Page 37 of 61 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 370 of 603

  Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.   Thread: To low success-rate on 3 Stars after the new Update

  1. #361
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    260
    Quote Originally Posted by Lorenz98 View Post
    That is not how I remember it, afaik the 3 starrate in champ I when the World Championship qualifiers began in march last year was around 10% and didn't change much in the following months. After the Update with the hero levels in summer especially with the Lv.40 Warden the 3 star rate in Ch 1 rose to about 15%. Before th13 got released it was maybe 20% at best.

    Edit:
    I looked up all the numbers in Onyx' unofficial interim results since march last year.

    2019:
    march: 8.3%
    april: 10.3%
    may: 10.9%
    june: 11.1%
    july: 13.3% (after hero update)
    august: 15.2%
    september: 15.7%
    october: 16.7%
    november: 19.7%
    december: 23.6% (Th13 update in mid of the cwl week)

    2020:
    january: 32%
    february: 29.9%
    march: 26.3%
    april: 23.8% (Defensive Update)
    may: 23.5%
    So the current th13 is easier than th12 at max, it certainly doesnít feel like it. Looking at these stats we might still be in the period of the cycle where offense is stronger than defense. If these stats are any indication of whatís to come when th13 is at max (which means archer, wizard towers, canons and other defenses getting additional levels, additional camp levels, potentially new hero levels, some new troop levels and more super troops) then we might see the 3 star hit rate level off to that 16-19% range when th12 was at max.

  2.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #362
    Quote Originally Posted by LorenzoVonMT View Post
    So the current th13 is easier than th12 at max, it certainly doesn’t feel like it. Looking at these stats we might still be in the period of the cycle where offense is stronger than defense. If these stats are any indication of what’s to come when th13 is at max (which means archer, wizard towers, canons and other defenses getting additional levels, additional camp levels, potentially new hero levels, some new troop levels and more super troops) then we might see the 3 star hit rate level off to that 16-19% range when th12 was at max.
    I would like to see that as the average hit rate in Legends and in all champions Cwl, maybe even Maters 1-2, not the rate just in Champs 1 CWL and the top few hundred Legends players.

  3.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #363
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    Dude the 3 star rate is DOUBLE what it was at th12... I’m sorry but that is a massive difference. Now you don’t think supercell would have made th12 easier if they felt a 3 star rate of around 10-12% was way too low? They would have made buffs for sure. What does this tell you? That 10-12% is not a bad result in terms of what they are looking for. Now currently we have like 24%. That’s very high. I honestly expect the next balance to be a defensive one again. 24% is too high. So the th13s sitting here saying that 3 starring is almost impossible. They are clearly a lower teir attacker. I don’t expect supercell to balance their games based on results from a lower teir player..
    Sorry, but IMO they should do so (remembering that in this case, by "lower tier" you are talking about 90%+ of the TH13 player base). This "lower tier" players make up the vast bulk of the player base, and are what keeps the game going.

    If they are seriously discouraged, then the game will die. If the top 5% drop out, it will make little difference. Though I don't think anybody is suggesting it should be much higher even at that top tier. They certainly still shouldn't be getting 50%+ or anything like it.

    If you doubt that 90%+, my main is currently at 5227, and is ranked 194K - well into the top half of Legends, which is supposedly only about 1% of players (being generous, maybe 20% of Th13s). Looking at my defence log, there is just one triple, in 34 defences. I'm averaging about that or a bit less in attack too, though I did have 3 in four days last week - the first time I've ever done that.

    Now you can say this means the problem is with the players not the game, but the game is the players. If a large majority of players can only triple their equal bases one in 30 times, then the game is too hard.

    As I've said a number of tmes, I don't think it is much too hard, but it certainly should not be made any harder. And it doesn't matter if it was even worse at TH12, or any earlier TH. That is no reason why it should also be bad at TH13.

  4. #364
    Forum Champion Micker99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Posts
    5,908
    There is no way the 3 star rate is around 25% at TH 13 right now. I havent been tripled in lower legends in quite a while. I don't think I've ever 3 starred a fully max th13, since the last update. It's not impossible, but way too hard now, it's crossed thd line into frustrating and Ive really stopped playing much lately.

