Page 29 of 35 FirstFirst ... 192728293031 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Next Clan Games - April 22 - 28 - Details Here

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #281
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    You are SERIOUSLY trying to turn this around as us being deliberately taking advantage of this and kind of saying it's our own fault? I'm sorry, but that really is taking things too far. No, I have not been one to tell people to log off .... Yes, in the past I have tried it once, lol, since the board was littered with stuff we couldn't do at the time... we have some school kids (believe me, you don't WANT to try to get that bunch in line).
    I, like Noc, have just been able to CYCLE A LOT OF TASKS, which is what this was about.

Darian has stated that more bonus tasks would be added - at least for these clan games. That clearly has not happened. Or it has changed from 1% to 2%, and even though we clearly see a decline in decent point tasks over the past year, it hardly ever has been THIS bad *with or without refreshing*.

I don't like the accusation. You're trying to make this into a totally different point. And I do not like that, one bit.
    Urgh.
    Seriously ? You should really read that post again.

I did not bloody say anything about this being deliberate or that you or Noc or players alike took advantage of the situation on purpose and that you actively sought this out or anything of a kind. This isn’t an accusation.

It is just the the NATURE of a one man clan COMPARED TO a more “normal” (watch for the “” they’re there on purpose) international clan where people are online almost all of the time. Think about it...
    A one man clan sleeps at the exact same time, eat at the exact same time, is busy playing with their kids at exact the same time, is in the shower at exact the same etc etc etc. there’s dosens of example where that 1 person can’t be on the game for a little while.
    Situations which wouldn’t happen as easily in a clan with 50 unique players all around the world where someone is always online.
    Thats just a NORMAL given situation.

This has absolutely nothing, zilch, nada, 0, niente, rien, helemaal geen ene drol, to do about deliberately using or even abusing this situation and no one made an accusation.

It is only natural that given the dynamics of a one man clan they force a reset way more often then a normal clan. This isn’t their fault, they’re not to blame, it was simply a bug.

Now your conclusion is flawed, I’ve said an explained before with an example that the following is entirely possible.

Given the bug fix (and this is a condition in this statement) it is possible that SC INCREASED the spawn rate of boosted tasks while you are not seeing the effects and actually see LESS boosted tasks.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

Quote Originally Posted by ireid View Post
    Also why the 10s or 15s wait to clear an obstacle
    well a builder needs to get his spade out. On the builder base. “tall grass” on the BB counts also and can be cleared quickly even if the master builder is busy. If you have a clock boost available this speeds up obstacle clearing too.

I Think you still have to have the “old barbarian” statue for tall grass to spawn. I moved mine before shovels became a thing and I am loathed to spend 250 gems to bring it back again

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Kat - It’s exactly the opposite. The very fact that I am a one-man-clan with 40 games gives me a very different perspective as an individual, but that means I can observe the combined effect. I, alone, have played through dozens of tasks and there’s no one for me to compete for tasks with. All by my lonesome, I‘ve barreled through more tasks these last few days than the average 15-20 player clan. The fact that I am a one-man-clan does not change the way tasks are presented, it just means I get a more detailed picture.
    Noc, repeat after me.
    the pot boiling has NOTHING to do with you.....

You are still not getting my point.
    I KNOW you see ALL the tasks that come up, that is not the point.

You do NOT understand that you can see LESS boosted task even though the spawn rate INCREASED and until you do understand this point there’s no point in running around in circles. Honestly such unique situations really distract from the topic of the issues the majority of clans face.

Quote Originally Posted by ayih View Post
    What they are saying is true.
    <snip>
    You have totally missed my point. No, what is being insinuated was and is not true. Period. I do think I know my personal actions better than you do.

As for the refresh time... I thought it was 15 minutes, but for us it was mostly visible 'in the morning' when people had logged off for the night. I will not accept anybody on here stating that I have been benefiting from this bug more than others simply because they apparently haven't read my earlier posts or don't want to get them. Not you, not anybody.

I - and from his posts, Noc as well - have been trying to get the point across that EVEN with the higher number of cycling posts we have done, the number of shyte tasks hasn't diminished. Darian (*i will say it again*) has stated the number of bonus tasks had gone up. For the rest: read my earlier post.

In our clans quite a few are at the point of being DONE with clan games now altogether. We don't have time to be online all day and "strategically" manage the tasks to get to do 40+ tasks to get to those 4k points ... People have lives outside of Clash of Clans. I also have a day job already, besides running our clans.

I have never done clan games 'on my own' in a clan, so do NOT accuse me of the same KK has done earlier without knowing what the situation is. Check the other posts in this thread: read how the 'fun factor' that already was hard to find, now has totally been REMOVED. You are describing it for yourself, yet accusing me of something I never did.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Noc, repeat after me.

You do NOT understand that you can see LESS boosted task even though the spawn rate INCREASED and until you do understand this point there’s no point in running around in circles. Honestly such unique situations really distract from the topic of the issues the majority of clans face.
    ... so ... Noc/'we' (others who check their boards and have multiple accounts to trash) see all the tasks but it is normal that he/we don't see the (or any for that matter, at this time in one of our clans) boosted tasks ....

