Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: What actually is a good use of gems?

Fresh Spawn

What actually is a good use of gems?

Sorry if this is something that gets asked a lot
    I’ve just come back from a hiatus from the game - got a mid townhall 12 with 3,000 gems and a mid th11 sigh 4,600 gems
    I’ve always been someone who hoards premium currency in games, but it’s starting to seem like a waste... what is it worthwhile to spend gems on and how many should I never drop below?https://nox.tips/ https://xender.vip https://testmyspeed.onl
    Last edited by raj4224; May 14th, 2020 at 07:22 AM.

Warriors are OP
    Generally buying items in the daily deal store can be some of the best use you will get out of them although be careful not all the deals are worth it. Books tend to be the best option, but for instance buying a training boost potion is not bad value over the regular price of boosting. Buying resources directly is about the worse use of gems.

Best use of gems:
    For starters : Use gems to buy all the builders.
    Gems to buy training potion/hero books from trader.
    If you are out of training potions and medals, you can use gems too boost your army.
    If you have gold pass then you can use 1gem to donate bigger troops like lava/edrag/pekka or siege.

If you are into competitive wars and like base building then buying extra war layout slot is worth it.I personally have bought all slots on all of my th13s.

Worst use of gems:
    1.Buying resources.
    2.Gemming gold pass.
    3.Removing cooldown from Clan Games challenges.
    4. Gemming your complete army.(I do it a lot personally when I do a horrible attack in war to try to fix it with my 2nd attack.)
    5.Using 1-gem donation for even small troops like archer,barb,gobs,wiz.
    Wanna join a Competitive all TH13 Champs 1 war clan?Click here

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Centennial Club
    Buying builder is the best use of gems
    After that it will become as a medicine use it when you feel you need it most
    Example I don't need magical items daily but sometimes when my storages are overflowing I will buy Hero book from trader (if available near by)
    If I don't have enough resource purchasing book is waste
    So fullfilling the most needed requirement is the best use of gems

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post

Worst use of gems:
    1.Buying resources.
    2.Gemming gold pass.
    3.Removing cooldown from Clan Games challenges.
    4. Gemming your complete army.(I do it a lot personally when I do a horrible attack in war to try to fix it with my 2nd attack.)
    5.Using 1-gem donation for even small troops like archer,barb,gobs,wiz.
    To add to this, buying shields is a waste of gems too
    | BK 70 | AQ 70 | GW 48 | RC 14 |

A good use of gems is using them for whatever you, personally, value the most. My or anyone else's opinion on the matter is irrelevant.

Some people feel they need resources more than anything else. This doesn't make those gems "wasted" as that person used them for what they valued the most. This type of person might not play the game much and wants to start that next upgrade now so it's there the next time they log on. Others who play more will say this is a huge waste as resources are easy to get.

So, if you intend on playing a lot upon your return Rak's advice is about all you need. If you don't intend on playing much, most people's opinions here probably do not fit what you will value.
    TMBG War Clan always recruiting - Wars with TH8-12
    TMBG Discord server:
    https://discord.gg/aXdgW6w
    TH11 - Doctor Worm 45/50/15 heroes
    TH12 - doug 50/57/28 heroes

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    Best use of gems:
    For starters : Use gems to buy all the builders.
    Let me go one step further - I would recommend you not spend a single gem on anything until you have bought the builders.

With everything else, there is some wiggle room, and personal tastes will play a role.

Clash of Stats: #L8CCQ8UJ | #PP0R9VGJR
    Thanks to TerMinus Prime for the awesome sig/avatar!
    Forum Titles | About Reputation | Reputation Dots | Images

Centennial Club
    Personally I'm starting to put them aside with TH14 in mind. Same with medals - Just trying to make sure I'm in a strong position to upgrade key items quickly.

It's not urgent (obvs) so I will probably use some to speed up the next major upgrade.

To answer the question directly I think the best use is speeding up progress on major releases to get new troops or defense built and upgraded quickly.

If you are active, the best use of gems are gems that allow you to play more: training boost. I recommend buying the 25 gem training boost every time you can and of course take the free one that comes up. That allows you to play faster to get more loot.

The occasional one gem boost is even better and I recommend using that for collectors or training when those come up.

The 500 gem hero book for sale by the trader is a good use if you plan to war and are in a clan that cares about winning.

I almost never use gems for anything else other than these few things.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Forum Superstar
    After buying builders, then the only thing i use gems for is hero books. I may have used gems every blue moon to finish off an upgrade after a recent TH upgrade, but that's it.