Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Forum Friday Fun #6 - What is your most memorable moment in Clash?

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #1

Forum Friday Fun #6 - What is your most memorable moment in Clash?

Whether you've been playing for 8 years or 8 days, you're bound to have some great and memorable moments throughout your journey. It doesn't matter if you're still a wee little Chiefling or the grand poobah of an international Clan alliance, what is a single moment that will always remind you of your time playing Clash?

It doesn't matter if it is a touching story about a lost friend, a comedic tale about a funny defeat, or just something that stands out in your head. We want to hear the story that made an impact. Whatever story you tell, just don't be boring about it - even the most mundane event can be told in an entertaining way!

The standard rules apply:

1. ONE submission per person.
    2. This thread is for posting your entry. The discussion can happen in the voting thread.
    3. Submissions will close at end of day on Monday (Helsinki time).
    4. After the submissions close, we'll pick our 10 favorites.
    5. The top 10 will be placed into a poll for the community to vote on and the winning vote will get 500 Gems.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

when you got a 99% one star when your clan only needs two star to win...

well, sad but, the town hall's hitpoints can not even be seen...

definitely memorable when all your team mates are saying "it is ok" but you can not forgive yourself..

┴┴︵╰(‵□′)╯︵┴┴
    Last edited by Rabbitinwhite; May 8th, 2020 at 02:43 PM.
    Clash and have fun every day, this is the game

Think my most memorable moment in Clash of Clans was when they changed the miners the very first time.
    I got all excited, I had maxed them out for th10.
    I had been looking forward to it, and wanted to start using them, and I did... Right after the maintenance I cooked me my miner crew (the nerf couldn't have been that bad right). And I was utterly disappointed. We still talk about it to this day, how I had finished and bam, ta-da, useless.

On a side note: I love the miners, the changes made afterwards made it so I found love for them, but the initial excitement was most def subdued lol
    friends and fun (est dec 10th 2014)
    thx terminus for the amazing sig

Banned
    My most memorable moment was reaching th7. The new dark elixir barracks and the barbarian king made the game a whole lot more exciting.

In my early time of clash(maybe th 8 or 9), we were matched against first engineered clan. We thought we are gonna winning that one, as bottom 5 bases(war of 15 or 20) were defenceless, just one cannon.
    About 2,3 hours were left of war ending and we were attacking as per our regular schedule. And suddenly what we saw that all of bottom 5 bases took down our top 10 bases, all for 3 stars. We were literally shocked.
    And this moment changed my way of clash and I have introduced my mini account to make it engineered.
    Now, my both accounts are at almost same stage. But that was the moment responsible for making me play two main accounts.

Clash On.
    Stay safe.

My most memorable moment was in BH7.Back then in bh7 night witch strategy was quite famous and she rulling in bh meta.I jump into a battle and didnot got good percentage cuz iam bad bh player,i was worried about my defence and hoping for opponent to fail.Luckly i know that people in battle deploy night witch on the far cornor of base so that they could be get big bats wave and i had placed my mega mines & small mines in cornor and opp. night witch were distroyed giving me a victroy multiple times.It was satisfying & memorable moment for me.

Stay safe
    And always clash on.
    Last edited by Abhiyan; May 8th, 2020 at 03:31 PM.
    Coleader of Bregan d'aerth.:#YC2CUPUV
    Interested to join,feel free to Dm me
    My Id:
    #2JP2L0P0Q

Several things come to mind.

#3 was since global was my reason to play mostly. The time that I have 2 accounts on the same global. I was even confusing myself!

#2 was the war battle that looked easy. I was TH9 if I recall and everything appeared to be going as planned but nothing was targeting the TH. That became the only time I was close to throwing my phone. 99% 1 star.

But my #1 all time favorite was early in my clash experience. My work facility had many players and we were mostly in the same clan. Sidney Mutineers. The friend that got me interested in Clash was in the Sidney Brawlers. And as the names imply the Mutineers had split off of the Brawlers.

You guessed it we somehow matched in war! Messages were flying. It was nuts! The Mutineers lost by one star! Last I talked to someone on the Brawlers they were still using the screenshot of that win on other sites! Few of the OG members are around for the Mutineers, but I hop into the Brawlers about once a year to chat with them! The Mutineers never really recovered.

Been playing since Feb 2004, this list of triumphs AND failures is a mile long.

As I look back, what stands out as a truly memorable Clash moment was when I first crossed 6000 trophies for the first time. Was about 2 1/2 years ago, when 6k was still a big deal, meant you were easily in the top 1000, and no one in my push clan had reached that milestone before.

In the final days of the season I was one good raid away from my goal but, no bases to be seen...I promise you all here and now, I went 3 days without a base clouding 16hrs a day, luckily I was riding both shields during that time. In the last 24 hrs of the season I was a couple minutes from having to defend when that base finally came...

