Millennial Club
    Take it you’ve Placed an Advert on the Forum Page stating your Requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by PabloB View Post
    Take it you’ve Placed an Advert on the Forum Page stating your Requirements?
    Yes, tried a couple of times. Hardly that effective. What % of the Clash Community just play clash? Maybe 5% come to the forums?

Millennial Club
    “Quality rather than Quantity”

Quote Originally Posted by Adoniso View Post
    Yes, tried a couple of times. Hardly that effective. What % of the Clash Community just play clash? Maybe 5% come to the forums?

Quote Originally Posted by Adoniso View Post
    I would be amazed if it is that high.
    Clash of stats is tracking around 37 million active accounts.

As of this posting 82 people have viewed this thread.
    I truly believe the recruitment tool will improve over time. Please read my posts on this topic not as complaints, but as a polite request for improvement. Often I include a suggestion, or an observation of an existing function that could improve the tool.
    Before we throw the baby out with the bath, I would like to remind you that recruiting in global was no picnic either. Mostly hoppers, very few serious players.

I have the similar problem. We want to recruit, but how? How are we going to find people if there's no CHAT TO RECRUIT IN. Who's bright idea was it to remove the only decent way to recruit, in a game, that requires LOTS of communication? I doubt I'm gonna get an answer, but it's worth a shot.

Had a quick read through this thread, I honestly don’t think the issue is as big as it’s stated! We’ve overflowed our first clan and we now have an active second clan. Finding members is not an issue.

I have a system to my recruiting through the in-game tool:

Firstly the name.... we are an English speaking clan so want to recruit people who speak English. You can mostly tell where a member is from, with their name.

Secondly, I look at their attacks over the season. If they’re attacking at least once a day, then they could be suitable, as we’re after players who are active daily.

Thirdly, I look at their donations. If they don’t have many donations in comparison to how they’ve progressed in the game, then I don’t invite.

The trick is to not invite everyone you see in that long list when you click ‘Find New Members’. But be selective with who you want to invite.

However I do agree that the system is not flawless. Language(s) spoken would be an excellent addition, an idea I can really get behind.

EDIT: Another thing that I forgot to mention was that as a leader you constantly need to be keeping on top of your clan. By that, I mean that you should be kicking any inactive players, anyone who doesn’t attack in war, etc etc. That will keep the majority of your active players too.
    Last edited by Karmanator; 6 Days Ago at 12:22 PM.