Page 13 of 35 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: Next Clan Games - April 22 - 28 - Details Here

Quote Originally Posted by ClasherAK47 View Post
    Sneaky way of doing and then not getting the info via patch notes or directly from SC ( I mean Darian here)

On the topic of fixing bugs can we fix the bugs infested recruitment tool or it will be fixed in few years from now
    Well, as far as we keep on being told this is all 'working as intended' even though so far most have only been able to conclude it is not working in any way, shape or form that is contributing to recruitment for many clans. So please don't hold your breath ...

Pro Member
    Under recruitment troll hood to figure out what's going on there
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Well, as far as we keep on being told this is all 'working as intended' even though so far most have only been able to conclude it is not working in any way, shape or form that is contributing to recruitment for many clans. So please don't hold your breath ...
    After called stupid and my opinion utter rubbish I don't feel like replying here anymore nor I am holding my breath or hoping to get any answer or improvement anytime soon.

I have, though stopped playing and started spending time on discord to look for players, thats the direction SC wants us to go

It gets more frustrating when you get answers on why rewards are not adequate or get addition on poems but totally neglect other things
    Last edited by ClasherAK47; April 23rd, 2020 at 03:31 PM.

and on top of that, as a software developer myself, how could this have been a bug in the first place? it has to be something that's intentionally coded, who'd intentionally code a bug?! it is very much looking like a part of the game play and makes complete sense too. to me this just sounds like something that's changed on purpose and not a bug fix.

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #124
    Quote Originally Posted by JusMe View Post
    Sorry KK, my response wasn't aimed 'at you' in any way ... it's just that the 'we'll have to find a new motion that works'... it's just the thing that keeps on coming up for all sorts of clans as being just about unworkable (with the tasks that either can't be done or are simply way too underrated in points, let's be honest - I already HAVE a day job and it's not CoC) unless we throw a whole lot of gems at the game... and that is (for me) what stinks here
    Trust me, I - as a player - know all too well that not having any sort of refresh really sucks for a variety of reasons.

Nevertheless to keep things fair an objective letís differentiate between 2 types of tasks.
    1) tasks that are simply impossible
    2) tasks that people just donít like for various reasons, Iíd like to leave these out for the rest of this post because I do think itís reasonable that people have to work to get rid of these tasks. Either do one of them, trash them or let them expire... and therefore I donít see them as that much as an obstacle / issue.
    It is tasks in the first category which are the pain.

So yea my clan certainly isnít happy seeing tasks like destroy a TH6, TH7... TH10. These are impossible for my clan to do. Even the 11s and 12s donít work for our legend players. And yes I see the frustration, swearing and complaining in chat. And Iím sure that if you have a clan where the highest player is letís say a TH9 for them seeing Titan, legend, 10, 11, 13, eagle etc challenges will be in the same boat.

Then thereís the thing that you get an extra reward when you reach the max of 4K so most player will just want to finish the CG at a time that suits them with a task they like etc. but at that point itís also counterproductive as they canít help the clan with trashing or letting tasks expire anymore. So it would sure be helpful if these players could still contribute to helping the board.

So yes I get it, I really do. And yes I too donít like this fix. And here people whine and complain weíre never critical...

Anywho, back to todayís reality. IF SC would want to change anything about the situation then chances are we will not benefit from that during this particular CG. Therefore I was trying to provide some tips in how to make such a situation workable and how the clan can all chip in to work through the situation we have now. Thereís little more we can do right now.

We can however make sure to make QOL suggestions to SC and make sure they get some traction and are read.
    For example the one I mentioned earlier that unselected tasks would automatically refresh after 6 or 8 or possibly 12 hours.
    Another change could be that people who have reached the max points can still help manage the board by trashing tasks with a certain cool down for example. Or maybe even only (co) leaders.
    Maybe thereís more ideas I havenít though of yet.

Such ideas may pave the way to changes.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG

5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #125
    Quote Originally Posted by ClasherAK47 View Post
    Sneaky way of doing and then not getting the info via patch notes or directly from SC ( I mean Darian here)

On the topic of fixing bugs can we fix the bugs infested recruitment tool or it will be fixed in few years from now

I understand many are frustrated or unhappy with this bug fix, given how long it was in the game. And for the lack of communication I will sincerely apologize. It was not an intentionally hidden fix, nor was it an attempt to deceive anyone.

When we write the patch notes, these notes are generated based on notes and communication from the dev team. Under normal circumstances, this is something that is easily sorted out as we've tried to be much more transparent in the changes that have gone into the game.

