Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you like a Bunny derby guide?

Would you like a Bunny derby guide?

Our 3rd ever Bunny derby is going and there are still a lot of confusion about fluffy bunnies, its timer and the strategies around it.

While I have no plan to take over Help&Support job (they speak way more languages and can reach millions of players), I could however write up some illustrated guide with my own observations + reading from the communities experiences. Someone suggested that an AdvoCat made guide (such as Friend Book guide or Basic Valley rules) could be helpful for future reference when Bunny Derby comes again.

If you feel the same, I would need your help for this guide, there might be things that are obvious for me but not so for others. Please share in this thread the issues from your perspective, what confuses you most, what you want to know.... I appreciate any question about Bunny Derby you could have, even the one you might think obvious.

Part of enjoying the game is discovering some game mysteries, I will also try to preserve that aspect in the guide if it does not alter Bunny derby understanding (like best strategies within a hood).

----- Little parts of information made easy to share -----

----- Bunny arrivals -----
    Quote Originally Posted by Support
    "For reference, bunnies spawn approximately in this order: 1st Bunny spawns ~6 hours in; 2nd Bunny ~1,5 days in and the 3rd one ~3,5 days in."
    Thanks purpleclove for sharing!

Bunny arrival (CW 26): #1 on Mon 12:35 ; #2 at Wed 18:48 ; #3 on Fri 17:51. Time in UTC in 24h format hh:mm.

----- Bunny derby history -----
    1. Normal Bunny____ 7 Apr 2020 (CW 15) (#1 Bunny about 15min in)
    2. Mystery Bunny___ 28 Apr 2020 (CW 18) (#1 Bunny about 2h in)
    3. Normal Bunny___ 12 May 2020 (CW 20) (#1 Bunny about 6h in)
    4. Normal Bunny____ 2 Jun 2020 (CW 23)
    5. Power Bunny_____23 Jun 2020 (CW26)

For future reference (time in UTC in 24h format hh:mm):
    Bunny arrival (CW 23): #1 around Tue 12:33 ; #2 around Wed 18:50 ; #3 around Fri 17:51

----- Bunny time fact (till before Summer 2020 update) -----
    - tbd

----- ------
    Last edited by meonhoc; June 27th, 2020 at 02:23 PM.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Valley info : Map - Basic rules - Chicken - Fuel station - Lucky bonus

#AdvoCat :: Hay Day Lv 147♩♬ :: Defenseless TH10 :: Rushed TH12 ::

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Hi meo, thx for all ur help understanding the bunny derby. I think it would be great to have a reference that lists known facts and helps clarify some points of confusion that I’ve observed seem to come up repeatedly and esp for new players such as:

