Page 43 of 59 FirstFirst ... 33414243444553 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To low success-rate on 3 Stars after the new Update

Forum Veteran
    3 * isn't rare ... Especially at war / league for maxed 13
    It's all about planning... Funnel...
    And most importantly ... Base reading
    Harder .... Yes .....
    Impossible .... No ... Far from it

You ppl should've watched the CWL E-sports semifinals yesterday and would've reevaluated how hard and impossible is it to 3star.

ATN.aTTaX 4/10 84% average destruction - they had a terrible day in offense
    Team Vatang 6/10 97.9% average destruction
    INTZ 6/10 92.9% average destruction
    MCES 6/10 98.8 average destruction

Or in total 55% hit rate fresh attacks against some of the very best bases in the world with a lot of time fails.
    Ya, sure, you could say they are pro players and such but imagine if some of the ridiculous suggestions in this thread about nerfing defense hard happen. Their hitrate would easily just jump to 80%+.
    If you compare TH13 to when TH12 or TH11 or TH10 was the highest content it's by far the easiest no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    What trophy count did you end up at last season? Your description isn't that of an average player.
    5400-5500 is around my mark most seasons as I'm not a trophy pusher

4.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #424
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsjusmac View Post
    Yeah, most of the "average" Legends players tend to end up around 150-200 below your point I think. That is why he is suggesting you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Yeah, most of the "average" Legends players tend to end up around 150-200 below your point I think. That is why he is suggesting you aren't.
    That's on a good month lol some days I don't put in my 8 attacks, regardless I can usually get a triple or 2 per day with limited attacks available which is my point

Unhappy

I have been watching this thread for quite a while and even posted on page 26 and wish to add more on what I think is the underlying problem. Just to get it out there I'm a max TH13 and have been regular playing for probably a few years now (can’t remember how many), it was not so before that when it was pretty aimless sporadic around TH10-11. My clan is currently in Champs III, was II until recently.

So since the update immediate changes were observed like a switch was flick, subtle or in some case not so subtle tweaks to the AI had an impact, then the gradual increase in number of max building as people are finish upgrading the new level buildings have changed things.

OK that sort of set the scene and while many, many posts report that their 3 star rates has gone up or down and they are either happy or not. But to be honest I could not care that much if I get a three once/twice a day or once a month if this is level for all for my still level, OK you do get rush of getting a 3 star and a sense of achievement, it is not the thing that is causing anxiety and despair in my clan and general feeling of why am I still playing this? Recently we have had one war this past week and it was a bit of anti-climax, we won, but it was more the opposition lost, with only five 3 stars in total and we only won as they had a TH12 and very low TH13.

What is driving these feeling is the odd behaviour the units exhibit on an almost daily basis, it does seem random and thus unpredictable. If you have not seen this, and I list some below, I will be quite shocked and feel free to ignore this and any other post from as I must be delusional.

• Why does my grand warden drift towards defensive buildings rather than stay in the heart of the army body he is following, this means he dies much quicker and his aura is not covering all units could.
    • Why do my units not travel in straight lines, particularly annoying this sometimes applies to the wall wrecker which has no reason not to drive in a straight line but on frequent occasions it decides a detour is in order and does a dog leg, but many units will take extra steps and time to attack from a different side to the nearest one.
    • Why do my units almost always attack the max level and undamaged wall when lower level walls are next to it, generally I see L14s and L13s, occasionally L12s and L11s, but I swear 90-95% they will attack max walls, this obviously has implication on time fails.
    • There are quite a few weird behaviours associated with walls:
      • Units that would not break wall even if the battle lasted 10 minutes (such as skeletons, barbs but not exclusive), even in broken compartments, fair enough if they get in with a jump and it fades trapping them in there.
      • Why is the Queen’s favourite target now walls?
      • Why do range units prefer to attack from outside walls, rather than enter the compartment and attack more directly, there is definitely increased tendency and makes funnelling quite hard.
      • Why do my units not attack all buildings within a walled area? This could be a ring or just a compartmented walled section of base that you get units either by jump/broken wall section or dropped from blimp.
        • On ring bases, and the reason they are so popular now, is units will go so far then arbitrary decide to break out, oddly usually away from TH, but that base planning and putting a bit farther away. Previously ring base (quite a while ago) units would just sweep all the way around and they dropped out of favour as they become easy to 3 star.
        • Now large walled areas – units will clear part then start to break out leaving buildings untouched inside, oddly I have seen this that the break is generally away from the TH
        • What does this mean for my attack?
          • There is a lot more wall bashing than there should be.
          • Your units are getting killed by defensive structure (in same walled area) they could so easily have taken out.
          • So you are losing time and units – your chance of victory drop.