... so ... you have more knowledge than we do? They just stripped them altogether? Just like most of the tasks that at least have SOME rationale with regard to 'time spent versus medals earned'...... come on, you don't see that your point isn't a point?
    Last edited by JusMe; April 25th, 2020 at 03:53 PM.

6.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #286
    You have totally missed my point. No, what is being insinuated was and is not true. Period. I do think I know my personal actions better than you do.

As for the refresh time... I thought it was 15 minutes, but for us it was mostly visible 'in the morning' when people had logged off for the night. I will not accept anybody on here stating that I have been benefiting from this bug more than others simply because they apparently haven't read my earlier posts or don't want to get them. Not you, not anybody.

I - and from his posts, Noc as well - have been trying to get the point across that EVEN with the higher number of cycling posts we have done, the number of shyte tasks hasn't diminished. Darian (*i will say it again*) has stated the number of bonus tasks had gone up. For the rest: read my earlier post.

In our clans quite a few are at the point of being DONE with clan games now altogether. We don't have time to be online all day and "strategically" manage the tasks to get to do 40+ tasks to get to those 4k points ... People have lives outside of Clash of Clans. I also have a day job already, besides running our clans.

I have never done clan games 'on my own' in a clan, so do NOT accuse me of the same KK has done earlier without knowing what the situation is. Check the other posts in this thread: read how the 'fun factor' that already was hard to find, now has totally been REMOVED. You are describing it for yourself, yet accusing me of something I never did.
    Hey!

I never accused anyone, I didn’t insinuate anything either, as explained earlier.
    Sure what Ayih said is possible that such clans did it on purpose but that was not what I had in mind at all.

It is only NATURAL for a 1 man clan to have more periods of down time that cause a refresh of the board.
    Last edited by Kaptain Kat; April 25th, 2020 at 03:57 PM.

7.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #287
    ... so ... Noc/'we' (others who check their boards and have multiple accounts to trash) see all the tasks but it is normal that he/we don't see the (or any for that matter, at this time in one of our clans) boosted tasks ....

... so ... you have more knowledge than we do? They just stripped them altogether? Just like most of the tasks that at least have SOME rationale with regard to 'time spent versus medals earned'...... come on, you don't see that your point isn't a point?
    That tells me you did not understand the point I keep making (which I did explain with an example) about the increased spawn rate even though you don’t actually see it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptain Kat View Post
    Noc, repeat after me.

Kat the pot boiling is not part of that last post or any other of my posts. Let’s just forget it altogether.

None of what I am saying is unique nor is my clan any different from any other simply because I am the only person playing the games. What you are suggesting is that somehow things would be different if there were 40 people playing these TH6 thru TH13 games. That makes no sense.

Please explain to me how the task refresh rate, number of boosted tasks, number of high point vs low point tasks, and number of BB tasks is in any way different for my 40 game clan compared to any other 40 game clan. Forget the fact that I am the only person playing them - that just gives me a unique perspective. How could the inner workings of the game in any way be different?
    Last edited by Noctaire; April 25th, 2020 at 04:13 PM.
    Clan/Task Force: Divergent Void (#P8CGRG0C / #8GG02YRP)
    Noc's Clash Journal
    Gaming with Noc (Videos)
    Chance favors the prepared mind; quit yer whingein' and find a solution.
    Creator Code: GwN

i still don't think some people here understand how much more work it is to either trash or pick tasks and let it expire vs get offline for 10 minutes. before i just need to log off and do something else and come back the board complete refreshes. and now i need to switch between some 12 accounts and pick off the ones i don't want one by one. sure it can be done, but it takes considerable amount of more time doing something that's not even playing the game. what for?! just don't understand why SC doesn't get this. as dedicated and competitive as I am a player, i will probably still get to 50K this time. the cost is i have to spend like 8 to 9 hours a day online to do this. it's mind boggling to me SC has to make it this miserable.

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #290
    Quote Originally Posted by Noctaire View Post
    Kat the pot boiling is not part of that last post or any other of my posts. Let’s just forget it altogether.

None of what I am saying is unique nor is my clan any different from any other simply because I am the only person playing the games. What you are suggesting is that somehow things would be different if there were 40 people playing these TH6 they TH13 games. That makes no sense.

Please explain to me how the task refresh rate, number of boosted tasks, number of high point vs low point tasks, and number of BB tasks is in any way different for my 40 game clan compared to any other 40 game clan. Forget the fact that I am the only person playing them - that just gives me a unique perspective. How could the inner workings of the game in any way be different?
    ok moving on from that.

Forgetting the fact that you’re the only person playing the accounts is not possible in this equation.
    Due to natural causes in previous CG you will have been dealing with more refreshed boards of tasks then your average clans with 40 unique players.

More refreshed boards = more total tasks seen = more “good” tasks seen.