1. #Bunny tasks required to catch a bunny and obtain an extra reward column varies with #derby participants. It is the same for Mystery Bunny and Power Bunny derbies, but it is increased for Chill Bunny derby. Go to the Hay Day Wiki website on Derby Types and scroll down to Bunny Derby to see the most updated info: https://hayday.fandom.com/wiki/Derby_Types
    2. Bunny rewards include permits and puzzle pieces amongst the “usual things” (I haven’t seen blueprint or deco yet, but I don’t think that means they won’t appear). See meonhoc's post below for more info on bunny rewards
    3. The first derby task taken will never be a bunny task, but will trigger the timer for next bunny time
    4. Bunny tasks do not need to be completed during bunny time, but it is a good idea to take a task during bunny time
    5. There are always 3 bunnies to catch. Bunnies appear on day 1 (bunny#1), day 2 (bunny#2), and day 4 (bunny#3) of the derby (at least this has been the pattern so far and I’m sure u know the exact times). Note bunny#1 has not been released yet when the derby starts.
    6. Bunnies arrive 100 min prior to announced bunny time (see meonhoc’s post above for bunny arrival times) and will trigger bunny time in x sec, starting a cycle of 10 min bunny time followed by a 90 min break that repeats until the bunny is caught.
    7. A completed bunny task will only count towards catching a bunny if there is a bunny counter on the racetrack. Once a bunny is caught, any further bunny tasks completed before the next bunny has arrived will not count towards catching the next bunny. But if a member has a bunny task they can complete after the next bunny arrives, they can hang onto it and completing it after next bunny arrives will count towards catching the next bunny.
    8. If a bunny is caught outside of bunny time, “Next bunny time in: xxx” doesn’t announce the arrival of the next bunny but is just the timer continuing to run down after the last 10 min bunny time expired. Once time runs out, it will correctly display the next bunny time. If a bunny is caught during bunny time, after the 10 min bunny time runs out, the timer will correctly display the next bunny time. The timer doesn’t reset immediately when a bunny is caught unless the next bunny has already been released (see #13 below).
    9. Once a bunny is caught there will be no further bunny times until the next bunny arrives.
    10. Next bunny time is most accurate when it is <24hr away and displays in xxhr xxmin. When next bunny time is >=1day away and only displays in xxday xxhr it is less accurate because it could mean xxday xxhr and anywhere between 0 to 59min. Because it does not display the minutes yet, depending on when you looked, you could be up to an hour off.
    11. If no one has been on the game when the next bunny arrives, the first person to log on the game will see it’s bunny time, starting the cycle of 10 min bunny time followed by 90 min wait time
    12. If a player is on before the bunny arrives and has the derby task window open watching the timer countdown, this creates an “out of sync” issue and will actually “delay” the bunny’s arrival. Either close and reopen the derby task window or switch to the racetrack tab to trigger the timer to refresh and bring the bunny in. Note the bunny does not arrive exactly when the timer changes to 1hr and 40 min left but there is a lag of several seconds.
    13. If a bunny has not been caught yet and the next bunny already released, as soon as the first bunny is caught, the next one will arrive, starting a new cycle of 10 min bunny time followed by 90 min wait time. If timed well, all 3 bunnies can come in succession and bunny time “prolonged” up to 30min.
    14. If you leave the game too quickly, the start of timer countdown may not get logged in SC servers so the next time you log on, it still says next bunny time in 1hr 30min. Try staying on a little longer or try meonhoc’s suggestion of planting a lily (ready to harvest in 90 min) as another in-game timer for comparison.
    15. It has been reported that a member, though opted out of derby, may still be able to affect the bunny timer—yikes!

I think I have it easy because I’m a solo derbier and it is much more complex in a multimember hood where ppl logging on at different times and performing various actions can affect the timer so perhaps some useful tips for them:

1. How to maximize bunny times for multi member hood

Thats all I can think of for now. If more comes to mind later I will add.

Thx so much for all ur help so we have a better understanding of this new derby type! U r truly AdvoCat Extraordinaire!
    Last edited by QBIE; 6 Days Ago at 05:27 AM. Reason: Rearrange existing info for better flow and new info in red added for further clarification

Haha, thanks. I think you sum it up pretty much, meaning reading different posts on forum are enough.
    I asked because the game will improve in no time. Those who care already spent time reading and understood how it works, those who don't might not even be affected by not understanding and might decide to skip the Bunnies.

If my work can't be helpful in a long term for players, I prefer not investing too much time into this for now.
    Welcome to the forum *Meow* ! Official Support : Choose your game. Report abuse/spam - UTC Time conversion (add your city)

Seemed questions were coming from different areas in the forum I thought one central place to direct folks would be good. Thank u for asking the community, but as the resounding response has only been the chirping of crickets I agree it doesnít make sense for u to put forth the effort on this but to use your Extraordinary AdvoCat energy elsewhere.

Pro Member
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA

A bit confused as to when the bunnies will come....

5) bunnies appear on day 1 (bunny#1), day 2 (bunny#2), and day 4 (bunny#3) of the derby (at least this has been the pattern so far and Iím sure u know the exact times). Note bunny#1 has not been released yet when the derby starts.

Hi Meonhoc and Qbie,
    Qbie says "I'm sure u know the exact times." Could you please review when the exact times had been for the bunnies? I will be playing solo, so it will not be a problem of having somebody else logging in when I'm not around. I remember way back at the first bunny derby, the first bunny appeared as soon as I took a task, but I cannot remember exactly when that was...something like 3-5 hours after the official begin time (8 UTC). At the second bunny derby, I took the first task close to 8 UTC and the first bunny didn't appear for something like 5 hours.

What is the theory as to when the first bunny will appear?

Twice we were surprised that the 2nd bunny came way early, and Qbie wrote "(8) bunnies arrive 100 min prior to announced bunny time and will trigger bunny time in x sec". I didn' have any "announced bunny time" so I have no inkling when it would appear. I relied on what people were saying in the forum but I got all confused.

