Page 40 of 60 FirstFirst ... 30383940414250 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To low success-rate on 3 Stars after the new Update

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #391
    Quote Originally Posted by 2222 View Post
    CWL is one that we can see every month to see the results and also if we use C1 we know it is mostly max or very advanced th13s. It isn't perfect, that is for sure, but is a good measure for CWL (obviously) and legends. Classic war with double hits is different of course. Is that Elite league one hit or two? 29% for two hits is pretty low for the best players.
    Following his link, it is two hit - showing 26% on fresh hit, 32% on clean up, 29% combined.

Centennial Club
    I don’t get the whole “I don’t three star enough so I’m quitting!” How often do people expect a three? I’m in legends and have been for years, I have some days where I get none, some days I get three or four, and most days one or two. The rest are usually pretty comfortable two stars with at least one a day where I screw up and get a single star. I’m by no means an elite attacker, but it isn’t that hard. Do people really expect to be three starring all the time?

War is a bit different, but still, I get the occasional three, especially if I can drop to hit a less than max th13, but still comfortable two stars with a little planning. Not in an elite war group, but then I really don’t want to be.
    FlatulusMaximus-TH13
    Former Leader of Exiled Kings-#9UQRYVLJ RIP

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #393
    Quote Originally Posted by FlatulusMaximus View Post
    I don’t get the whole “I don’t three star enough so I’m quitting!”
    I do agree with that. I would like to see it a little higher, but it is no big deal to me, so long as my opponents aren't getting a lot more against me than I am against them, I take satisfaction in a high 2 star.

I've never understood the "2 stars is boring" mentality of some here.

How often do people expect a three? I’m in legends and have been for years, I have some days where I get none, some days I get three or four, and most days one or two. The rest are usually pretty comfortable two stars with at least one a day where I screw up and get a single star. I’m by no means an elite attacker, but it isn’t that hard. Do people really expect to be three starring all the time?

War is a bit different, but still, I get the occasional three, especially if I can drop to hit a less than max th13, but still comfortable two stars with a little planning. Not in an elite war group, but then I really don’t want to be.
    I don't think anybody is expecting it all the time. I would be happy if I could manage as many as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    CWL Elite is a 2 hit format with mostly maxed and close to maxed th13s. Hit rates don’t increase drastically with 2 hits from what I’ve observed over the years so 29% 3 star rate is pretty consistent for 2 hit formats. I remember when th12 was max right before th13 came out, the 3 star hit rate was 30% in CWL Elite. Using data from champs 1 is a good benchmark but classic war stats need to be taken into consideration as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Following his link, it is two hit - showing 26% on fresh hit, 32% on clean up, 29% combined.
    Interesting, thank you for the information. It makes me even more confident they could increase offensive power and it would not ruin classic wars.

Quote Originally Posted by FlatulusMaximus View Post
    I don’t get the whole “I don’t three star enough so I’m quitting!” How often do people expect a three? I’m in legends and have been for years, I have some days where I get none, some days I get three or four, and most days one or two. The rest are usually pretty comfortable two stars with at least one a day where I screw up and get a single star. I’m by no means an elite attacker, but it isn’t that hard. Do people really expect to be three starring all the time?

No, I don't think people expect all three stars. However, how many they would like to have to be having fun is different for each person of course. There is no right or wrong answer here. Most people in my clan like it better when offense is a little stronger than now. I think we have one that likes it as is or even might prefer defense a little stronger.

I feel like I have to keep adding this disclaimer to those joining the thread late: I don't think the balance is terrible right now. It is pretty good. It is better than most of the time spent at max th11 or max th12. I liked it a little better a several months ago when th13 defenses weren't caught up with offense and the three star rate was a bit higher.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

I’m not unhappy with the three star rated but I will say that if SC decides to make offense stronger, I hope they'd do it by slightly stronger troops across a variety of metas and not by just adding time as the OP suggests. Otherwise we’ll all be doing loooong qw yetis for almost 4 mins per attack and it’ll get old fast.

People want to 3 star, because 2 starring feels like failing or at least not winning. People spend a ton of time and possibly money, to level up troops and heroes etc, only to be able to 2 star?? Its not that two starring is boring, as much as not rewarding. People want to be strong in games, that's fun for most people. If it was fun being weak in games, would people spend so much time leveling up their characters and trying to get some item that will make them stronger? They do it because they want to feel powerful and that is an enjoyable feeling. Feeling average isn't fun or exciting. Every game I have played, I have seen people quit, when they feel weak and nerfed, never seen someone quit because they were too powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    People want to 3 star, because 2 starring feels like failing or at least not winning. People spend a ton of time and possibly money, to level up troops and heroes etc, only to be able to 2 star?? Its not that two starring is boring, as much as not rewarding. People want to be strong in games, that's fun for most people. If it was fun being weak in games, would people spend so much time leveling up their characters and trying to get some item that will make them stronger? They do it because they want to feel powerful and that is an enjoyable feeling. Feeling average isn't fun or exciting. Every game I have played, I have seen people quit, when they feel weak and nerfed, never seen someone quit because they were too powerful.
    exactly this......

if I wanted to play a 2* game I would only level up my TH to 2 levels below the top and get the same job done, maybe not with the same % but maybe close enough to help win the war, and I certainly wouldn’t have to spend a large amount of time practicing attacks etc to try and become any better.......

I’ve stated before and been chastised for it by the so called experts around here about how the regular Jimmys of the game are what should be considered above all else, not that the others shouldn’t be taken into consideration, but it’s the Jimmys who are the ones who are spending the most money and probably the most time on the game......