  5.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #365
    Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    There is no way the 3 star rate is around 25% at TH 13 right now. I havent been tripled in lower legends in quite a while. I don't think I've ever 3 starred a fully max th13, since the last update. It's not impossible, but way too hard now, it's crossed thd line into frustrating and Ive really stopped playing much lately.
    The (slightly under) 25% is in Champs 1 CWL.

    Overall, it is nothing like that high.

  6. #366
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I would like to see that as the average hit rate in Legends and in all champions Cwl, maybe even Maters 1-2, not the rate just in Champs 1 CWL and the top few hundred Legends players.
    The 3 star rate is lower in lower leagues despite facing easier bases. My own clan and those against us have a lower than 20ish% rate in Masters1 even though we mostly see th13s that are not max.

    Quote Originally Posted by Micker99 View Post
    There is no way the 3 star rate is around 25% at TH 13 right now. I havent been tripled in lower legends in quite a while. I don't think I've ever 3 starred a fully max th13, since the last update. It's not impossible, but way too hard now, it's crossed thd line into frustrating and Ive really stopped playing much lately.
    That 3 star rate refers to Champs1 in CWL (just a little lower than that). As noted above, it is lower in lower tiers usually. Based on my own experience in legends as a max th13 it is lower there too, as would be expected since there is 30 seconds to plan and no way to build a custom army for the design.

    Contact SC here. Click here for how trophies are calculated. Click here to see how war map placement of max halls is determined. An idea to improve legends here. I wish max players had a separate loot bank as described here. Caution, I often discuss for the sake of discussion and enjoy having my opinion challenged (or approved of) even when I care little about the actual issue.

  7. #367
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    Sorry, but IMO they should do so (remembering that in this case, by "lower tier" you are talking about 90%+ of the TH13 player base). This "lower tier" players make up the vast bulk of the player base, and are what keeps the game going.

    If they are seriously discouraged, then the game will die. If the top 5% drop out, it will make little difference. Though I don't think anybody is suggesting it should be much higher even at that top tier. They certainly still shouldn't be getting 50%+ or anything like it.

    If you doubt that 90%+, my main is currently at 5227, and is ranked 194K - well into the top half of Legends, which is supposedly only about 1% of players (being generous, maybe 20% of Th13s). Looking at my defence log, there is just one triple, in 34 defences. I'm averaging about that or a bit less in attack too, though I did have 3 in four days last week - the first time I've ever done that.

    Now you can say this means the problem is with the players not the game, but the game is the players. If a large majority of players can only triple their equal bases one in 30 times, then the game is too hard.

    As I've said a number of tmes, I don't think it is much too hard, but it certainly should not be made any harder. And it doesn't matter if it was even worse at TH12, or any earlier TH. That is no reason why it should also be bad at TH13.


    Well a few things firstly the top 5% would spend a vast majority of the revenue that clash generates.. so there is that and that would hold significant importance. Without these people the game wouldnít exist. Also legends trophies. 5227 I think does show skill level. I was pushing beginning of the season with my mini. My uncle passed away a week or so ago so I stopped attacking for a few days to deal with that. But i was already around the 5400 mark. I do find lower legends 5000-5300 very easy. Especially as the season progresses itís quite easy to triple. I had one day with 4 triples. The people who push legends high Average 3-4 triples every day. I have a member who does. He considers any day under 260 trophies a bad day. He triples every single day in legends. Honestly th13 really is not that hard. I donít see why people say it is. Sure you donít 3 star all the time. But it should require skill and careful planning to 3 star max 13s. If everyone starts doing it without planning then I wouldnít even play this game anymore. It needs to be a challenge. It needs to be exciting to get a triple

  8.   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #368
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    Well a few things firstly the top 5% would spend a vast majority of the revenue that clash generates.
    I'm not remotely convinced of that. They are mostly maxed or close to it, they have no need to spend money.

    Though maybe 5% was pushing that a bit far. I was really thinking top 5% of Legends there, or at most top 5% of Th13s since we are talking TH13vTH13, but I accept I didn't say that.