Leading up to this raid, I was pullin my hair out, questioning my sanity, giving the iPad evil looks as I tried to stay busy, all the while knowing that I might end up like my clan mate who was running along side me but got knocked down and without of reach of 6k.

Prolly the most nervous I ever been in a raid. It was a base I never seen before, went for the safe 2* and...barely got the TH, and barely sniped a barracks with a minion before it died on its last shot for 50%. Pretty sure I was shaking the whole time lol, but that last minion drop seemed to hang in the air forever...you can imagine my ensuing jubilation. 6k achieved 💪🎉💪🎉💪🎉!!! All the agony, all the suspense, heck I gave up my ✌️“glaucoma”✌️medication all month for it haha.

I don’t miss the clouds, AT ALL. I appreciate OBS in all aspects in comparison, but there was a special kind of insanity that was required to go far in that system, and special moments like this that came as a result.
    Last edited by TheClanimals; May 8th, 2020 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MrMotator View Post
    But my #1 all time favorite was early in my clash experience. My work facility had many players and we were mostly in the same clan. Sidney Mutineers. The friend that got me interested in Clash was in the Sidney Brawlers. And as the names imply the Mutineers had split off of the Brawlers.

You guessed it we somehow matched in war! Messages were flying. It was nuts! The Mutineers lost by one star! Last I talked to someone on the Brawlers they were still using the screenshot of that win on other sites! Few of the OG members are around for the Mutineers, but I hop into the Brawlers about once a year to chat with them! The Mutineers never really recovered.
    That is still my favourite moment in clash! Such a Great War! Hard to believe I was a th8!

Last edited by Doddsyuk; May 8th, 2020 at 04:09 PM.
    COC MAIN: Working on latest update TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: Working on TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH12 Clash profile

For me it's mostly close ends of wars. The cheering as the clan reached levels 5 and 10 was memorable, but most other memories are the "all spectator spots are full" war endings - more than one time relying on live commentary in chat. Recently our last attack last season in CWL when we had enough stars banked that the day win ensured promotion to champ 1 - and our opponent had finished leaving our last guy needing at least 0* and 36%... the agonising over that (more than an hour!) will probably stick in my mind for some time.

But if I had to pick one it would be an early one. It was just after lava hounds were introduced - so I guess about Oct 2014. Wars were new, and I was even newer, and my clan newer than that.

Wars were rather different then, especially at lower levels. Looking back we were probably pretty hopeless - we were at the stage where getting people to spam dragons rather than barch was a result. And the game was different - no TH11, sieges, bowlers, or even dark spells IIRC. And no tie-breakers: if stars were equal it was a grey line in the war log.

It was a big war, 40v or 45v (I'm not sure opt-outs existed yet). We had no TH10s, it was all TH9 to TH5 ish. And at the end the scores were level and each side had 2 attacks left. The opponent had 2 TH8 targets they could clean up with TH9 attacks for 2* more. We had 2 TH9 attacks, but only 1 not-tripled TH8 target, the next lowest was a TH9. And in those early days TH9 v TH9 triples weren't really a thing for us, or our opponents. Especially as a rushed TH9 with probably single digit heroes. So we needed to triple both to avoid the loss and tie.

I volunteered to do the TH9. And since my first lava hound barracks had finished a few hours ago I figured I may as well try them out... and it was a good thing it was a few hours ago as they were 45 minutes each to train. So before war end I'd managed to train up a lavaloon (ish) attack, with noone in the clan ever having never deployed a lava hound before.

All 4 attacks went in in the last minute. I lured and killed CC with my dragon successfully (no poison back then!). Spammed the other troops and more or less closed my eyes. As far as I remember it, it was in hindsight a pretty horrible attack. But my troops suddenly got intelligent - the drag decided to leave the edge trash and rush in and tank a bit more. My AQ decided to be helpful. And I'd got all the AD down according to plan (if spam-and-pray counts as a plan). And then it came down to the last few loons at the back clearing cannons or such with 1 archer tower shooting them. The last loon finally got over the AT and was then shot down... with the death damage killing the AT in return. Which left just a few pups and minions and not a single air targeting gun. Queue a clock race which luckily ended in my favour with a couple of seconds to spare.

So, I return to clan chat which had gone absolutely bonkers. There was no number-online then, but there must have been 20 or 30 people all talking at once. I remember I genuinely couldn't read all the chat as it was scrolling so fast. I was of course trading on my status as luckiest spammer ever to sound like a genius attacker.

It must have been at least 2 or 3 minutes before I realised some of the chat was a leeeetle bit odd for what was in the end a draw. So I finally checked the actual war screen - to find one of the enemies had decided to be a hero and hit a TH9 instead of the TH8 and failed badly, giving us the win by 1.

It's those few minutes celebrating my heroic contribution to a clutch draw totally oblivious to the result or the fact the other 20 or 30 people were cheering for an unexpected win gifted by the enemy which is probably my most memorable moment.