Thread: Derby Town Task...Confused

The Meaning of Life, The Universe, and Everything

Derby Town Task...Confused

I released/collected final prize from a specific town person (dancer) that my board said was from bed and breakfast, so that my NB team mate could pick her up and finish her town task. However, on the platform it said that town person was from the spa. I deliberately ensured that the the dancer finished in B&B and it matched in the town hall board. Is this a glitch??

It's been doing this for several town people. Saying one thing in town hall board and then showing up on platform from another service building?? My team mate has spent 2 days trying to finish because after 3 trains, no dancer shows up on her train and she is low level so she only has 3 service buildings and coordinating specific town person with specific service building is a task itself.

See if this response from Kat is applicable:
    https://forum.supercell.com/showthre...1#post11795516

Thank you TerMinus for the Sig!
    A message of hope-http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EGLSk3AVcUU

As far as I can work out it’s random where a townie wants to go after you release them. Just because they finish in the spa in your town doesn’t mean they’ll want the spa when they get to the platform. If you really want to help your neighbour you probably need to release everyone from your town and hopefully some of them will want to go where your neighbour needs.

pretty annoying that you don’t have control over it but you don’t!

The big hint here is don't take those tasks unless you have the right people in the right places. If you don't it's almost as if the game plays against you and will not give you the people you need.

Not that you get a choice in mystery derby ... we dont do them.
    Last edited by PedrosPlotThickens; 4 Weeks Ago at 01:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedrosPlotThickens View Post
    The big hint here is don't take those tasks unless you have the right people in the right places. If you don't it's almost as if the game plays against you and will not give you the people you need.

Not that you get a choice in mystery derby ... we dont do them.
    It was a mystery task; however, the question here is I released a town person who finished in one specific building and the town hall confirmed, but once on platform showed a building they never was serviced in. My NB needed a specific person from a specific building (low level needed the dancer and only had 3 service buildings)

Most likely with my nose buried in the DD
    Quote Originally Posted by pharvey11 View Post
    It was a mystery task; however, the question here is I released a town person who finished in one specific building and the town hall confirmed, but once on platform showed a building they never was serviced in. My NB needed a specific person from a specific building (low level needed the dancer and only had 3 service buildings)
    I think what we’re trying to say is when u release a townie, where that townie wants to go (as seen when available for neighbor pickup) is random. It is not based on what buildings u served or didn’t serve that townie in or in what order.

Also the townie u release can go to any of the buildings that you have unlocked (based on your town level). So if you are higher lvl than ur neighbor, the townie (tho it may be the dancer ur neighbor needs to serve) may want to go to a building that ur neighbor hasn’t unlocked yet, therefore cannot pick up.

i hope this clarifies things more.
    Last edited by QBIE; 4 Weeks Ago at 08:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QBIE View Post
    I think what we’re trying to say is when u release a townie, where that townie wants to go (as seen when available for neighbor pickup) is random. It is not based on what buildings u served or didn’t serve that townie in or in what order.

Also the townie u release can go to any of the buildings that you have unlocked (based on your town level). So if you are higher lvl than ur neighbor, the townie (tho it may be the dancer ur neighbor needs to serve) may want to go to a building that ur neighbor hasn’t unlocked yet, therefore cannot pick up.

i hope this clarifies things more.

Ok thank you! That helps a lot. Who knew a simple game has so many weird rules.