Many of the changes that go into the game get communicated in daily communications that happen organically during a normal work day. However, this bug fix was one that didn't get communicated to the Community team simply due to the early chaos of everyone working from home in order to adhere to social distancing requirements to avoid potential transmission of the coronavirus. Many companies, including us, scrambled to have couriers ship work computers, desks, and other necessary equipment to employees' houses and those first few weeks were quite difficult as we were just establishing how we were going to communicate daily with the team.

I am not attempting to make an excuse for this oversight. Many here who have been forced to work from home can also attest to how it may have initially been difficult to create a new daily rhythm under these circumstances, and unfortunately as we were releasing this update this was likely overlooked in the shuffle.

Again, this isn't an excuse for why it was missed in the release notes - just a reason why.
    AKA Tank Puppy
    https://twitter.com/Devourlick

If you have account-related questions like account bans or Supercell ID issues, please contact Player Support at this link. Please note that Community Managers and Forum Moderators are unable to assist or answer any account-related questions.

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post
    I understand many are frustrated or unhappy with this bug fix, given how long it was in the game. And for the lack of communication I will sincerely apologize. It was not an intentionally hidden fix, nor was it an attempt to deceive anyone.

When we write the patch notes, these notes are generated based on notes and communication from the dev team. Under normal circumstances, this is something that is easily sorted out as we've tried to be much more transparent in the changes that have gone into the game.

Many of the changes that go into the game get communicated in daily communications that happen organically during a normal work day. However, this bug fix was one that didn't get communicated to the Community team simply due to the early chaos of everyone working from home in order to adhere to social distancing requirements to avoid potential transmission of the coronavirus. Many companies, including us, scrambled to have couriers ship work computers, desks, and other necessary equipment to employees' houses and those first few weeks were quite difficult as we were just establishing how we were going to communicate daily with the team.

I am not attempting to make an excuse for this oversight. Many here who have been forced to work from home can also attest to how it may have initially been difficult to create a new daily rhythm under these circumstances, and unfortunately as we were releasing this update this was likely overlooked in the shuffle.

Again, this isn't an excuse for why it was missed in the release notes - just a reason why.
    Why was this considered a bug in the first place? And why decide now after 2 1/2 years to "fix" the bug? I can excuse that messages were lost in the chaos. I am in a similar situation working from home now as well. But that doesn't change that this seems to be an anti-QOL change, certainly not something that helps the player base. So why make the change in the first place? Surely the "Small developer team has something better to work on? Also, why is it historically for SC, only the negative changes to the player base seem to fly under the radar and get accidentally missed? Just sayin.
    Signature provided by Terminus Prime

Darian, now can we get to why this is a bug in the first place please? what is wrong with this "bug" that needs to be fixing?

Quote Originally Posted by Darian[Supercell] View Post

My clan is getting quite frustrated with what Clan Games challenges are available. Is there an official Supercell announcement that describes exactly what changes have been made? I have read Darian's apology but it doesn't reference what the changes are. Please don't respond with your understanding. I have read all of them. I would like to see an official Supercell description. Thanks all.

Pro Member
    Under recruitment troll hood to figure out what's going on there
    Quote Originally Posted by Filbert View Post
    My clan is getting quite frustrated with what Clan Games challenges are available. Is there an official Supercell announcement that describes exactly what changes have been made? I have read Darian's apology but it doesn't reference what the changes are. Please don't respond with your understanding. I have read all of them. I would like to see an official Supercell description. Thanks all.
    You either have to pick tasks to get new one's or letting it expire, if your clan don't have anyone in titan or legends or anybody th6 th7 then these will clog the board making it impossible to play

10.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #130
    Quote Originally Posted by SumoSloth View Post
    Why was this considered a bug in the first place? And why decide now after 2 1/2 years to "fix" the bug? I can excuse that messages were lost in the chaos. I am in a similar situation working from home now as well. But that doesn't change that this seems to be an anti-QOL change, certainly not something that helps the player base. So why make the change in the first place? Surely the "Small developer team has something better to work on? Also, why is it historically for SC, only the negative changes to the player base seem to fly under the radar and get accidentally missed? Just sayin.
    I canít comment on the other points but about the last one thatís not quite true is it, in the past some positive changes and some QOL changes also flew under that same radar expect they never got the same amount of noise.

Thank you! ClashOfHolmes for an awesome sig!

Just call me K, my name is too difficult to spell.
    Hay Day | Level: 120 | # VL8GVUL | Main Hay Day Topics | Forum Rules | HD Wiki
    Clash of Clans | Level: lost count at 200 | #Y0VJUJG