H Xtalline,

I had submited the same question to Hay Day a couple of weeks ago and here was what they replied as guideline :

"For reference, bunnies spawn approximately in this order: 1st Bunny spawns ~6 hours in; 2nd Bunny ~1,5 days in and the 3rd one ~3,5 days in."

The bunny tasks will only start to appear 6 hours after derby starts. 2 nd bunny will be 1.5 days after the derby starts and 3 rd bunny will be 3.5 days after derby starts. My understanding is that the earlier you catch the first bunny, the longer you will have to wait for the second bunny to start spawning. Hope this helps.

Pro Member
    alternate between San Diego and Baltimore, USA
    Quote Originally Posted by purpleclove View Post
    H Xtalline,

I had submited the same question to Hay Day a couple of weeks ago and here was what they replied as guideline :

The bunny tasks will only start to appear 6 hours after derby starts. 2 nd bunny will be 1.5 days after the derby starts and 3 rd bunny will be 3.5 days after derby starts. My understanding is that the earlier you catch the first bunny, the longer you will have to wait for the second bunny to start spawning. Hope this helps.

Purpleclove, Mega thanks for the info!!

Xtalline, QBIE was nice and probable meant that I would be able to track down various conversation/screenshots to nail down the exact Bunny time in the past. Not totally false, knowing me. But it wasn't the same in the past derby while the team was still figuring out how to balance Bunny arrivals.

Good news that Support have sent those info. This approximate timeline was effective in place during the last Bunny derby starting on 12th May 2020. During the first bunny derbies, the time for 1st Bunny arrival was not the same (much shorter).

For the record, this Bunny derby starting on 2nd June (give or take 1 minute):
    - 1st Bunny arrives at 12:33 PM UTC time on 2nd June 2020 (which is only 4h33 in)
    - 2nd Bunny expected at 18:50 UTC on 3rd June 2020 (time announced "Next Bunny time" in the game will have an extra 100 min). This would be only 1d 10h 50min in.
    - 3rd Bunny expected at 17:51 min UTC on 5th June 2020, always 100m early. This would be 3 days 9h 51min in.
    Last edited by meonhoc; June 6th, 2020 at 03:50 AM. Reason: I messed up the time calculus ...

Thx meonhoc. See I knew u would be keeping a record

Sorry Xtalline, I am asleep when derby starts and by the time I’ve taken my first derby task (not first bunny task), bunny #1 has already been released. I am also slow and have never caught bunny 1 until bunny 2 was already released so like u, dont know when bunny 2 arrives but have relied on posts from others.

But i do know the past 2 derbies that bunny time for bunny 3 was Friday at 1230 my time (pacific time zone—pls note I observe daylight savings time which we r currently in). This was where I tested and confirmed meonhoc’s observation that bunny arrives 100 min earlier at 10:50 PDT.

I hope this helps!

————————————

update #1: just caught bunny #1. My timer says next bunny time is 6/3 at 1330, so expecting bunny #2 100min earlier = 1150 PDT.

————————————

update #2:
    - reconfirmed bunnies still arriving 100 min earlier than announced bunny time. Bunny 2 appeared Wednesday 6/3/20 @1150 PDT
    - bunny time for bunny #3 is Fri 6/5/20 @1230 PDT. Expecting bunny #3 100min early = 1050 PDT
    Last edited by QBIE; June 4th, 2020 at 07:53 PM.

Some possible Bunny column rewards observed so far:

- Voucher of all 4 colours
    - Expansion/Upgrade material for barn upgrade, silo upgrade and land expansion (not town land expansion).
    - Permit/ Puzzle Piece : 1 per item per column
    - Diamond: 5 diamonds per column
    - Booster of 4 or 5 stars: time reduction for Tom, free Rose, free Ernest, fill boat crate.

Concerning voucher and material, the amount of each reward increases with league and bunny caught. For example, 3rd Bunny caught give more 5 golden vouchers in Champion league but only 3 golden vouchers in Rookie league. Similarly, 5 planks instead of 3 planks.

No other type of rewards such as farm products or axe, dynamites.... observed so far by the time I write this. Which mean if you choose to shuffle, you have higher chance to get what you want. Placing first in any league usually give you 3 EM max. If you are concerned about taking extra task to stay in Champion, please also consider savign that extra task for next week to climb back to Champion + extra rewards of top 3.