Page 19 of 35 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Next Clan Games - April 22 - 28 - Details Here

This clan games feel like a grind.
    Earlier I just play like usual and complete clan games without extra effort.But not this time.Board is full of small troops ( which I don't use generally) challenges,Lower TH challenges(We are TH13 only) etc.
    Removal of Training Time in BB was a welcome change but alas! Builder Base challenges are so rare.(There no BB challenges on board rn and only 1 clan member is working on a BB challenge).I really wish there is separate tab for Builder base challenges.
    I am not really interested in extra reward this time and since Clan games is a grind this time,I will just do as much as I can.
    Last edited by Rak2180; April 24th, 2020 at 04:09 AM.

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

Some of these challenges are double pts today that werent yesterday. Such as the 10 and 16 "Star Collector" challenges. I dont see them on the official list of yellow challenges. Maybe they are throwing us a bone for their lack of transparency. If u see other "new" double pt challenges, plz let me know

I was lucky to see a few 500, 700 and 800 BB challenges today. but mini BB is not as easy as it was before. I think because there is no wait time anymore, people are adding army camps and all kinds of defenses, not sure what for?

no one and no one.
    I'm really not here to argue anything. right now i'm just interested to find out if this will be changed back, then i'm outta here. i still have 28K points i need to grind it out.....
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What people are you referring to? All I see are people agreeing the change is bad. Maybe I missed it, but have any players here argued they are happy with the change?

So I read some post in this thread and got to know about the bug fix.
    That's the most terrible "fix " I have ever seen.
    Also why isn't the info about bug fix stated in the OP.Not everyone is going to read all the post in this thread.

I really hope they either revert the bug or implement my suggestion of having separate tab for builder base.
    So if we have two tabs one for main village challenges and one for builder base challenges with each tab having 9 challenges and a builder base challenges is always replaced with builder base and vice versa.
    I think this may as well encourage more players to play builder base .

Great minds think alike,but fools seldom differ.

Youtube : Rak Gaming CoC
    Twitter : @Rak_coc
    Discord: Rak#2304

Quote Originally Posted by Rak2180 View Post
    So I read some post in this thread and got to know about the bug fix.
    That's the most terrible "fix " I have ever seen.
    Agreed

Also why isn't the info about bug fix stated in the OP.Not everyone is going to read all the post in this thread.
    Here's what Darian said about that a number of responses back
    Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I understand many are frustrated or unhappy with this bug fix, given how long it was in the game. And for the lack of communication I will sincerely apologize. It was not an intentionally hidden fix, nor was it an attempt to deceive anyone.

When we write the patch notes, these notes are generated based on notes and communication from the dev team. Under normal circumstances, this is something that is easily sorted out as we've tried to be much more transparent in the changes that have gone into the game.

Many of the changes that go into the game get communicated in daily communications that happen organically during a normal work day. However, this bug fix was one that didn't get communicated to the Community team simply due to the early chaos of everyone working from home in order to adhere to social distancing requirements to avoid potential transmission of the coronavirus. Many companies, including us, scrambled to have couriers ship work computers, desks, and other necessary equipment to employees' houses and those first few weeks were quite difficult as we were just establishing how we were going to communicate daily with the team.

I am not attempting to make an excuse for this oversight. Many here who have been forced to work from home can also attest to how it may have initially been difficult to create a new daily rhythm under these circumstances, and unfortunately as we were releasing this update this was likely overlooked in the shuffle.

Again, this isn't an excuse for why it was missed in the release notes - just a reason why.
    I really hope they either revert the bug or implement my suggestion of having separate tab for builder base.
    So if we have two tabs one for main village challenges and one for builder base challenges with each tab having 9 challenges and a builder base challenges is always replaced with builder base and vice versa.
    I think this may as well encourage more players to play builder base .
    Well, with the way things are going these clan games it might just be that people won't even bother anymore next time.... and I can't blame them
    Last edited by JusMe; April 24th, 2020 at 07:07 AM.

Millennial Club
    I’ve found these Clan Games some of the Easiest there’s been. Lots of Builder Base Challenges that, with no Troop Time Wait I’ve “Banged Through” in plenty of time.
    4000 easily within the first 12 Hours

This clan games sucks! There aren’t any challenges that fit the makeup of my clan. I’m spending all my time trashing stuff only to get equally rubbish options! Only 1 person currently in my clan has an active challenge!
    COC MAIN: Max TH13 Clash Profile
    COC SECOND: less that 40 walls left to max TH13 Clash profile
    COC THIRD: Working on TH13 Clash profile

9.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #189
    We've been discussing the Clan Games frustration as a team and I do have a little bit of information to share. First, let me discuss the bug and why it was necessary to fix.

When we introduced the Clan Games way back in yesteryear, the task system was always meant to be a strategic and collaborative effort between Clan members. The refresh that happens offline is the bug as it was never intended to happen that way. So why did the refresh happen? As long as Clan members were online, the database logic dictating the tasks functioned nominally - or as intended. However, when all members were offline, the logic would 'hiccup' and refresh.

That sounds harmless enough, right? Well...not really...because it created an unfair scenario for many Clans affected by this. First, if you were one of the Clans aware of this hiccup, you could strategically all go offline for 10 minutes and wait for the tasks to refresh so you could wait for higher point tasks to appear and cherry pick the ones you want. Again that sounds harmless, right? Well...if your Clan was one that had players from various time zones and always had at least one member on at any point, you never got to "take advantage" of that refresh. So you were "stuck" using the Clan Games tasks the system gave you, which is exactly how the system works now after the bug fix.

It was an unfair advantage some Clans used while other Clans couldn't do it. That is why it needed to be fixed.

So why did it take so long to fix? Many of us are in international Clans who have members on at all times of the day and from our play perspective, we saw the tasks functioning as they were supposed to since we never saw the offline refresh happening. It wasn't until recently that it was observed and recognized as a bug.

However, we also understand that the fix that closed the loophole many were used to using did leave a bad taste in a lot of players' mouths. I also understand saying "it left a bad taste" is an understatement for how many feel.

In the interim, we've increased the number of boosted tasks that give bonus points. Hopefully, for at least this current Clan Games session that will help make it feel less "grindy".

We are still discussing what improvements we can make to future Clan Games to help make it better and feel less grindy. Given the Clan Games are only 6 days long, there simply isn't enough time to program, test, and implement a new system before this current session ends so in that regard, I do apologize, but the current session will remain as is.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Centennial Club
    I really don't get what the problem is... Our Clan with almost all TH13 finished the 50.000 within 8h... So really I don't get it

EDIT: we are currently at 98190 still increasing
    Last edited by xtralog; April 24th, 2020 at 09:04 AM.