Thread: Would you like a Bunny derby guide?

Would you like a Bunny derby guide?

Our 3rd ever Bunny derby is going and there are still a lot of confusion about fluffy bunnies, its timer and the strategies around it.

While I have no plan to take over Help&Support job (they speak way more languages and can reach millions of players), I could however write up some illustrated guide with my own observations + reading from the communities experiences. Someone suggested that an AdvoCat made guide (such as Friend Book guide or Basic Valley rules) could be helpful for future reference when Bunny Derby comes again.

If you feel the same, I would need your help for this guide, there might be things that are obvious for me but not so for others. Please share in this thread the issues from your perspective, what confuses you most, what you want to know.... I appreciate any question about Bunny Derby you could have, even the one you might think obvious.

Part of enjoying the game is discovering some game mysteries, I will also try to preserve that aspect in the guide if it does not alter Bunny derby understanding (like best strategies within a hood).
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Season 9 changes - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 145♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Hi meo, thx for all ur help understanding the bunny derby. I think it would be great to have a reference that lists known facts and helps clarify some points of confusion that I’ve observed seem to come up repeatedly and esp for new players such as:

1) #bunny tasks required to catch a bunny and obtain an extra reward column varies with #derby participants—link to thread with this info or hay day wiki page
    2) bunny rewards include permits and puzzle pieces amongst the “usual things” (I haven’t seen blueprint or deco yet, but I don’t think that means they won’t appear)
    3) first derby task taken will never be a bunny task, but will trigger timer for next bunny time
    4) bunny task does not need to be completed during bunny time, but it is a good idea to take a task during bunny time
    5) bunnies appear on day 1 (bunny#1), day 2 (bunny#2), and day 4 (bunny#3) of the derby (at least this has been the pattern so far and I’m sure u know the exact times). Note bunny#1 has not been released yet when the derby starts.
    6) A completed bunny task will only count towards catching a bunny if there is a bunny counter on the racetrack. Once a bunny is caught, any further bunny tasks completed before the next bunny has arrived will not count towards catching the next bunny. But if a member has a bunny task they can complete after the next bunny arrives, they can hang onto it and completing it after next bunny arrives will count towards catching the next bunny.
    7) if bunny is caught outside of bunny time, “next bunny time in xxx” doesn’t announce arrival of next bunny but is just timer continuing to run down after last 10 min bunny time expired. Once time runs out, it will correctly display next bunny time. Timer doesn’t reset immediately when bunny is caught
    8) bunnies arrive 100 min prior to announced bunny time and will trigger bunny time in x sec
    9) leaving game too quickly so timer countdown not actually registered with SC servers. Stay on a little longer or ur tip for possibly planting a lily for timer comparison

I think I have it easy because I’m solo derbier and it is much more complex in multimember hood where ppl logging on at different times and performing various actions can affect timer so perhaps some useful tips for them:

1) how to maximize bunny times for multi member hood

thats all I can think of for now. If more comes to mind later I will add.

Thx so much for all ur help so we have a better understanding of this new derby type! U r truly AdvoCat Extraordinaire!
    Last edited by QBIE; 2 Weeks Ago at 08:25 PM.

Haha, thanks. I think you sum it up pretty much, meaning reading different posts on forum are enough.
    I asked because the game will improve in no time. Those who care already spent time reading and understood how it works, those who don't might not even be affected by not understanding and might decide to skip the Bunnies.

If my work can't be helpful in a long term for players, I prefer not investing too much time into this for now.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Season 9 changes - Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 145♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Seemed questions were coming from different areas in the forum I thought one central place to direct folks would be good. Thank u for asking the community, but as the resounding response has only been the chirping of crickets I agree it doesn’t make sense for u to put forth the effort on this but to use your Extraordinary AdvoCat energy elsewhere.