The trick, as we all know, is to balance the game well enough to please both the Jimmys and the top end players to keep them around for a long time, how that is done is delicate and is for those at SC that get paid the big bucks, and like I’ve said, one that I don’t envy. Even Eino (apologies if spelt wrong) winced when asked about the difficulty of managing the Queen’s AI........

but I can tell you that by alienating the Jimmys for too long will be much more devastating in the long run than having a disgruntled elite minority.

and lastly, I would also venture to guess, that more people would watch (participate in) and take interest in Events such as the RvF if it was promoted better. And in no way am I saying that those who did this one did a bad job, because of course they did an excellent job and my hat goes off to them for doing so, but I remember some cake eating scenarios that seem to generate quite a large amount of interest around here, where has that interest gone? The Forum should be about promoting the fun in the game, I personally would like to see more of that than we have in recent times.......

quit the bickering and get back to having fun

I’ve said more than I probably should have, so I’m out...........

cya on the battlefield

Part of what concerns me in this thread is a possible lack of appreciation for the game that you hold in your hands.

There was another thread recently here that asked if Clash was the worlds best strategy game. Opinions on that matter aside, the title spoke to me because I truly feel like SC has done an amazing job with the game. Each base you raid functions as a puzzle, and beating the puzzle requires proper allocation of resources, good game awareness and anticipation, along with a good understanding of game mechanics.

In short, I love this game because it makes you think.

I bite my tongue a lot when reading this thread because I truly donít want to offend anyone. But if your mad about not 3 starring, Iím immediately curious about the comp your using, how much you practice, and really, how much you have exposed yourself to those that can help you...

Short story, when OBS came around, I was in a bind. I was used to being a top 1000 player in the clouds but I was just a safe 2 star hitter, always had been. Now with skill being the new requisite instead of time, I had to up my game if I was goin to enjoy Legends at all at that point...

So what you do is study good players, understand why what they do well works, and then practice practice practice.

I understand available play time is different for everyone...but this game is just like a lot of things in life, those who have the ability and drive to really do well usually do.

So again this question about balance is moot to me. People are clearly getting 3 stars which means its quite possible, itís up to you to make it happen.

I lead Yeah Baby!!!!, finished 3rd in the US last month....in all seriousness Iím happy to work with anyone who is interested in getting better, PM me on forums or come visit, Stay Safe yíall ✌️

Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post
    Part of what concerns me in this thread is a possible lack of appreciation for the game that you hold in your hands.

There was another thread recently here that asked if Clash was the worlds best strategy game. Opinions on that matter aside, the title spoke to me because I truly feel like SC has done an amazing job with the game. Each base you raid functions as a puzzle, and beating the puzzle requires proper allocation of resources, good game awareness and anticipation, along with a good understanding of game mechanics.

I bite my tongue a lot when reading this thread because I truly don’t want to offend anyone. But if your mad about not 3 starring, I’m immediately curious about the comp your using, how much you practice, and really, how much you have exposed yourself to those that can help you...

Short story, when OBS came around, I was in a bind. I was used to being a top 1000 player in the clouds but I was just a safe 2 star hitter, always had been. Now with skill being the new requisite instead of time, I had to up my game if I was goin to enjoy Legends at all at that point...

So what you do is study good players, understand why what they do well works, and then practice practice practice.

I understand available play time is different for everyone...but this game is just like a lot of things in life, those who have the ability and drive to really do well usually do.

So again this question about balance is moot to me. People are clearly getting 3 stars which means its quite possible, it’s up to you to make it happen.

I lead Yeah Baby!!!!, finished 3rd in the US last month....in all seriousness I’m happy to work with anyone who is interested in getting better, PM me on forums or come visit, Stay Safe y’all ✌️
    I don't think anyone should be offended by those who want the game to be one that requires so much practice and, thus, don't want offense as strong as someone that wants to just pick it up and play. Neither is right or wrong in voicing what would be most fun for them. SC needs to decide what balance is best for the overall. I happen to think there is still some room for both to be satisfied. Offense could be made stronger so the "pick up and play" guy has more fun than he is having now, yet the players who practice and spend a lot of time on plans before each war attack don't have their wars ruined with 100% ties over and over.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Quote Originally Posted by TheClanimals View Post

I bite my tongue a lot when reading this thread because I truly don’t want to offend anyone. But if your mad about not 3 starring, I’m immediately curious about the comp your using, how much you practice, and really, how much you have exposed yourself to those that can help you...

So again this question about balance is moot to me. People are clearly getting 3 stars which means its quite possible, it’s up to you to make it happen.

I lead Yeah Baby!!!!, finished 3rd in the US last month....in all seriousness I’m happy to work with anyone who is interested in getting better, PM me on forums or come visit, Stay Safe y’all ✌️
    The problem with what you describe is it sounds like a full time job. 8 legends attacks. War attacks. And practice, practice, practice? I dont expect a lot of three stars even though I do watch attack videos and how tos. However, even a blind squirrel seems to have a better chance of finding a nut than those in my level of legends of finding a 3 star. I know my limitations. I adapt strategies for me. Worked fine at th12. I had multiple strats that I could have a chance of 3 star with. Still searching now. For some reason, there is a much bigger divide in th13 between those who are getting 3s and those who are not. Congrats that you can. For me, if i stay stuck in 2 star purgatory, I'll probably mothball my main and just play my mini.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22