Page 38 of 59 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To low success-rate on 3 Stars after the new Update

1.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #371
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    I honestly don’t even think I’m exceptionally good. Definitely above average but not top teir.
    Whether you think it or not, you clearly are. If you are normall at 5400+ in the later part of thecseason, that puts you in the top 10-15% of legends players, who are already a pretty small proportion of even TH13 players.

And if you are regularly getting 25%+ triples in legends, that makes you better (with a generic army and only 30bseconds to plan) than the average CWL Champions 1 player - which is just the top 650 or so clans out of hundreds of thousands playing CWL.

Based on what you have told us, your skills clearly put you in the top 1%, probably in the top 0.1% of players. That is definitely "top tier".

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Whether you think it or not, you clearly are. If you are normall at 5400+ in the later part of thecseason, that puts you in the top 10-15% of legends players, who are already a pretty small proportion of even TH13 players.

And if you are regularly getting 25%+ triples in legends, that makes you better (with a generic army and only 30bseconds to plan) than the average CWL Champions 1 player - which is just the top 650 or so clans out of hundreds of thousands playing CWL.

Based on what you have told us, your skills clearly put you in the top 1%, probably in the top 0.1% of players. That is definitely "top tier".
    Have you ever thought maybe that it might not be me being in the top 1%. Maybe if your having so much trouble maybe you are lower than what you realise. We have around 40 th13s in our clan and I would say at least 25 of them would see better results than what you mention. Your results are similar to the players in my clan who just donít grasp attacking concepts in the way most do
    Last edited by Realtruth; May 25th, 2020 at 08:43 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #373
    Have you ever thought maybe that it might not be me being in the top 1%.
    Not really, because I'm going by the numbers.

Maybe if your having so much trouble maybe you are lower than what you realise. We have around 40 th13s in our clan and I would say at least 25 of them would see better results than what you mention. Your results are similar to the players in my clan who just don’t grasp attacking concepts in the way most do
    I'm not comparing you to me. I know I am only a moderately good attacker. I'm good enough to be just in the top half of Legends, in terms of rankings. You are in the top 10% of Legends, and there is a big difference in skill levels between top 10% and top 50%.

But I'm also, without any reference to how I do, comparing your results to those at the very top in CWL. Very, very few players are at that level, and they average about 23% triples, after being able to scout the base and choose an appropriate army. If you are scoring more than 25% in a level of legends where most targets will be close to max, then you are better than the average CWL champs 1 player.

And if you have 25 TH13 players who can get 25% triples against similar, your clan should be in Champs 1, easily.

You are better than you think you are.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Not really, because I'm going by the numbers.

I'm not comparing you to me. I know I am only a moderately good attacker. I'm good enough to be just in the top half of Legends, in terms of rankings. You are in the top 10% of Legends, and there is a big difference in skill levels between top 10% and top 50%.

But I'm also, without any reference to how I do, comparing your results to those at the very top in CWL. Very, very few players are at that level, and they average about 23% triples, after being able to scout the base and choose an appropriate army. If you are scoring more than 25% in a level of legends where most targets will be close to max, then you are better than the average CWL champs 1 player.

And if you have 25 TH13 players who can get 25% triples against similar, your clan should be in Champs 1, easily.

You are better than you think you are.

I didnít say 25 people in my clan get 25% I said they perform better than the near impossible to 3 star th13s like you mention. Our downside is we have 8 accounts who are clearly champs 1 quality attackers who 3 star on a very regular basis. After that we a drop off and we usually have to carry 2-3 I would prefer not too..
    todayís war I got a 6 pack as well on 2 very near max 13s. Not internet bases.. I just feel with good planning 3 stars are quite easily achievable

........... I just feel with good planning 3 stars are quite easily achievable
    You may feel like that, but most players probably feel the opposite.

I honestly don’t even think I’m exceptionally good. Definitely above average but not top teir. I understand the basics of funnelling which is something a large portion of players don’t. Making the game easier shouldn’t fix that. I just had a war attack on a near max 13 and easily 3 starred it with like 30 seconds left. It wasn’t an internet base either.
    People should “expect” to get 3 stars. Maybe that’s the problem. People expect it to happen without understanding basic attack knowledge.. how to path troops.. don’t use balanced armies or plan well. I spend maybe 5 minutes planning a war attack. That’s it. Sometimes longer. But I get a bunch of 3 stars in war I would say maybe 30% ish. I just don’t see why people say it’s so hard
    If you can do something that a "large portion" of the players cannot, that tends to make you "good" yeah? If you're 3 starring 30% of the time against max th13s, you are very good. As for the top 10-15% that Ajax was referencing, the numbers are what they are.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

Centennial Club
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik5839 View Post
    You may feel like that, but most players probably feel the opposite.
    I just donít see it. In our wars there are multiple 3 star hit on max 13s... every single war. Half way through our current war 10 th13s have been 3 starred total. I expect at least a couple more will drop. Every war there are 3 star hits. Plenty of them.

Bottom line to this discussion is that TH13 players exist with skill levels.

Are triples easy, as Realtruth says? Well no, the numbers we see in Champions League, but also in ESL tournaments, show different.

Are triples way too hard? Again no, the number of triples I see in regular wars (where part of the triples are cleanup hits) seems very reasonable.

Of course the big difference is that the higher you play, the better the bases are you encounter. Bases in Champions League 1 CWL or ESL cannot be compared to the bases most TH13 players use.

Finding the right balance for the majority of TH13 bases is hard, but I do think they are in a good spot right now. As I mentioned earlier, the last RvF war we played showed more then enough TH13 bases tripled. Buffing offense would result in the game becoming too easy at TH13 and I for one would not like that to happen. And however I know I am a decent attacker, I am miles away from the elite players :-)

One last thing: ones position in LL shows your skill with an all-round army on bases specifically built for LL. Which is completely different from clan war or CWL, where you can plan hours and use a custom army for a base. And even can pick a base that suits you best.

Pro Member
    I just donít see it. In our wars there are multiple 3 star hit on max 13s... every single war. Half way through our current war 10 th13s have been 3 starred total. I expect at least a couple more will drop. Every war there are 3 star hits. Plenty of them.
    Same in our wars, we have 4 out of 15 this war and 4 99% 2 stars... seriously, 4 of them 😭

Edit* that's just so far, we have like 10 attacks left still
    Last edited by bostone; May 25th, 2020 at 02:11 PM.

I just don’t see it. In our wars there are multiple 3 star hit on max 13s... every single war. Half way through our current war 10 th13s have been 3 starred total. I expect at least a couple more will drop. Every war there are 3 star hits. Plenty of them.
    One difference here is you are talking about classic war when the 20ish% being discussed is CWL. It definitely is easier in classic war where you can hit a base for a second time after knowing where everything is, troops, etc. and especially if it was already 3 starred. I'd still say my clan isn't that high in % against max th13s, but we aren't as good as the Champs1 clans either.

I'd also note there is a huge difference between a max th13 and an early or mid th13. My clan regularly 3 stars early to mid th13s. The max th13s happen occasionally, but not nearly as often.

Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.