Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Country Calender - Down on the farm

Stuck on the sofa as I've eaten far too much chocolate
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyDawnD View Post
    Too right it is! I'm a serious hoarder and have a fairly large house full of stuff. Hell, we even have some boxes in the attic still unopened from our last move 20 years ago. I'm told I should just throw them away, unopened. I can't do that!!! We're planning on moving to Cornwall but need to get out of the putting-it-off rut. Many thanks for the good wishes, it ain't gonna be easy.
    Wow LadyDawn , well that's not just around the corner is it ! Cornwall is a beautiful part of the country, we used to spend a lot of summer holidays there caravanning , setting off at 2am for that 300+miles journey.
    But I also love Bristol, I've spent many of a drunken evening at the Weston Park Hotel near Bath. Oh & bingo nights at Weston - Super-Mare. I don't envy you redecorating all your house, or packing everything up, Nightmare

Level 144....Reputation level 39.....141/144 Achievements .. Masteries no idea ...
    GC 💗💓HappyHelen💓💗

A big "Thank You "to Choccamocha for my sig
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD OF A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM

Stuck on the sofa as I've eaten far too much chocolate
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDonsta View Post
    Thanks Judesnz!

Love your humour...tho it slightly worries me at the same time! LOL

A mammoth effort, but the reward for your readers? PURE MAGIC!

Me thinks you should seriously consider a monthly/quarterly HD 'comic-strip'. Hmm...(on the payroll of course!).

Lovely...had quite a few laughs here at HD these past few days. Thank you for your contribution!

Noooooooooo don't suggest that Donsta , I was going to make my RL millions in pinching all Jude's fantastic material and turning it into a children's book
    Only joking Hun Hmmmmm or am I ?????????

Level 144....Reputation level 39.....141/144 Achievements .. Masteries no idea ...
    GC 💗💓HappyHelen💓💗

A big "Thank You "to Choccamocha for my sig
    MY GOAL IN LIFE IS TO BE AS GOOD OF A PERSON AS MY DOG ALREADY THINKS I AM

Quote Originally Posted by HappyHelen View Post
    Wow LadyDawn , well that's not just around the corner is it ! Cornwall is a beautiful part of the country, we used to spend a lot of summer holidays there caravanning , setting off at 2am for that 300+miles journey.
    But I also love Bristol, I've spent many of a drunken evening at the Weston Park Hotel near Bath. Oh & bingo nights at Weston - Super-Mare. I don't envy you redecorating all your house, or packing everything up, Nightmare
    you never know we may have bumped into each other , done that and me an family have spent many years down in Cornwall, we have relatives in Plymouth (Devonport)

Level 68 Achievements. 101/108

We may well have - we have a boat in Plymouth, just down the Tamar from Devonport. Small world!
    Last edited by LadyDawnD; January 11th, 2014 at 07:25 PM.
    Game Centre ID: *Lady Dawn D* Level: 126 - Achievements: 122/126 - Masteries: 27/30

Sports Event

Ben and Jerry in training for the Synchronised Snoozing event. Currently Ben is a hoof ahead... Or that could be Jerry...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Game Centre ID: *Lady Dawn D* Level: 126 - Achievements: 122/126 - Masteries: 27/30

Jude, thank you so much for showing all of us what's been happening at your fine establishment! I'm so happy for Fred and Hilda winning the tennis match, but sorry to hear that Fred and Hilda are having a bit of a tiff over losing that one.

LadyDawn, what an undertaking to move to a new place after being in your current home for 20 years...things really do tend to collect. Almost 11 years ago, I moved from Southern California to my current home in Idaho (a 1-day drive) and I recall donating a lot of stuff that I knew didn't need to make the move with me. Couldn't believe how much there was!

With all you Brits talking about all these different locations in England, I just had to Google a map and find out where everything is in relation to each other...and now my wanderlust has kicked in...again! I visited someone in England about 14 years ago, but was never in the areas where you all are discussing...except I did visit Stonehenge and I see that's not that far from Bristol. We also took a road trip to Holland and caught the hovercraft from Dover, so traveled through that southeastern area.

GC/KIK: knitgal2/knitgal - Level 112 - Town Level 28
    Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

That's quite close, as the crow flies. It's certainly going to be an adventure, and a right pain in the you-know-what until we reach our ultimate goal. That's when I'll seriously ditch stuff. If you ever visit our shores again, please get in touch and come and stay with us - assuming we have a new home by then, that is. x
    Last edited by LadyDawnD; January 11th, 2014 at 08:32 PM.

If I ever do make it across the pond again, I have people all over England I'd like to visit. Thank goodness your country isn't as large as mine so it might actually be possible to gallivant all over England and meet up with so many - from villages on the east coast area (Norwich) to the west coast area (Somerset), to the northwestern area, and even in the middle between everyone. Boy, could I put a lot of miles on a rental car!
    Last edited by knitgal2; January 11th, 2014 at 08:50 PM. Reason: Fix spelling error

Completed TTII and TTIII back to back...at Level 60! It CAN be done at higher levels!

You'll be booking the flight soon!

Quote Originally Posted by LadyDawnD View Post
    You'll be booking the flight soon!
    Definitely...right after I win the lottery!!