Specific examples from myself (there many from war hits and posted in group chat) that me wondering why.

• Blimp with CC troops (2 yetis, 1 valk, 1 barb) drops into wall area 14 by 14 squares, drops directly onto a scattershot, but the area also contains AE (intended target), 2× air defence, 2× xbows. As the blimp explodes and drops CC troops I deploy a rage spell, they quickly finish scattershot and then proceed to ignore AE which is 3 squares away and bash through wall to attack elixir collector and storage, while being pounded by xbows and die shortly afterwards.
    • Blimp with CC troops (2 yetis, 1 valk, 1 barb) drops into wall area 7 by 3 squares (really small), not intended target (AE), which is next one over, the area has air defence (which they drop directly onto) and gold mine. Again rage spell deployed, air defence last less than a second and the units bash through an outside wall, ignoring interior walls and worse the mine in the very small area, attacking the mine would probably have meant the AE would have likely been next.
    • Used the Queen clear area (and a few units to help funnel but all dead at this point), she starts shooting a wall section and destroys allow access to inner ring, but for no reason (no enemy units anywhere near to draw her) she decides to ignore the gap and carries on around the outside. Its now is really hard to get the Queen inside, sad case of claustrophobia it seems. She always seems shooting through wall to get to the outside and then the lonely and often short trip around the outside.

As said, those listed are just a few and probably the worst cases and the attacks failed (1 stars) as it took time to recover and reorganise from the shock of ‘why did they do that?’. But shows a schematic problem of us lowly player trying to figure out how to get the units to follow some plan, even the classic funnel into the centre of base, pass the outer walls, has become harder and much less certain to succeed once they get there, they have a habit of breaking out and leaving an easily reachable part of the base untouched and something this contains the TH.

So overall and with the new start (back at 5000 cups) recently and lots of lower level bases encountered I feel it is so much harder, fortunately it seems everybody else around me seems to be in the same boat and most days I’m positive cups if I can get all legend hits in. But the fun of playing this GAME, and yes it should be fun and challenging, is very low and sort of doing it out of habit and to support my clan, but with moral really low I do wonder what the future holds, can someone make it fun again.

Glad to see that I am not the only one struggling to understand the strange behavior of troops, especially when the wall wrecker starts his ZIG ZAG moves and troop moving inside walls...

That's on a good month lol some days I don't put in my 8 attacks, regardless I can usually get a triple or 2 per day with limited attacks available which is my point
    But my point is you are not an average player then as you described. You're ending up probably in the top 15% or so? I'd have to look back at the numbers to be sure, but certainly much better than the top 50%. And, you're ending up there with missing attacks. If you were a trophy pusher, you'd end up even higher because, again, based on the description of your success, you are much better than average. Much much better. (I do know even my own use of the % for legends is sloppy/faulty in the sense that there are many in legends who don't use all 8 attacks, so being at the 50% point doesn't necessarily equate to 50% skill level, either way, though, your 3 star rate shows you as much better than the average legends player).
    Last edited by 2222; May 29th, 2020 at 02:56 PM.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Forum Superstar
    Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post
    You ppl should've watched the CWL E-sports semifinals yesterday and would've reevaluated how hard and impossible is it to 3star.

Or in total 55% hit rate fresh attacks against some of the very best bases in the world with a lot of time fails.
    Ya, sure, you could say they are pro players and such but imagine if some of the ridiculous suggestions in this thread about nerfing defense hard happen. Their hitrate would easily just jump to 80%+.
    If you compare TH13 to when TH12 or TH11 or TH10 was the highest content it's by far the easiest no questions asked.
    I'm not sure taking the top 1% of 1% and saying "all is fine" is the right way to go. Faaaaaar more average players play this than elites. Lose them and you lose everything else.

Quote Originally Posted by MyH4oBG View Post

Knowing the 3 star rate of some of the best players in the world, many of whom treat the game like a job, would not in any way cause me to reevaluate my opinion of how hard/easy it is for ME to 3 star and, after all, that is what most of us are most concerned with. It is up to SC to decide among all the "me" opinions, which are the most important for the overall good of the game. And, as I always say, I sure hope SC doesn't let a tiny fraction of 1% of players impact the game for hundreds of thousands of others just because that tiny fraction had their attacks shown online.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.