    . so there is that and that would hold significant importance. Without these people the game wouldn’t exist. Also legends trophies. 5227 I think does show skill level. I was pushing beginning of the season with my mini. My uncle passed away a week or so ago so I stopped attacking for a few days to deal with that. But i was already around the 5400 mark. I do find lower legends 5000-5300 very easy. Especially as the season progresses it’s quite easy to triple. I had one day with 4 triples. The people who push legends high Average 3-4 triples every day. I have a member who does. He considers any day under 260 trophies a bad day. He triples every single day in legends. Honestly th13 really is not that hard. I don’t see why people say it is.
    You don't see it because you are exceptionally good.

    Anybody who is tripling high Th13s more than 25% of the time in Legends is in the true elite.

    Sure you don’t 3 star all the time. But it should require skill and careful planning to 3 star max 13s. If everyone starts doing it without planning then I wouldn’t even play this game anymore. It needs to be a challenge. It needs to be exciting to get a triple
    Nobody has argued otherwise.

    We just want the good but not great players to be able to have a reasonable chance. It should still be rare for us, but for those who are truly great like yourself, that will mean it isn't rare, though still not all that high. You will still have to work for it, but you should be expecting to get 2-3 per day in Legends.

    While people like me should be expecting to get one every couple of days or so. Not 3-4 per month.

    260 means 4 triples, and the other 4 averaging 25. Or 3 triples and the other 5 averaging 28. That is way better than the Champs 1 CWL average, so your friend should be well into in the top 1000 players.

  9. #369
    Centennial Club
    Join Date
    Dec 2017
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Ajax View Post
    I'm not remotely convinced of that. They are mostly maxed or close to it, they have no need to spend money.

    Though maybe 5% was pushing that a bit far. I was really thinking top 5% of Legends there, or at most top 5% of Th13s since we are talking TH13vTH13, but I accept I didn't say that.



    You don't see it because you are exceptionally good.

    Anybody who is tripling high Th13s more than 25% of the time in Legends is in the true elite.



    Nobody has argued otherwise.

    We just want the good but not great players to be able to have a reasonable chance. It should still be rare for us, but for those who are truly great like yourself, that will mean it isn't rare, though still not all that high. You will still have to work for it, but you should be expecting to get 2-3 per day in Legends.

    While people like me should be expecting to get one every couple of days or so. Not 3-4 per month.

    260 means 4 triples, and the other 4 averaging 25. Or 3 triples and the other 5 averaging 28. That is way better than the Champs 1 CWL average, so your friend should be well into in the top 1000 players.

    I honestly donít even think Iím exceptionally good. Definitely above average but not top teir. I understand the basics of funnelling which is something a large portion of players donít. Making the game easier shouldnít fix that. I just had a war attack on a near max 13 and easily 3 starred it with like 30 seconds left. It wasnít an internet base either.
    People should ďexpectĒ to get 3 stars. Maybe thatís the problem. People expect it to happen without understanding basic attack knowledge.. how to path troops.. donít use balanced armies or plan well. I spend maybe 5 minutes planning a war attack. Thatís it. Sometimes longer. But I get a bunch of 3 stars in war I would say maybe 30% ish. I just donít see why people say itís so hard

  10. #370
    Forum Hero Piper139's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    7,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Realtruth View Post
    I honestly don’t even think I’m exceptionally good. Definitely above average but not top teir. I understand the basics of funnelling which is something a large portion of players don’t. Making the game easier shouldn’t fix that. I just had a war attack on a near max 13 and easily 3 starred it with like 30 seconds left. It wasn’t an internet base either.
    People should “expect” to get 3 stars. Maybe that’s the problem. People expect it to happen without understanding basic attack knowledge.. how to path troops.. don’t use balanced armies or plan well. I spend maybe 5 minutes planning a war attack. That’s it. Sometimes longer. But I get a bunch of 3 stars in war I would say maybe 30% ish. I just don’t see why people say it’s so hard
    So much bravo Sierra in this post. We plebs do have a slight idea of setting a funnel. Regardless, something is weird with th13. I enjoyed the th12 endgame. 13, not so much. It evidently plays to the strengths of a small subset and not to us common folk.
    sig by dharmaraj in sig shop
    Clan: MN ICE #8UCRP8CL
    IGN: Piper139 #2PQQR9Q22

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •