Thread: Annoying scambots joining open clans

Fresh Spawn

Annoying scambots joining open clans

Hello there, I would like to report something that has been a problem ever since the global chat existed in the first place, but got even worse since it's removal. I personally find this as a serious issue as these random "people" keep joining, sending a scam message, and leaving random open clans, and it happens every time a few slots are freed up. Personally I find it obvious that these links cause only trouble, but I would love if there was a solution for this, as I fear there are people who easily fall for these traps and they also make it harder for the clans to recruit more people, blow the chat away, making it impossible to scroll too far back sometimes.
    These spambots are usually "players" called "You" or something Korean/Chinese (which I don't speak, so I only assume) and the only join everytime for one message Which either contains a bunch of suspicious links, or something similar, then leaves. These bots are probably smart enough not to spam, so one bot most likely sends the link and waits before doing it so, but since it happens every time a slot frees up, I assume there is plenty of them.
    I would love if there was a solution for this. In case this post already existed somewhere (which I searched for before posting, yet couldn't find similar) or it's not the proper thread for it, please let me know, and I apologize in advance.
    I made this post priorly to spread awareness about the situation, and if it's possible, to find a solution for it, as of course we have plenty of options for clan recruitments, but the main problem here is the scam opportunity some people have.

Quote Originally Posted by PMGxMichael View Post
    Hello there, I would like to report something that has been a problem ever since the global chat existed in the first place, but got even worse since it's removal. I personally find this as a serious issue as these random "people" keep joining, sending a scam message, and leaving random open clans, and it happens every time a few slots are freed up. Personally I find it obvious that these links cause only trouble, but I would love if there was a solution for this, as I fear there are people who easily fall for these traps and they also make it harder for the clans to recruit more people, blow the chat away, making it impossible to scroll too far back sometimes.
    These spambots are usually "players" called "You" or something Korean/Chinese (which I don't speak, so I only assume) and the only join everytime for one message Which either contains a bunch of suspicious links, or something similar, then leaves. These bots are probably smart enough not to spam, so one bot most likely sends the link and waits before doing it so, but since it happens every time a slot frees up, I assume there is plenty of them.
    I would love if there was a solution for this. In case this post already existed somewhere (which I searched for before posting, yet couldn't find similar) or it's not the proper thread for it, please let me know, and I apologize in advance.
    I made this post priorly to spread awareness about the situation, and if it's possible, to find a solution for it, as of course we have plenty of options for clan recruitments, but the main problem here is the scam opportunity some people have.
    Rase your trophy level, report them in game.

Waiting beside my human bestie to throw my favorite ball
    Quote Originally Posted by Tollboothwillie View Post
    Rase your trophy level, report them in game.
    Another way is to set your clan to "Invite Only" or you can raise your TH/BH level requirement.

Yes, you'll have to "close" your clan but that is one of the only ways (outside of setting your clan to "Close") to stop these scammers.

Even these scambots are not joining my clan